It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why doesn't God heal amputees?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmediaWhere do you get this obvious conclusion? The best "conclusion" you could even come from the statement from the start is just that god doesn't heal amputees, OR that just because someone says something of or about god, it doesn't mean it is true.

Beyond that you are only making assumptions and using ridicule as if you were in highschool towards anyone who says other with little things like "sky fairy".

Basically, you are a waste of time until you can be honest in your arguments.

The whole god thing is an obvious failure when you wake up from the spell of religion. God doesn't answer prayers, he doesn't prevent disasters, he doesn't do anything for us. IF he's there, what use is he? None. I didn't think I'd have to spell that out, but then again . . .

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gawdzilla
The whole god thing is an obvious failure when you wake up from the spell of religion. God doesn't answer prayers, he doesn't prevent disasters, he doesn't do anything for us. IF he's there, what use is he? None. I didn't think I'd have to spell that out, but then again . . .

More assumptions on your part. I'm not a christian, I didn't just accept the things the bible says, and I regularly point out the hypocrisy and stupidity of religion.

The only thing anyone can really consider is if what people say about god is true or not.

If you can't see how using what someone says as a way of "debunking" something is flawed, then what is the point?

Your entire point of view is basically built on a premise that anything which is not included in your tiny little perspective on the universe, or is not proven to you then it is by default "not there, impossible". And that is an extremely narrow point of view, just as someone who thinks the only truth comes from some book has an extremely narrow point of view.

There is pretty much only 1 religion I consider more ignorant than Christianity, it's atheism. Atleast be honest about things and say "I just don't know one way or another" and become agnostic, which is a big step above Christianity IMO. Otherwise you are just running away from it and lying to yourself.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by badmedia]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

"I'm not a christian, I didn't just accept the things the bible says, and I regularly point out the hypocrisy and stupidity of religion. "

Doesn't matter what religion you cling to, if you've surrendered yourself to the woo, you're doing retrograde evolution. Not a good idea.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

"I'm not a christian, I didn't just accept the things the bible says, and I regularly point out the hypocrisy and stupidity of religion. "

Doesn't matter what religion you cling to, if you've surrendered yourself to the woo, you're doing retrograde evolution. Not a good idea.

Are you having a contest with the church to see who can spew out the most dogma and hypocrisy? I don't think I got that memo.

Seriously, if you want to claim somekind of intellectual superiority and pass yourself as "more evolved", you are going to have to do better than give me dogma.

You sound no different than someone telling me I'm going to hell if I don't "accept Jesus into my heart". Same low level of thinking.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by badmediaAre you having a contest with the church to see who can spew out the most dogma and hypocrisy? I don't think I got that memo.

Seriously, if you want to claim somekind of intellectual superiority and pass yourself as "more evolved", you are going to have to do better than give me dogma.

You sound no different than someone telling me I'm going to hell if I don't "accept Jesus into my heart". Same low level of thinking.

The church wins every hypocrisy contest they get into, so that's not fair. If you don't like what I have to say, feel free to flee. Humanity has been saddled with religion for far too long, and expunging it is an important step in moving towards a civilization.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Gawdzilla

Yeah well give me a call when you are actually different. All I see from you is a different brand of dogma and as far as I'm concerned both sides are ignorant.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by badmedia

Yeah well give me a call when you are actually different. All I see from you is a different brand of dogma and as far as I'm concerned both sides are ignorant.

If all things were equal, I would agree with you. But they're not equal. Refuting lies of the creationists is important. And pointing out the obvious fallacies of the religions will, hopefully, help some people to realize they've been lied to their entire lives. If you can't see the difference there I'm unconcerned, you're just a human being after all.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   

If all things were equal, I would agree with you. But they're not equal. Refuting lies of the creationists is important. And pointing out the obvious fallacies of the religions will, hopefully, help some people to realize they've been lied to their entire lives. If you can't see the difference there I'm unconcerned, you're just a human being after all.

But what do you replace that lie with? Just another lie. And that makes you no better than anyone else.

I find it odd that you say "you're just a human being after all", and yet at the same time you exalt a human as to being enough to say there is no god. Our perspective on the just what we can see in the universe is extremely tiny, and even then there is the huge scale of time of the universe, vs your few years in "existance". And from this extremely tiny perspective you suggest that anything which hasn't come across that perspective is false, and that is just another lie and equally ignorant of those who blindly believe in something because a book says it.

There is no real difference between the 2. Lets take 2 people, and we will use math because it has understanding.

Man A says - 1+8=104!
Man B says - 1+93=104!

Both men can easily point out where the other is wrong, but in truth neither is right. But there is a different between a man who can add, and either Man A or B who can not, and is just acting on dogma, or what they have accepted by whatever authority as being fact. As such, both sides of that argument above, are by default blind/ignorant to the truth, and neither of them actually understands how to add.

Enter Man C. Man C can actually add, and he will tell both of them they are wrong. He will know for himself, not because he accepted or preaches dogma, not because he has faith, and not because some authority says it is so. He will know 1+8=9, and he will know 1+93=94. And he will also know that any number of combinations can equal 104, and if a man comes along and says 94+10=104!, he will recognize the truth and understanding in that man. Because he actually understands.

And so you are no different than they are, and you use the same methods and things they do, dogma, ridicule and fear.

The world gives in the way you give, the father gives in understanding, wisdom and knowledge. My personal experiences are just that, my personal experiences. I understand what I have seen and experienced is not valid for you, nor should it be. Everyone should have their own vision. But you are never going to come to the father in dogma and lies, only by truth and honesty in seeking does that happen, and you only lie to yourself.

Like I said, let me know when you are different. Show me a higher level of thinking and a better way, not the same way.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Your friend is in a beautiful place and is whole again. He has all his toes and fingers and is happy to be with his heavenly Father and experience the true love, joy, and every tear will be wiped away.

Peace,
Grandma

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grandma

Your friend is in a beautiful place and is whole again. He has all his toes and fingers and is happy to be with his heavenly Father and experience the true love, joy, and every tear will be wiped away.

Peace,
Grandma

Actually, he was cremated and his ashes scattered at sea.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

You know what I mean! He doesn't have an earthly body anymore. You see, God healed his spirit not his body. That is why is was able to remain faithful to his Lord and God. Now, the Lord is faithful to your friend.

Peace,
Grandma

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grandma

You know what I mean! He doesn't have an earthly body anymore. You see, God healed his spirit not his body. That is why is was able to remain faithful to his Lord and God. Now, the Lord is faithful to your friend.

Peace,
Grandma

Purely an assumption on your part. No evidence to support that conclusion.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Your friend believed it. He felt the love and mercy of the Lord and kept faith in the promise of a beautiful afterlife with the heavenly Father and a renewed body.

True, I can't prove it to you but then again you can not prove it isn't as the Bible says or as Christians know in their heart and soul that it is true. As well as a very personal relationship with God daily. Your friend not only believed his life on this promise he was in fellowship with his God.

I am in a wheel chair for the rest of my life. The reason doesn't matter, that is the fact of it. But, I do not blame God for my bad leg. Bad things happen in this world. We were told that we would suffer just as Christ suffered, God helps me face the world each day and he has not healed my leg but he has healed my spirit. He has healed my mind, my heart, and my soul. I have a beautiful relationship with my God and feel his presence with me all the time,

God does not heal like Jesus did. Yes, we may pray for healing and the Lord hears our prayers, but we must remember to pray as Jesus taught us to pray, not my will but thy will be done He may not heal your body but he can heal your mind (so you won't be angry) he can heal your heart (so you will feel love, mercy and forgiveness) he can heal your soul (so it is filled with joy in the Lord and hope and great faith) these things he can heal for you if you let him, that is!

He is there waiting on you. Remember this world was not what God wanted for us, there was no pain or diseases in the Garden. Satan is the ruler of this world until Christ comes back. That is why it is so important that you have a personal relationship with God.

I know I can't prove it to you all I can do is tell you I have experienced a most beautiful relationship for the last 30 + years. If it is not real then I have been duped into something most wonderful and lovely. There is a song in my heart that only the angels know. I have been taken up so high and seen and told so many wonderful things, The Lord's spirit has come down upon me and covered me and we share so many things, if it is not real, well, I will still take it all over nothing, But, believe me it is very real, My Lord has my whole mind, heart, body, and soul. I do not regret a moment other then the 20 years I missed out on being one with God, we are a part of him, he created us and we all are a part of each other.

I hope you have a good day!

Peace to you,
Grandma

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Grandma

Sorry about your leg. Obviously I'm sorrier than God or Jesus, because they have the "power" to do something about it and don't.

Unless, of course, they're not really there.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

reply to post by Grandma

Sorry about your leg. Obviously I'm sorrier than God or Jesus, because they have the "power" to do something about it and don't.

Unless, of course, they're not really there.

Are you trying to suggest that always getting what you want is a sign of love, or what is best for you?

IMO, the true blessings of god aren't the prayers and things that get answered, it's the ones that don't get answered. If I look back at my life and think of if I had gotten everything I asked for, whew not pretty.

If you love something, you don't just give it everything it asks for, you give it what it needs.

Sorry, but you sound like a spoiled brat.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

"Are you trying to suggest that always getting what you want is a sign of love, or what is best for you?"

What makes you think I said that? My position on this is clearly stated in the thread.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

"Are you trying to suggest that always getting what you want is a sign of love, or what is best for you?"

What makes you think I said that? My position on this is clearly stated in the thread.

This?

"Obviously I'm sorrier than God or Jesus, because they have the "power" to do something about it and don't. "

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
If one should lose a limb in an accident, get to a modern hospital as soon as possible with the severed limb packed in ice, modern medical science can sometimes reattach the limb in an operation.

Just make sure you do it fast, don't pray to God and wait a few days to see if God will heal or replace the severed limb. By then it maybe too late.

When a limb is severed from the body for to long, the nerves will die off after a while which would make the limb unusable even after being reattached.

This would have been impossible in the past so I guess praying to God to heal an amputee was the next best thing then.

Waiting on faith for results instead of rushing to a hospital immediately after the lost of a limb in this modern age will greatly diminish an amputee's chance of ever regaining the use of the lost limb.

If one knows of a faith healer who is well known for healing amputees, then go for it. I would not advise such a course for everyone though, still it's one's choice.

[edit on 4-5-2009 by ixiy]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by badmediaThis?

"Obviously I'm sorrier than God or Jesus, because they have the "power" to do something about it and don't. "

Basically, but the point I make is that prayer does no good. If it did we'd have fewer amputees.

For those that the nonsensical claim that amputees deserve what they got, I ask you to tell me that's true in EVERY case. I'd love to hear you justify that claim.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Gawdzilla:

Hello to you!

I do not believe any amputee deserves to be that way. It happens, this is the world we live in. There is cancer, both my parents died because of cancer, why weren't they healed? Because God had a plan for their lives and his plan is a lot better then we could ever dream up.

I don't know why I had to have 7 surgeries on my leg and fight several staph infections and others I can't spell, only to lose the use of my leg. I still am not out of the woods. My wound has a small part that has not closed so infections are still part of my world as well as hospitals. I accept that this is my life. I can not change it but I can learn to live with it and appreciate the many blessings I have in my life. I can get around in my whee-chair. I can cook dinner for my family. I can take a walk with my grandchildren. My husband and I can still have a wonderful and happy life together. I can still be a mother to my son and daughter. I am so joyful for all the blessings the Lord has given me.

Do I have down days, sure I do, but something deep within my spirit begins to stir and reminds me how much my heavenly Father loves me and is watching over me and is even carrying me when it gets too hard for me to walk on my own.

I have never asked God to heal my leg. Yes, I do believe that he could but he doesn't do anything out of order. There is a order of things as plan if you will. Just as nature renews itself the Lord will renew us.

It is impossible for my leg to grow back the 4 inches of bone that was ate up be a staph infection and needed removed or I would lose my leg. My body can not grow back that 4 inches of bone. God works with sicence and according to sicence bone doesn't grow where infection is. This is the order of things. The way nature works.

Paul had an inflection his whole life and he asked Jesus to heal him and take it away, but Jesus told his that his grace was enough for him. I too have come to see no matter my plot that the grace of Christ is enough for me. His glory shines though my inflection. As it did with Paul. May his glory shine brightly throughout me that others may see him through my life.

Peace to you,
Grandma

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join