It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New flu with high mortality rate spreading in Mexico

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Key Facts about Swine Influenza (Swine Flu)
www.cdc.gov...

Swine Flu

What is Swine Influenza?
Swine Influenza (swine flu) is a respiratory disease of pigs caused by type A influenza virus that regularly causes outbreaks of influenza in pigs. Swine flu viruses cause high levels of illness and low death rates in pigs. Swine influenza viruses may circulate among swine throughout the year, but most outbreaks occur during the late fall and winter months similar to outbreaks in humans. The classical swine flu virus (an influenza type A H1N1 virus) was first isolated from a pig in 1930.

How many swine flu viruses are there?
Like all influenza viruses, swine flu viruses change constantly. Pigs can be infected by avian influenza and human influenza viruses as well as swine influenza viruses. When influenza viruses from different species infect pigs, the viruses can reassort (i.e. swap genes) and new viruses that are a mix of swine, human and/or avian influenza viruses can emerge. Over the years, different variations of swine flu viruses have emerged. At this time, there are four main influenza type A virus subtypes that have been isolated in pigs: H1N1, H1N2, H3N2, and H3N1. However, most of the recently isolated influenza viruses from pigs have been H1N1 viruses.
More at Link...

Swine Flu - Outbreak in Mexico, U.S. Tied To New Unique Strain
www.nationalterroralert.com...

Asia takes precautions after swine flu outbreak
timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

Visualizing Swine Flu in Mexico
paul.kedrosky.com...

[edit on 4/25/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Back 2 years ago when I first got wind of the pandemic flu threat I got really freaked out by it and bought lots of supplies. I heard about the book THE STAND while reading through some forum and the very day after I'd heard about it I came across a copy of it in a charity shop so bought it. Seemed at the time like the universe was telling me, "no, you're not nuts and you really ought to read this".

Back to supplies, I bought a big box of masks 2 years ago but not long after read somewhere than masks have a shelf life , ie a sell by date. They don't tell you this when you buy them so this is something you might want to check on if any of you has bought some more than a year ago. Surgical gloves, shoe covers and plastic clothes coveralls (like the ones decorators wear) would also be prudent if you had to go outdoors for some reason in the middle of a pandemic. all this stuff is quite cheap on ebay.

Here's a site dedicated to avian flu preparedness and survival, I used to frequent it back 2 years ago , it's full of info and advice :

Avian Flu Talk

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Cosmic there is a place in pontypridd you can get good supplies (masks etc) and they have a 10 year shelf life....if all else fails run for brecon lol

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
There quality food products they keep getting people in the US sick with theres no telling what they might have. They have been found to pump straight sewer water on the vegitable farms for watering .

Yeah another great reason to let them keep coming in, plugging up our ER rooms, using our tax money, welfare, and what do they bring? Disease, drugs, murders, rapists, and pedophiles. I say close down the border, don't let Americans in and keep the mexicans out!

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by dtice
Here is what I don't get. I think we are all pretty much in agreement that there is some extremely shady stuff going on. In their own documents they talk about it. Many many conspiracy laden events continue to happen. So why then go to all the trouble with the set-up like the miac report about right wing "extremists" and the mandatory community service and the crashing of the economy, why then wipe us out with a pandemic flu? It makes no sense to me. It would explain things we've heard about like the trains, and the camp for people needing to be "quarantined" for lack of taking the flu shot or whatever. But the rest of it. All the preparation just to wipe us out in such a random fashion? I just don't get it.

My thinking too.

Although it doesn't really explain the trains...as it's been reported that metal shackles have been installed in these train cars. Why weld shackles/hand and leg cuffs in train cars for people who are too ill to stand up, and breath, let alone run away?

Then i considered for a second that there is perhaps not just one 'cartel' but perhaps several (or many come to that!) each with different agendas, or different takes on similar agendas.

We could be dealing with an attack on multiple fronts in other words. Or possibly multiple attacks on multiple fronts.

Or...it could be a millions to one chance genetic mutation of a pig/bird/human influenza virus that just happened to jump three separate species while acquiring and adding DNA from each species to make up this flu virus we are now seeing. Strange too that the 'pig (swine) virus is not being detected in any pigs that have so far been tested...

Even stranger that three vials of experimental (read: weaponised) strain s of virus were discovered to have gone mysteriously 'missing' about three weeks or so ago from a military base in FL, US.

Then we find otherwise healthy show horses suddenly and literally dropping dead, for no apparent reason. Later to be explained as a bad dose of 'vitamins'.

Then a week later we start hearing of people coming down with a TRI-DNA mutated swine flu virus...

Wash hands often, don't go where people tend to group, don't touch public surfaces/button/ fuel pumps /money/traffic crossing buttons, ATM buttons and then touch your face without first sterilizing your hands.

The truth is, at the moment they (the WHO et al do NOT know how this virus has originated...even stranger is that they are calling it 'swine flu', yet pigs are NOT infected.
EVEN stranger is that the WHO said on Sky news 30 minutes ago, that they had stockpiled millions of doses of a vaccine that is effective against this 'new and unknown virus'...how? How can they have stockpiles millions of doses, and not know what the virus is exactly?

Mexico has reported it is to start a 'Mass vaccination program' in the worst affected areas.

How can a vaccine be prepared, for millions of people, without knowing what strain the virus is? The answer is, they can't. Could be panic limitation going on.

Take care all, stay away from people who have been to the areas affected or people who may have contacted those that have.

spikey.

[edit on 25/4/2009 by spikey]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by observer

Well said. Add to the combo the Ebola Reston Virus found in pig farms in the Phillippines late 2008. You have now one big f*0%#@ salsa that could eradicate humanity.

www.earthtimes.org...

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Major updates can be followed on twitter here twitter.com... and here twitter.com...

News is breaking on the front page of all major media outlets such as CNN. This isn't tinfoil folks.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I have to agree with someone else that pointed out the fact that this virus is "a strange mix of human, pig and bird viruses that has epidemiologists deeply concerned."

Either these viruses decided to do this on their own or someone or something else put them together.

I still think this is the PTB starting thier clensing of the population. I think we are headed for the greatest depression we have ever seen and they need a weakend population to control and what better way than bio-terror.

I think the DHS report on extremists was the go signal for this. Right after that came out you saw the reaction of the American People. They were pissed then this happens.

There is no way these types of viruses just decide to come together in such a short amount of time.

I wonder what regions of the earth the separate parts of this virus are from and how much of a coincidence it has to be for them to join together?

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
pandemic 2 anyone
better get to madagascar before it closes its borders

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Stupid question....

What's this flu's dormancy lifespan? Because I had a horrible thought last night before bed- ANYTHING 'hecho en Mexico' could be vehicles for this stuff- all it takes is a few infected workers breathing, coughing, sneezing or anything else onto products or into boxes, or even tractor trailers. Instant pandemic right 'out of the box' Or fruit, veggies, ect ect ect.....

Unless it lasts like only 4 hours outside of the human body....

[edit on 25-4-2009 by wylekat]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Even thought he mortality rate is quite low the terrible thing about a pandemic virus like this would be the effect it has on our already weak economy. I think this would probably be the nail in the coffin.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by Bugman82]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by northof8
I have to agree with someone else that pointed out the fact that this virus is "a strange mix of human, pig and bird viruses that has epidemiologists deeply concerned."

Either these viruses decided to do this on their own or someone or something else put them together.

I still think this is the PTB starting thier clensing of the population. I think we are headed for the greatest depression we have ever seen and they need a weakend population to control and what better way than bio-terror.

I think the DHS report on extremists was the go signal for this. Right after that came out you saw the reaction of the American People. They were pissed then this happens.

There is no way these types of viruses just decide to come together in such a short amount of time.

I wonder what regions of the earth the separate parts of this virus are from and how much of a coincidence it has to be for them to join together?

Yeah!

Or maybe not....

Short amount of time relative to what?

I ask you, "What are the odds that any life, let alone complex life such as us, would evolve from primordial ooze in such a short amount of time?"

For me, a virus, which is not even alive, seems pretty simple. Maybe, just maybe the odds are pretty good, relatively speaking, that it is natural.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Bugman82

was saying just the same thing to my partner earlier. This being so hot on the heels of the recession will be what causes a complete and utter economic meltdown the world over if it goes pandemic, and isn't that just what they have wanted ? It sure is convenient timing

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
It's really not all that strange for it be a combination of avian, human and swine. What left a scratch on my mind is that it is a combination of different swine viruses from different continents.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
This must be the start of depopulation.

The economy is already set to have another wave of foreclosures which the banks won't be able to handle. This will add to the fire, causing the mother of all storms.

These people know exactly what they're doing to bring about this New World Order.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
*UPDATE*

MEXICO CITY (AP) — Mexico City is suspending all public events for 10 days as officials try to contain an outbreak of a deadly new swine flu.

Mayor Marcelo Ebrard says the city has enough medicine to treat those infected, but the city's focus is on containing the spread of the strain.

City Health Secretary Armando Ahued says 10 new possible cases of infection have been discovered.

Officials say some 1,004 people have been infected nationwide. Tests show 20 people have died of the swine flu, and 48 other deaths were probably due to the same strain.

The H1N1 virus is a mix of human, pig and bird viruses that has epidemiologists around the world deeply concerned.

The World Health Organization says the outbreak has "pandemic potential."

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by wiredamerican
This has been going around in the united states as well. I should know I had it 2 months ago. 1st sign is a scratchy throat , then it is the tiredness, then it is the irritability, then you have a hard time breathing, ;much mucas , then the fever hits. 103 minimum. lasts 6 days and the whole time you are craving ice water ..LOTS OF IT... I WARN YOU.... drink Ice water non stop when these symptoms start to progress... It saved me, and I bet it will save you!!!!!!!!!!!

Wired I was thinking the same thing we all had that too,

garlic, lots of garlic

[edit on 103030p://bSaturday2009 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
The current thinking seems to be that although this disease could go global it would not have the same effects as pure Avian Flu would do nor would it cause so many deaths as the big flu pandemic did. It is sensitive to Tamiflu as well apparantly, which is the drug most governments started stocking a couple of years ago when the threat of Avian Flu was initially given alot of media attention. So perhaps this thing will not hit nearly as hard as people imagine it might but of course I do realize it could mutate further or otherwise evolve in ways as yet unknown.

source

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysticalzoe

Yeah another great reason to let them keep coming in, plugging up our ER rooms, using our tax money, welfare, and what do they bring? Disease, drugs, murders, rapists, and pedophiles. I say close down the border, don't let Americans in and keep the mexicans out!

Be careful not to go to extremes here Zoe. Perhaps the outbreak has happened in mexico though that doesn't mean it originated from there. Closing the border between the USA & Mexico isn't the answer, some of the dirtiest places are airports which amounts to prolific world-wide spread of many diseases, including influenza.

Going to extremes may just be the type of panic & hysteria that world governments want to enhance.

Whoever or whatever brought about this strain of flu, I figure that world governments will use fear & create hysteria of an influenza pandemic in order to bring about more control of the masses, & keep them in virtual slavery by bringing in draconian laws, all under the guise of being "for our own good" of course.

The world governments are the real dangers, and they've set a very clever trap, as some have eluded to & discussed previously.

Keep calm folks, & take the necessary precautions.
Thanks for the heads-up on this one.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

I don't know how I missed this, this is definitely Bio-terrorism!! Nothing else could explain this strain!

You convinced me.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join