It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama actually does something right IMO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Obama announces plan to lease federal waters for clean energy

Ok I must admit I do my fair share of complaining about Obama and his love of spending money, so I might as well give him some props when he does something right. This is a good idea and it doesnt take a bunch of federal dollars. It just opens up the land for private investment to generate energy. The leases will raise money for the government (God knows they need it), and allow private companies to build the projects and run them as they see fit.

The only part I didnt like was the part where they start talking about 300 million for new buses and some other money they want to pour down the drain. But you cant have everything. It could be worse. They could have decided to drop a few trillion on building their own government ran power facilities.

So lets give President Obama a nice round of applause.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by justsomeboreddude

I wouldn't be applauding to fast or to quick.

What appears to be a great idea on the surface isn't always what it appears.
leasing off the waters means it is closed to everyone except the lease holders.
If the fishing industry needs to use those currents, you will have to close down those industries.

we have had 4 rivers closed to fishing due to an apparent endangered fish which inhabits the area.

so again, even though on the surface looks good, the crap could be just under the surface.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

Ahh darn it! I knew it was too good to be true.
Seriously though, I am just excited to see them actually acknowledge that someone other than the government may be part of the solution.

Hopefully they will do it right and make it work for everyone. I know... call me an optomist.

join