It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waking up trying to yell

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Just a question. This happened long ago a bunch of times. I would wake-up, try to scream, I mean, SCREAM, and nothing would come out. What does this mean, if anything?

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Sleep paralysis.

Happens quite often to alot of people.

A simple google search should give you all the answers you require.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Nah man, it's not sleep paralysis!! Theres demons IN YOUR HEAD!!

Call the local exorcist. Yes he accepts VISA

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Ha ! Thanks guys, thats what I thought too ;-)

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mostlyspoons
Nah man, it's not sleep paralysis!! Theres demons IN YOUR HEAD!!

Call the local exorcist. Yes he accepts VISA

Well, actually those "demons" are really alien psychics.. and the exorcist can't help with stuff like that, and I don't even think he takes Visa.

Hey, I should know.. I've had some kind of alien psychic something up in my head for like 4 years now, all day and all night non-stop.

You could imagine my head feels like it's gonna implode..

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Yep,sleep paralysis.
Last time it happened to me i was scared as hell

I was in a hotel room and i woke up in the morning with a small humanoid shadow behind some transparent curtains next to the window.
I tried to stand up and scream.
I couldn't move at all.
I heard me screaming but no sound.
It last almost 2 minutes with the shadow fading away slowly.
I thought i was going to die.
My heart almost jumped out of my chest.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I have this happen quite a bit from time to time.

It most often occurs when I go to be overtired.

There are many different stages of sleep and one of them is so deep you are litterally close to death and in some cases may have actually stopped breathing.

When this occurs you often will dream of something horrifying that will make you want to wake up from the dream.

Screaming, kicking, flailing in your dreams in an attempt to wake up your conscious mind often occurs. Often your conscious mind will awake but your body will not and this only increases the terror and panic.

Frequently I will actually dream I have woken up until I realize I don't have a clock on that wall, or a chair in that corner and then I will start the whole process of trying to awake myself again.

Usually when I do wake up even though in my mind I am flailing and screaming, it will be just raising my head as if out of a normal peaceful slumber absent of all the dramatics that were racing through my mind a split second before.

If you fall into a pattern of this over the counter sleep aides can help. They will put you into a lighter state of sleep that is not as restorative but has far less Rapid Eye Movement dreaming involved in it.

Hope this helps you some.

top topics

join