It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Royal Family are winners from the Budget

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   
www.telegraph.co.uk...

It sickens me to see how its 'business as usual' for the Royal Family, even in this current economic climate by the British government who are actually dishing out a tax break worth hundreds of thousands of pounds to them for some pointless PR office for prince Harry and William. Talk about the rich getting richer, and the poor getting poorer.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mighty_quinn

Well, why do you actually even have such medieval traditions? The age of feodalism ended a long time ago.

The only job an aristocrat can do properly is to hang from a noose.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Etsivä Romppainen

It wasn't even a century ago when you had your own monarchy pal.

Im not sure but i have heard somewhere that the UK is a democratic country and the Monarchy is a powerless relic.. just a symbol of Britishness...

I still cant be sure on that..

Obviously you have some other information that shows the UK monarchy is powerful, evil and deserve to be murdered in cold blood.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

The only reason the Monarchy is kept is for tourism purposes. They generate a decent amount of revenue each year, but i'm not sure if that offsets the £36million a year cost of 'running' the royal family!

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I'm glad to see this actually.

Many is the night I've been unable to sleep,wondering how the little princes' images can be improved.

Glad to know we're all helping out with our taxes to ensure their nightly parties can be 'spun' into looking beneficial to us all.

God bless Great Britain.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Ah well....here are some truths....maybe...

The Royal Family make a lots more in tourism than they are paid....not sure of the figures, but it's a sound investment, and keep us from getting rid of them. It suits them.

The "ruling" families will pretty much always get what they want, and will rename anything whatever they like to make sure it happens that way.

Feudalism is not dead....it's just called something else. Peasants are still disposable, according to them. I've seen it happen to others, it's happened to me.

But these are just my opinions.....

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Feudalism is most definitely not dead.

Pay your taxes to the lord. Dont hunt or fish on any of the lords land without his expressed permission. If the lord wants he can take your property and shoot your children in the head and you cant saying about it.

That's America.

Any form of centralized government is feudal. Property taxation makes ua all share-croppers on the lords land.

Feudalism just changed its name to democracy or republic and spread itself over most of the world.

We Americans are serfs to be extorted and tossed aside and the federal government is our king.

The only things different between modern "democracy" or "republic" and feudalism is the clothes arent so tattered and people brush their teeth.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Reminds me of Imelda Marcos collecting shoes while the Filipino people suffered.

What's that famous last line?

"Let them eat cake!"

That's it!

When are the British populace going to wake up, and once and for all eliminate their royal family?

top topics

join