It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HR 1207, Making History?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
HR 1207 History in the making?

Ron Paul’s bill to audit the Federal Reserve (HR 1207) now has 71 co-sponsors, and the numbers keep growing!

This is history in the making, and victory is within reach. Imagine what will happen if HR 1207, The Federal Reserve Transparency Act, comes up for vote in Congress! With more than 16% of Congress already co-sponsoring this bill, it has real potential to pass

RonPaul.com

This is BIG news!

Most bills never even make it to committee. HR 1207 is now in committee with 71 co-sponsors, including MY rep. Tammy Baldwin. Now I can stop constantly sending messages through her website.

It will be interesting to follow this over the next few months. This is really a lot further than I thought this would go and it is Gaining momentum. There is a real possibility that this can pass.

Now is the time to surge this to the house floor for a vote. If you want this to pass and you don't see your rep. Pester them, demand to know why they have not signed up to co-sponsor.

Capitol Switchboard: (202) 224-3121

HR 1207 Co-Sponsors (as of 4/22/2009)

Rep Abercrombie, Neil [HI-1] - 2/26/2009
Rep Akin, W. Todd [MO-2] - 3/19/2009
Rep Alexander, Rodney [LA-5] - 3/10/2009
Rep Bachmann, Michele [MN-6] - 2/26/2009
Rep Baldwin, Tammy [WI-2] - 4/21/2009
Rep Bartlett, Roscoe G. [MD-6] - 2/26/2009
Rep Bilbray, Brian P. [CA-50] - 4/21/2009
Rep Bishop, Rob [UT-1] - 4/21/2009
Rep Blackburn, Marsha [TN-7] - 3/16/2009
Rep Blunt, Roy [MO-7] - 3/24/2009
Rep Broun, Paul C. [GA-10] - 2/26/2009
Rep Buchanan, Vern [FL-13] - 3/17/2009
Rep Burgess, Michael C. [TX-26] - 3/19/2009
Rep Burton, Dan [IN-5] - 2/26/2009
Rep Capito, Shelley Moore [WV-2] - 4/1/2009
Rep Carter, John R. [TX-31] - 3/31/2009
Rep Castle, Michael N. [DE] - 3/17/2009
Rep Chaffetz, Jason [UT-3] - 3/6/2009
Rep Cole, Tom [OK-4] - 4/21/2009
Rep Culberson, John Abney [TX-7] - 3/26/2009
Rep Deal, Nathan [GA-9] - 3/23/2009
Rep DeFazio, Peter A. [OR-4] - 3/9/2009
Rep Doggett, Lloyd [TX-25] - 4/21/2009
Rep Duncan, John J., Jr. [TN-2] - 3/6/2009
Rep Ehlers, Vernon J. [MI-3] - 4/21/2009
Rep Fallin, Mary [OK-5] - 4/2/2009
Rep Fleming, John [LA-4] - 3/18/2009
Rep Foxx, Virginia [NC-5] - 3/10/2009
Rep Franks, Trent [AZ-2] - 3/23/2009
Rep Garrett, Scott [NJ-5] - 3/5/2009
Rep Gingrey, Phil [GA-11] - 3/30/2009
Rep Grayson, Alan [FL-8] - 3/11/2009
Rep Heller, Dean [NV-2] - 3/6/2009
Rep Herger, Wally [CA-2] - 4/21/2009
Rep Jones, Walter B., Jr. [NC-3] - 2/26/2009
Rep Kagen, Steve [WI-8] - 2/26/2009
Rep Kingston, Jack [GA-1] - 3/6/2009
Rep Lamborn, Doug [CO-5] - 4/21/2009
Rep Latham, Tom [IA-4] - 4/21/2009
Rep Lucas, Frank D. [OK-3] - 4/21/2009
Rep Luetkemeyer, Blaine [MO-9] - 4/21/2009
Rep Lummis, Cynthia M. [WY] - 3/19/2009
Rep Manzullo, Donald A. [IL-16] - 4/21/2009
Rep Marchant, Kenny [TX-24] - 3/11/2009
Rep McCaul, Michael T. [TX-10] - 4/21/2009
Rep McClintock, Tom [CA-4] - 3/6/2009
Rep McCotter, Thaddeus G. [MI-11] - 3/19/2009
Rep Miller, Jeff [FL-1] - 3/24/2009
Rep Olson, Pete [TX-22] - 4/21/2009
Rep Paulsen, Erik [MN-3] - 3/30/2009
Rep Pence, Mike [IN-6] - 4/21/2009
Rep Peterson, Collin C. [MN-7] - 3/19/2009
Rep Petri, Thomas E. [WI-6] - 3/10/2009
Rep Platts, Todd Russell [PA-19] - 3/19/2009
Rep Poe, Ted [TX-2] - 2/26/2009
Rep Posey, Bill [FL-15] - 2/26/2009
Rep Price, Tom [GA-6] - 3/10/2009
Rep Rehberg, Denny [MT] - 2/26/2009
Rep Roe, David P. [TN-1] - 4/21/2009
Rep Rohrabacher, Dana [CA-46] - 3/6/2009
Rep Sessions, Pete [TX-32] - 3/23/2009
Rep Smith, Lamar [TX-21] - 4/2/2009
Rep Stark, Fortney Pete [CA-13] - 3/26/2009
Rep Stearns, Cliff [FL-6] - 3/6/2009
Rep Taylor, Gene [MS-4] - 3/6/2009
Rep Terry, Lee [NE-2] - 3/30/2009
Rep Wamp, Zach [TN-3] - 3/16/2009
Rep Westmoreland, Lynn A. [GA-3] - 4/2/2009
Rep Wittman, Robert J. [VA-1] - 4/1/2009
Rep Woolsey, Lynn C. [CA-6] - 2/26/2009
Rep Young, Don [AK] - 3/6/2009

RonPaul.com

~forced to edit size tags as they did not appear in the post they way they did in the preview. There was no other change

[edit on 4/22/2009 by AlienChaser]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Tammy has been a breath of fresh air for us here in Wisconsin, yes?

I live just north of Madison. I am glad she is on our side.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Kudos to all RP supporters...and anyone else...who has consistently emailed and bugged their congressmen to support this bill.

Kudos to those who co-sponsored as well....but then again....there is no reason not to!

If this makes it to the floor...there should be zero nay votes...i don't care what party it is.

Whomever votes no....we have to make sure they are out because that will obviously mean they do not have the American public's best interest at heart.

Did you see this video?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ImzadiDax

I am glad she is on our side.

I have been contacting her many times through her website, demanding to know why she hadn't sign on. I always got a message back that was specific enough to know that someone read it, and always promising me a "personal" response that never arrived.

I was very pleased to see her name on the list. the really exciting thing is that everyone (myself included) thought that this would have died (or been killed) right away, but it is thriving and the idea of it getting a vote and actually passing is no longer a pipe dream but a very real possibility.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Whomever votes no....we have to make sure they are out because that will obviously mean they do not have the American public's best interest at heart.

Agreed.

I have seen that video. Too bad Ron didn't have this kind of support at this time last year!

I am following this pretty closely with a sharp lookout for any attempt to torpedo this. The movement is becoming more cohesive. End the Fed is partnering up with ANWF (A New Way Foreward) combining efforts on common goals, and End the Fed will be outside all regional branches of the federal reserve protesting it's existence this saturday (04-25-09). That should get more people involved in making sure that their reps are co-sponsoring this opening blow to the fed

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I see none of mine...

COMMENCE OPERATION: Pester them until they support it
(Shouldn't be too hard, except for that one guy that took THREE MONTHS TO GIVE ME A PERSONAL REPLY
)

Otherwise, you can count on me trying my best.

Representatives in senate? I wrote to them, its them right?

[edit on 22-4-2009 by ShoopDaWhoop]

I edited again, because I have successfully emailed my representative, and congressmen.

[edit on 22-4-2009 by ShoopDaWhoop]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ShoopDaWhoop

Representatives in senate? I wrote to them, its them right?

NO.

It has recently been introduced to the senate, but it goes through the house (congress) first, thats where it is now.

Enter your zip code in "find your representative" at Congress.org They all have ways to contact them through the net or you can call the capitol switchboard at (202) 224-3121.

You can only contact your own rep which is based on what district you live in. Before Tammy did her job I just kept demanding that she explain why she hadn't co-sponsored. I also explained why I wanted her to and I was always polite. Now I know that I wasn't the only one and who knows why she really signed on, but I feel like I helped and that feels pretty good because I would really like to know where all that money has gone.

~Sure now I see your edit and I have to edit.

Good to see you wasted no time.

[edit on 4/22/2009 by AlienChaser]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Glad to see my Rep, Culberson on there. To his credit he did vote no on the bailouts from the beginning and that is why I voted him back in.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   

I have some tremendous news to report: as of 3:00 pm ET today, H.R. 1207 has 88 cosponsors! That is 33 new cosponsors this week!!

And, there are even more to come.

I have been up on Capitol Hill all week meeting with congressional staff, and the reception has been unbelievable. In additional to those who got on today, I have received several additional commitments from members to cosponsor the bill in the coming days. And, I have five more appointments tomorrow. Between our Hill lobbying, the work of Dr. Paul’s congressional staff and the work of all of the tremendous grassroots activists in our movement, we are making progress unthinkable a few years ago.

CampaignForLiberty
Granted this is a blog, but it is a blog from Ron Pauls official website, and the poster is reporting that he is there and in contact. I decided to post it because I have also been notified by e-mail from the End the Fed network. They reported 79 co-sponsors as of 1:00pm this afternoon.

This is very exciting! This bill is absolutley EXPLODING and with each new sponsor comes a bigger chance of it passing.

I am starting to contact my senators now, to try and drum up some interest in the hopes that this will pass the house.

I will post the new names as I get them, I will try to keep them seperate from the OP so it will be easier for those who might be following this to check if their own reps have signed on.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
More Good News!!

Ron Paul’s bill to audit the Federal Reserve (HR 1207) now has 91 co-sponsors, and the numbers keep growing!

This is history in the making, and victory is within reach. Imagine what will happen if HR 1207, The Federal Reserve Transparency Act, comes up for vote in Congress! With more than 20% of Congress already co-sponsoring this bill, it has real potential to pass — BUT only if we educate and rally the people to support it and get our Congresspeople to put it to vote and pass it.

RonPaul.com

Instead of hunting for and posting new co-sponsors in clusters, I have found a very easy way to check for yourself.

Go here EZ Find
All you have to do is enter your zip code and click continue. You will instantly be told who your rep is and if they have signed, as well as links to contact them.

Here's to Busting the bankers

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienChaser

Only this video can describe my joy.

www.youtube.com...

YES.

I hope it keeps gaining support...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
A word from Ron on the progress.

Here is the email that my rep Tammy Baldwin sent me after numerous messages from me and after she had finally co-sponsored.

Copied and pasted from the actual email

April 27, 2009

~AlienChaser~
~In a house, On a street~

Madison, Wisconsin 53715

Dear Friend:

Thank you for contacting me about the Federal Reserve Transparency Act, H.R. 1207. It is good to hear from you and I apologize for the delay in my response.

As you are likely aware, the Federal Reserve, the nation's central bank, was established by the Federal Reserve Act in 1913. It was mandated to promote stable economic growth and low and stable price inflation. Currently, the Federal Reserve's primary duty is the execution of monetary policy through open market operations, which are carried out through the purchase and sale of U.S. Treasury securities in the secondary market to alter the reserves of the banking system. This activity influences short-term interest rates and credit conditions. Additionally, the Federal Reserve regulates financial institutions, issues paper currency, clears checks, collects economic data, and conducts economic research.

I share your concern about a lack of transparency in the Federal Reserve's operations. Generally, the U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) is responsible for auditing federal agencies. However, GAO is limited in its ability to audit the Federal Reserve. In fact, while the Federal Reserve has many of the privileges of government agencies, it also retains benefits of private organizations, such as being insulated from Freedom of Information Act requests and GAO oversight.

You will be pleased to know that I am a cosponsor of the Federal Reserve Transparency Act, which would eliminate restrictions on GAO audits of the Federal Reserve and open its operations to enhanced scrutiny. By opening all Federal Reserve operations to a GAO audit and calling for such an audit to be completed by the end of 2010, the Federal Reserve Transparency Act would achieve much-needed transparency of the Federal Reserve.

The Federal Reserve Transparency Act has been referred to the House Committee on Financial Services, of which I am not a member. Rest assured that I will keep your thoughts in mind in case this or related matters come before me in the House of Representatives.

Again, thank you for sharing your views. Your opinion matters to me. If I can be of service to you in any other way, please do not hesitate to let me know. As a security precaution, all mail sent to Congress is first irradiated. This process causes significant delays. To ensure the fastest response, I encourage all constituents who have access to the internet to contact me through my website at tammybaldwin.house.gov....

Sincerely,

Tammy Baldwin
Member of Congress

Edit: Sorry girls, I had to remove my real name/address

[edit on 4/27/2009 by AlienChaser]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Latest Update

For those playing along from home

Ron Paul’s Bill To Audit The Federal Reserve Now Has 112 Co-Sponsors
RonPaul.com

I will still update from time to time for anyone who still checks or those who get their news only from the MSM or from ATS at least you will hear about it on ATS

Anyway keep pushing your reps, this is in committee now and is almost sure to get a vote. I believe it would pass the house if it voted today, but the senate does not seem as enthusiastic so they will need some prodding as well.

We must not let MSM manufactured distractions such as swine flu hysteria sidetrack the effort to expose the fraud that has been and most recently enslaved us to decades of debt paying back the bailout provided to those who created the problem in the first place.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
HR 1207 now has 124 Co-Sponsors
Ron Paul.com

The reason this update follows the last so quickly is because with the real possibility of this passing, it is getting some time on the floor. and has a gotten the attention of the fed.

Whitness Bernanke dancing with Ron.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Update!

HR 1207 now has 143 Co-sponsors
RonPaul.com

The reason this is important?
There are 435 representatives in congress.
A passing vote is 218 votes for.

This means that if we can achieve 218 Co-Sponsors the bill will not even need to be introduced to the floor for a vote. The bill is currently in committee and at this pace it may have the required votes to pass by co-sponsors alone!!

73 co-sponsors away from a pass, and those votes are likely there already from representatives who will vote yes but have decided not to co-sponsor. Time to start leaning on your senators.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Alienchaser, this is one of the most important threads on ATS at the moment, in my humble opinion. Thanks for posting it. I'll be watching with interest for any updates you might have. In the meantime, I'll be listening to alternative media for progress that Dr. Paul is making.

I don't hold out much hope that the FED would be audited though. I fear that somehow his efforts will almost certainly be blocked, because an audit of the FED would reveal the horrors that lie there. It would completely expose the banksters for what they really are... the greatest thieves in the history of mankind. It would shock the entire world when it exposed the Rothschild cabal for what they are... the darkest and most evil, greedy cancer that has ever beset humanity.

If Dr. Paul's initiative gets derailed, and I'm almost certain it will, and if the American people have any hopes of surviving at all, they will have little other option than to take the FED by force. In a nutshell, the dark lords are offering no other course of action. It is in atmospheres like this where military coups occur. I can't believe I'm saying that, but it's the dark, stark truth. America has come to that dark and dangerous brink.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Albertarocks

If Dr. Paul's initiative gets derailed, and I'm almost certain it will

I am less afraid of derailment and more afraid of amendment. From the talk I have seen on c-span and various youtube clips (even the one above) it seems that the FED is very aware and alert to the possibility that this will pass congress. They have lobbies trying to downplay support in the senate (which is why it is important that the people don't let the fire die out on this) and what I am afraid of is that if it passes the house as it appears it will. Then one of their tools in the senate will amend the bill to make sure there will still be secrets.

As it is written the bill is extremely simple and straight forward. Below is the full test of the entire bill

A BILL

To amend title 31, United States Code, to reform the manner in which the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System is audited by the Comptroller General of the United States and the manner in which such audits are reported, and for other purposes.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This Act may be cited as the ‘Federal Reserve Transparency Act of 2009’.

SEC. 2. AUDIT REFORM AND TRANSPARENCY FOR THE BOARD OF GOVERNORS OF THE FEDERAL RESERVE SYSTEM.

(a) In General- Subsection (b) of section 714 of title 31, United States Code, is amended by striking all after ‘shall audit an agency’ and inserting a period.

(b) Audit- Section 714 of title 31, United States Code, is amended by adding at the end the following new subsection:

‘(e) Audit and Report of the Federal Reserve System-

‘(1) IN GENERAL- The audit of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System and the Federal reserve banks under subsection (b) shall be completed before the end of 2010.

‘(2) REPORT-

‘(A) REQUIRED- A report on the audit referred to in paragraph (1) shall be submitted by the Comptroller General to the Congress before the end of the 90-day period beginning on the date on which such audit is completed and made available to the Speaker of the House, the majority and minority leaders of the House of Representatives, the majority and minority leaders of the Senate, the Chairman and Ranking Member of the committee and each subcommittee of jurisdiction in the House of Representatives and the Senate, and any other Member of Congress who requests it.

‘(B) CONTENTS- The report under subparagraph (A) shall include a detailed description of the findings and conclusion of the Comptroller General with respect to the audit that is the subject of the report, together with such recommendations for legislative or administrative action as the Comptroller General may determine to be appropriate.’.

GovTrack.us

Simple and straightforward which is very rare in the convoluted corporation that poses as government in todays America.

The FED is announcing all of a sudden that they agree and want to be more transparent BUT they want to do it their way on their terms. They are willing to concede the appearance of transparency in an effort to passify the people. But at the same time they are deceptivly unwilling to disclose all the secrets.

It's like saying OK you can peek behind the curtain but you can only look at the parts we show you. The part they are willing to be transparent about is not the part that I want to see. I WANT TO SEE WHAT THEY ARE HIDING.

P.S. 147 co-sponsors 69 to go

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I would bet my soon to be worthless money that the Federal Reserve does not let this come to pass in it's original form. That is to say if it does pass it will be an impotent version.

It is a shame more people in our Federal Government do not have the moral and intellectual aptitude with the cajones to back it up like Ron Paul does.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Well, i went and took a look and the bill does look like its getting more and more support lately. provided that it makes it out of the sub-committee, i think there just may be enough support to push it through, imagine that!!

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by BrainPower

Let us hope for the best. I would imagine it will be much harder to get this through the Senate. The Senate seems to take corruption to another level than the House does.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join