It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why doesn't God heal amputees?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gawdzilla
Interesting interpretation of the facts, I must say. I simply have been pointing out what the real world accepts as reality.

"accepts"- that is the problem. I don't just accept anything, and to accept such things because the bulk of the world may believe it is silly. People accept rather than think for themselves, and that is not something that is exactly "side specific".

And does the sentence "real world accepts as reality" not draw out obvious flags? How does it become the "real" world if they just accepted it. How do they know it is the "real" world. They don't. They have only accepted it, and I guess you have as well since you call it the "real" world.

This is how dogma works. Authority tells the people what to believe, and the people accept it. And of course, ridicule anyone who doesn't go along as not being in the "real world", or as being in "lala land" with their "imaginary friends" or whatever. Status quo, and Sheep herding.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

I think you're afraid of the real world. That's why you are so concerned about it. Religion is a refuge from reality.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Gawdzilla

...and while I appreciate whatever type of belief system you may have, I think you are here for a fight and nothing more. At least that is what you are showing us now

-Kyo

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by KyoZero

...and while I appreciate whatever type of belief system you may have, I think you are here for a fight and nothing more. At least that is what you are showing us now

-Kyo

I'm blunt. I don't pussy-foot around. Some people find that frightening and go on the defensive. I would say I'm sorry about that, but I'm not so it would be dishonest. Reality is not fur-lined and sugar coated.

And I would happily walk away from this "fight" if I though religions didn't bear watching. But I don't trust religious people, they have an agenda from God, and I've seen the damage that can do to the world.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

yes, and how many have died untill we found something to repair it? God is instant, now after all these years we may have found alternatives, but an alternative is nothing opposite the wonderous God.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by KyoZero

-Kyo

I'm blunt. I don't pussy-foot around. Some people find that frightening and go on the defensive. I would say I'm sorry about that, but I'm not so it would be dishonest. Reality is not fur-lined and sugar coated.

And I would happily walk away from this "fight" if I though religions didn't bear watching. But I don't trust religious people, they have an agenda from God, and I've seen the damage that can do to the world.

Yes but the simple fact is...you aren't showing reality, you are showing us what you believe is reality.

"Religion is a refuge from reality."

Again...this is your reality. Doesn't make it true. I tell Christians the same thing and the same thing applies to me as well as a Pagan. It's so so so so SO painfully easy. Bad cannot prove to us concretely that God exists and you can't prove he doesn't exist.

You talk about an idea too silly to live...

God doesn't heal amputees...therefore he doesn't exist...way to jump straight to assumption. The reality is that you think he is fearful and thus turns to God. His reality is different. My reality is that none of us have the real answers. I feel this to be true seeing as not a single one of us has ever proven these things we speak.

-Kyo

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

Still a fail, I'm afraid. "God" has the power to heal amputees, according to dogma. He should heal amputees that pray sincerely and are worthy. He doesn't heal them, NEVER EVER. So, either NOT ONE SINGLE person is sincere and worthy, or he doesn't exist.

Blather about "great missions" or "it's a mystery" will follow.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

yes but you see...I am not going to go towards mystery. The fact is that while I am not an Athiest, I also don't believe that God is what Christians think he is.

You have done nothing more than oversimplify the equation. This isn't math and it isn't science. You seem an intelligent individual so let me approach this in another direction. (trust me I know it's futile because I won't change your mind and you won't change mine, but thus is the entertainment of debate)

Algebra...

You seem to be looking at this from an mathematical standpoint.

If you've ever taken algebra, you've seen extremely basic equations such as

x-2=3

You know that there is but one answer to this...To be a viable equation there can only be one answer. To say that x could equal 7 is foolish because we can test it.

So...let's look at your charge.

God does not heal amputees therefore he does not exist.

On the surface this looks fine but you have made this equation have only two possible answers.

It's either true or it is false. Clearly you believe it is true and that is fine.

So how do we test this?

You have stated that at no time in history has God brought a limb back. I happen to agree. So far your equation holds up...BUT only by your possible solutions (true or false)

How about not blinding yourself to other possibilities.

Solution 1 - God doesn't exist because he has never healed an amputee

Solution 2 - God exists despite the fact that he has never healed an amputee and because of this he is vengeful and doesn't deserve worship

That's fine because they are both possibilities.

Let me throw another in there

Solution 3 - God does exist but doesn't heal because these are hardships we all face. (so now one might say 'well he heale my sister's cancer) I say...perhaps God has never healed a thing outside of the bible's stories. Perhaps God started the world and let it go to see what would happen

This equation you've built is too limited and it was limited by you to fulfill your own prophecy. Sounds awful familiar btw...

Now for my charge

Medicine has never given an original limb back therefore medicine doesn't exist

-Kyo

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
couse "he gived these disabilities to people he knows they are strong enough to live with them",that afcourse for me its..stupid and sick

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I think you're afraid of the real world. That's why you are so concerned about it. Religion is a refuge from reality.

I'm sorry, but exactly what in this "real world" you think I don't live in am I supposed to be scared about?

Death? If nothing happens after I die, then I will not be conscious or aware of it. So there is nothing to be scared of there. If anything, I would think it would be more comforting to just believe that, rather than face the possibility that one may have to answer to the things they did in life.

If we take what people say is possible and rank them, just no longer existing is definitely a step above some kind of punishment.

Not sure exactly what there is to fear.

And the day I join a religion, I'll be sure to let you know.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stillalive
couse "he gived these disabilities to people he knows they are strong enough to live with them",that afcourse for me its..stupid and sick

Matter of perception isn't it? If you look at things in terms of that person is only ever going to experience that, then it's over. Then it kind of is. But if people actually do live eternally, then not so much. As you will have gained something from the experience that would make you stronger as a result. Like having to carry a bunch of weights around kind of sucks, but when you take those weights off, you will be stronger. Probably wouldn't realize that if you thought that those weights would always be attached.

Doesn't mean I'm going to go all Moral Orel and start handicapping people to make them stronger though.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

If you weren't afraid of the real world, and the possibility that you won't exist any more, you wouldn't need an imaginary friend who promises you that you will, in deed, exist forever. Try not being afraid of the dark.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stillalive

It's a massive rationalization. "Well, we have these tribulations in this world so we'll appreciate Heaven more." Or some such nonsense.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by KyoZero

"Medicine has never given an original limb back therefore medicine doesn't exist "

Does medicine promise miracles? "Serious medicine", not "Scrubs". No, it promises to try the best it can. Religion and Blue Cross, both "insurance", but only one comes through on its promises.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

reply to post by KyoZero

"Medicine has never given an original limb back therefore medicine doesn't exist "

Does medicine promise miracles? "Serious medicine", not "Scrubs". No, it promises to try the best it can. Religion and Blue Cross, both "insurance", but only one comes through on its promises.

If god doesn't exist, then exactly how can you say he promises anything?

If god promised something, then god must exist.

Which goes to show, you are going off what people said about god, because god couldn't have promised you something, and then not exist at the same time. Otherwise, you would be admitting that god exists.

And then if we are going to do that, then we can find many people who promise miracles with medicine, and we can focus on them and call them the real world. But that would be pretty ignorant of us, and wouldn't be a reflection of the truth. So why is it ok for you to do it in reverse?

[edit on 7-5-2009 by badmedia]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmediaIf god doesn't exist, then exactly how can you say he promises anything?

If god promised something, then god must exist.

Which goes to show, you are going off what people said about god, because god couldn't have promised you something, and then not exist at the same time. Otherwise, you would be admitting that god exists.

And then if we are going to do that, then we can find many people who promise miracles with medicine, and we can focus on them and call them the real world. But that would be pretty ignorant of us, and wouldn't be a reflection of the truth. So why is it ok for you to do it in reverse?
[edit on 7-5-2009 by badmedia]

Going slowly, very slowly.

Religions promise that god will do things for you if you just worship him/her/it. So, are your religious leaders speaking for god?

But you have a point, "god" promises nothing, because "god" isn't there.

"many people who promise miracles with medicine"? Many people? Many? Miracles? Really? I don't think so?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Going slowly, very slowly.

Religions promise that god will do things for you if you just worship him/her/it. So, are your religious leaders speaking for god?

EXACTLY. So then, at best all you can say is - what people say about god is true or false.

I don't belong to a religion, and the answer is no. I'm so sick of people who are too blind to see past these dumb assumptions. Just because someone speaks about god and things, doesn't mean they belong to some religion, or that any religious person is their leader, or that everything someone in that religion or otherwise says is a reflection of their own beliefs.

It's called individuality, rather than looking at people in terms of group. And treating people in this manner is disrespectful, rude and I'd rather be spit on.

But no, when debating with you, everything has to be put into these groups and then dismissed on whichever points you want to assign to them.

Get a clue.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Organized or disorganized, moots not to me. The fact that you think a supernatural being had something to do with the way things run is what interests me.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
why do you guys even bother with this person? it's clear they are already close off.

They cannot disprove God, but yet they say the same thing over. it's like a robot programmed to deny christainty.

I think this person is so scared of Gods existence that he vents by attacking it in a childish way from what i see from his post.

not worth arguing him.

peace.

[edit on 7-5-2009 by JesusisTruth]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
33rd Degree Cabalist: The Super Secret Atheist Cabal to Rule the World and Destroy Religion, Family Values, The American Way of Life and Other Stuff We haven't Thought of Yet. Ltd.
"When in doubt, the default position should be DOUBT."
"Sunday's horoscope is note worthy because of its strange, sudden and wholly unpredictable and inexplicable occurrences, affecting all phases of life." Your Horoscope" L.A. Evening Hera

do you agree with 33rd degree masons on this Gawdzila?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join