It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion brainwashed into young child.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Now this kid is doing what he was taught.

The kid has no idea of right and wrong ..or good or bad..

He is doing what he see's every sunday.

Yes it's cute.
But it is brainwashing this kid.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Star and Flag.

I know what it's like to be brainwashed. From a very young age my Grandmother tried to get the holy spirit up my [insert word of choice here] (She hasn't stopped trying - Im afraid if I tell her how I feel about religion, she'll have a heart attack or something)

Disgusting. Personally, I feel that children should be allowed to be raised WITHOUT RELIGION, and then they can study religions and choose whether they want to be a part of them or not.

Oh and... to those brainwashers like my Grandma...

It's not cool. Stop forcing beliefs onto malleable minds.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
The funny thing is that most religious people point out their own flaw without even realizing it. They say things like "that's what I was raised to believe."

If you don't see the irony in that, you're one of the brainwashed.

edit - grammar

[edit on 4/22/2009 by Curious_Agnostic]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Look at the BRAINWASHED

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

I attended a Kingdom Hall for a time and saw something similar. Young children who would stand up and recite scripture while not being old enough to understand what it meant.

The kids I saw doing this were at least out of diapers though!

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Everyone put on a Visual helmet, picture a tall fit man, brown hair brown eyes, suit on, ok now picture this guy watching this video, HERES the good part, picture him throwing up!

Yeah, thats how it is.

It's sickening it truly is, I mean this is an extreme case albeit, but i've questioned christians who like the other guy said, they believe it because that's what they were raised to believe, and if they had been raised by muslim parents, they too would most likely be extreme muslims.

So this means, they subconciously don't believe it, but conciously they will definately acknowledge they believe it, mass interference!

The reason to get them young is simple, imagine a mass conspiracy among parents, were they conspire to not tell any of their children that santa clause does not exist. Now the kids grow up, and the parents keep the charade, I need not tell you the rest of what would happen, some kids would grow till old age and death, still everly so believing that santa claus was real, then passing it down and down, till it was a world known fact, that there is without a doubt, a Santa Claus.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

Just because you do not agree with religion doesn't mean that it is brainwashing. I don’t run around saying that Atheist are trying to brainwash children by doing their best to take God out of everything. The truth is neither side knows for sure what happens. It is all in what are beliefs are. For the record I was never forced to go to church as a child and didn’t start going until I 12 or 13.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
The brainwashed I was referring to were the posters above me, if my first post was confusing...

But I feel bad for those kids. Morality is a good thing, and if the vehicle for your lessons in morality as a youngster is religion, and it works, then whats wrong with that? Nothing.

However if you have the kid reciting scripture like a parrot when they don't even know what the heck they're saying, that looks like the effects of child abuse to me. Wait til theyre 10, and if theyre somehow immune to the effects of MSM and public school brainwashing by then, they might decide to study scripture on their own.

Will Ferrel getting a toddler to drop the f-bomb and say other offensive things on camera is better?

LINK

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mostlyspoons

Funny as hell but not better.
I agree that there is no need to ever brow beat religion into anyone, especially if thy aren't old enough to understand what you are telling them. As far as the toddler goes he’s just repeating what his parents are saying to make them happy.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mostlyspoons
Morality is a good thing, and if the vehicle for your lessons in morality as a youngster is religion, and it works, then whats wrong with that?

I think that Republican08's comment answers that when he talks about extremists. Religion and war go pretty good together.

To Ant4AU:
I actually believe that athiests are also capable of brainwashing.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I was forced to go to church every Sunday from the first Sunday after I was born until I moved out of the house when I was 19. I have never been to a church since. I did not believe in god and was an atheist by age 8. I always thought that it should be illegal to force such conformist beliefs on children.

It's hard to say how I would feel if I weren't forced to go to church all my life but sometimes I feel a little intolerant of religious folk. But its hard not to be when you understand that they look at us non believers in pity as if we are immoral fools who are lost without god and need their guidance and god in order to make our lives better. Talking to strict theists is very frustrating.

I must admit now that I consider myself a deist but I feel that religion and church is a distraction/substitution for true spiritual enlightenment and understanding.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Curious_Agnostic

Anybody with the means and an agenda are capable of brainwashing. Non-believers, believers, complete nut jobs.

reply to post by Canis Lupus

It’s been a few years since I have been in a church other than weddings, but I am a believer that believes that a lot of churches have lost sight of sharing the word and have seen the money to be made. If you read the scriptures you are told not to brow beat religion all we can do is talk about it if you don’t want to hear that is fine. The extremist of any belief gives the entire belief a bad name. I only wish more believers would see that.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mostlyspoons
The brainwashed I was referring to were the posters above me, if my first post was confusing...

I should have asked you on my last post, but what do you mean about the posters above you being brainwashed? An explanation would be appreciated.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Canis Lupus

A sad tale to be sure, when the young must endure the mistakes of their parents. But do not blame them, or their religion, blame human ignorance.

Your intolerance for religious folk, I believe, is a defensive reaction to a percieved source of oppression and unfairness in your life. This is magnified to emotional severity due to the parental identity of those responsible.

However, TRUE christians would not misjudge nor take pity on you based on any belief you may have. While they might believe you to be lost as you said without God, a true follower of Christ has empathy for all, and should respect your choice to belive what you will. Strict theists usually have a flawed understanding of the religion, as do most. If you believe the devil is a red dude with a mustache, horns and pointy tail, or if you believe that you go to heaven or hell when you die, you have a flawed understanding of the bible. This flaw has been engineered in the collective mind after countless political and religious leaders have altered and perverted the intended meanings over the past 2000+ years

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Curious_Agnostic

Well the way the word was just being thrown around... I wanted a go? Just to raise an eyebrow or two, stir up the pot, you know? I didnt mean it seriously. My second post to clarify that one was because of the lack of reaction to my first post lol. Don't take anything I say too seriously, I don't take most things very seriously.

Truth is I wouldnt completely agree that this kid is brainwashed, but mostly my qualms are just do to semantics. Brainwashing is typically covert to the one being brainwashed, I'd call this "early indoctrination" really, which can be just as damaging and dangerous.

I'd wager those who operate under the belief that christianity as a whole is bad, or who assume the removal of religion will solve wars and hunger etc. have simply jumped on the giant bus. It is like the goth/emo scene, in an attempt to seperate from conformity and be "non-conformist" they have simply adopted a new standard of conformity. I often find strict atheists are near impossible to reason with or at least meet halfway on religious issues.

There are bad religions, that undermine and thwart human happiness and truth, that were created for the sole purpose of enslavement and death. Christianity is not one of these. However there are those who use it for those ends.

edit: sorry for my x2 post

[edit on 22-4-2009 by mostlyspoons]

[edit on 22-4-2009 by mostlyspoons]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by mostlyspoons

Well the way the word was just being thrown around... I wanted a go? Just to raise an eyebrow or two, stir up the pot, you know? I didnt mean it seriously. My second post to clarify that one was because of the lack of reaction to my first post lol. Don't take anything I say too seriously, I don't take most things very seriously.

So you merely posted to derail the thread gotcha.

You wanted to make a mockery of me and other's that agree it's one form of brain washing children. Gotcha

NVM isn't worth any more said.

[edit on 23-4-2009 by TheAmused]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
If the parents go to church what would you have them do with their children? Babysitters and daycare cost money that some don't have.

So the kid is reciting scripture or singing, I equate peoples belief to that of homosexuality. I may not agree with all of it, but is it hurting me?

As long as it isn't being forced down your throat then you shouldn't have a problem with it.

To each their own. As long as the child is not physically or mentally abused then they have every right to raise him/her as they see fit and it really isn't any of our buisness.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
That's bananas.! I'ts okay to laugh @ this, no?
WTF? He's like 2!!

I'm not even gonna touch the brainwashing/religion conv.
Me no like.

Ndohhh!

What a spaZ! He's like a little Himmler on Red Bull....

I coudda sworn the narration was in German 2.

Nahhh...

but that's scary.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I love these "religion brainwashes" threads, you really have to laugh when within a short while they are replete with people bringing their "horror" stories of how they were made to go to church as children.

What's always missing is the intense psychological deprogramming you had to endure to break free from this emotional and spiritual shackling imposed upon you by the process of brain washing. What? You didn't have to go through that? You reached an age and decided for yourself it wasn't for you? You told your family and they didn't kidnap you with a black bag over your head and hypnotise you to ensure you didn't get away?

If Christians brain wash people they need to go to a Brainwashing 101 class because, as can clearly be seen here and in culture in general, they're evidently not very good at it.

Cute kid, people smiling, parents happy because it's their thing. Don't forget to post some baseball brainwashing video as parents put a mitt on a child's hand and dress them in their team's romper suit.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Supercertari

OK, it's just really bad brainwashing - still mixed in with total disregard for children having a choice in the matter.

To this day im still trying to get away from catholicism, I have had too many bad experiences with churches and their priests, the religion itself, and how sheep-like everyone is at mass just disturbs me... It allows churches to have their own agenda, and have no problem influencing people. It's like putting a quarter in a vending machine.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join