It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why doesn't God heal amputees?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
We're not in the time period for major physical healing, sorry.

In the future these will be healed en mass, but for now God can only help us cope emotionally and mentally with our missing appendages.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

"God is not so nice?

WTH. Love comes from God. That's pride talking. he put love into us. But since you don't understand God, you make judgements. Just like st paul said."

Hate comes from God as well. Ever hear of the Middle East? Actually, it would be more correct to say hate comes from men pretending that they know the mind of God. That BS has caused endless problems on this planet.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
We're not in the time period for major physical healing, sorry.

In the future these will be healed en mass, but for now God can only help us cope emotionally and mentally with our missing appendages.

That is utter nonsense. First, a "good Christian" looses a limb to gangrene and then God refuses to restore the limb because "We're not in the time period". That's just silly. You can only make excuses for "God" for so long.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Looks like someone watched religulous recently.
I just saw it yesterday and thought it was brilliantly done.

As for this thread...sorry but god is a manmade thought.
I just read a book called the history of god.It goes way back to show that the idea of god seems to keep popping up in politically tough times.What a coincidence.
God doesn't heal amputees because the god written about in religious books doesn't exist...its just a manmade idea to clutch on to as a scapegoat.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth

dammit mostlyspoons, great post.

That's exactly the point. where did you find understanding cause I don't see ANY of it here.

science deals with the real world - and in the real world, advances technological advances happen gradually

as for that. Science deals with destruction. Nuclear war will destroy this planet soon, and this is the real world I guess.

once again God has to intervene to stop the people from blowing themselves up.

oeace.

Yep...meanwhile God's people have killed and tortured millions in effort to bring about their religion to the forefront.

Maybe YOUR understanding isn't the right one for us. This is so plain and simple. Here is what I get from that statement

You do not believe in God and thus you are inferior in some way. Don't sit and tell us that science is killing us when religion is clearly not innocent

-Kyo

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Gawdzilla

I am very sorry for amputees, it must be very hard to live life that way. But God is not to blame here. We are creatures of free will and maybe bad decision making is to blame for becoming an amputee. Like not wearing a seat belt or driving and drinking. Either in a car or a motorbike if one is wreakless and makes bad decisions bad things will happen. This is not God's fault.

God is more concerned about one's spiritual health then their phycial health. He loves all of his children and does not want to lose any of them.

Paul prayed to Jesus all the time to heal his afliction , but Jesus never did. He told Paul that his grace was enough for him and that because of Paul's affliction Jesus' glory was stronger and shown through Paul in a great was.

We all have sufferings and pain in our lives. I will always be in a wheel chair for the reminder of my life. I have had 7 surgeries on my right leg and several infections ( the bad kind) and I almost died June '08, but praise God I didn't. I don't blame him for my problem and I have no anger because he did not "heal" my leg. He has given me so much strength and showered me with lots of love and mercies. I feel like the person in the poem Footprints In The Sand He has carried me many times through the last 14 years I have been ill.

Peter tells us in chapter 4:12-13
Dear friends, do not be surprised at the painful trail you are suffering, as though something strange were happening to you. But REJOICE that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed.'

Verse 19:
So then, those who suffer according to God's will should commit themselves to their faithful Creator and continue to do good.

I believe if we come to peace in our life and whatever happened to mess things up, God will give us grace and mercy beyound understanding. Like Paul we must learn to be content no matter what situition we find ourselves in. We are not in it alone,

I also want to add that is never a lack of faith that no one is healed. God does answer our prayers, but remember it is according to his WILL and not ours. He answers it the best way for his plan. All things work to good to those who believe in the Lord.

Try to see God with you and you go up to him and he puts his arm around you. Besides the love you will feel you will also see the pain in his eyes that life had made you an amputee.

Open your heart and let God in. He may not heal your body, but he will help your mind and soul to accept what has happened to you and the Holy Spirit will give you spiritual strength to endure what you must with joy.

May the bless you and keep you in his love and shower you with many mercies and give you understanding.

Peace and Love,
Grandma

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Grandma

"I am very sorry for amputees, it must be very hard to live life that way. But God is not to blame here. We are creatures of free will and maybe bad decision making is to blame for becoming an amputee. Like not wearing a seat belt or driving and drinking. Either in a car or a motorbike if one is wreakless and makes bad decisions bad things will happen. This is not God's fault."

A little kid is cut by a rust nail, develops gangrene and losses his leg.

A little girl get bitten by a snake, ditto.

A working mother get diabetes and looses her feet.

Blaming them are we? God is merciful, is he? Yeah, right. Get your head out of the sand, the light's better up here.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
You can't use, he wrote it, cause he didn't.

I did not say "he wrote" and intentionally so. Please review my post for clarification.

Some dude with voices in his head did.

To say "some dude" demonstrates a lack of understanding as to who has written the Bible. Some investigative study either in or about the Bible would clarify how it is not "some dude".

Secondly it was written decades after the death of Jesus, so the real witnesses never set hand on that piece of paper you all hold so dear.

Again, incorrect:

"We did not follow cleverly invented stories when we told you about the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but we were eyewitnesses of his majesty. For he received honor and glory from God the Father when the voice came to him from the Majestic Glory, saying, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased." We ourselves heard this voice that came from heaven when we were with him on the sacred mountain." - 1 Peter 1:16-17

I'm not hear to bash religion,

What on earth would give us the impression that you were trying to do that?

I'm simply stating that God as you people see it, isn't the nicest guy in the world, doesn't help as much as he says he does and is quite counter productive in his work.

Personally, I preach the gospel of I don't know, because I am not equipped to understand the concept of God, nor do I really have the need to understand my creator as that thought is simply far too complex to understand for any human.

Knowing is an excellent feeling and would encourage anyone/everyone to acquire knowledge. True we cannot know everything, but we can know this one thing.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Seems to me if god wanted to heal them, then they just wouldn't have had it happen in the first place.

What if it turned out that many more people would have been amputees otherwise? Never know.

Personally, I'm not real big on the miracles thing. Not to say it can't or doesn't happen, I don't know. Just that I'm not so sure of it all.

Like when Jesus heals the blind, I personally am not sure that means like Ray Charles could suddenly see. Instead, when it says he can cure the blind, I see it as meaning he can cure ignorance among a person so they can see the truth.

On the other hand, most of you(if not all) do not understand how this universe works at all. You think that all you "see" with your 2 eyes is all there is, and that's not really true. You are just 1 perspective among a number that is beyond our comprehension. Many more things are possible when you understand the true nature of the universe(quantum physics type stuff), and you get into other "existences", paths and so forth. Where as all we see only the reality where they aren't healed, "they" could easily be in a reality where they are healed. But that only means it's "possible", doesn't really prove anything. Not even sure that you can prove it.

But to use this topic as a way of saying "god doesn't exist" is pretty silly IMO. Even if the assumption is correct, it doesn't disprove god, it only disproves what people say about him. Like if someone said - watching football will cure cancer!! That football didn't cure the cancer doesn't mean that football doesn't exist.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by badmedia

"Seems to me if god wanted to heal them, then they just wouldn't have had it happen in the first place. "

Good point. What good is a god if he doesn't cover your back. So we have a good case for either a god who just doesn't give a damn, or a god who likes to see people suffer, or a god who just isn't there.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gawdzilla

So, if prayer works, why don't limbs grow back?

In this case it does appear prayer does not work...

In my relationship with Him it does...many answered prayers...

G, do you think all of us who pray are delusional man?

OT

PS: If He would do this, would you be a Christian then?>

If so, I am praying He does this and you see it...because He did present EXTRA evidence to Thomas...remember? OT thinks you have a great place in His Kingdom, will you let me know when He does it for you?

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

saint4God,

what happened to your avatar>???

I miss it...

Let me know, ok?

OT

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Grandma

Grandma,

Hey good lookin'!!!!

How are you?

Hope is well?

OT

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by KyoZero
Yep...meanwhile God's people have killed and tortured millions in effort to bring about their religion to the forefront.

Maybe YOUR understanding isn't the right one for us. This is so plain and simple. Here is what I get from that statement

You do not believe in God and thus you are inferior in some way. Don't sit and tell us that science is killing us when religion is clearly not innocent

-Kyo

Hey Kyo!!!!

No God's followers..."God's"

Have not does such terrible things....

Posers, maybe, who "used" the churches' political power back in the day to do bad things have...

Not true followers....for sure...pls remember He said..."love your enemies as yourself" OT doesn't believe everything he see on the internet of in a Brittanica Encyclopedia...

OT out!

[edit on 23-4-2009 by OldThinker]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun

Yeah me too...

The more, WV-ish, po-dunk, hillbilly truck drivers he can interview...the more the devil uses him....sorry.

Interview OT Bill...!!!!!!!!

You saw that didn't you?

OT

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

"G, do you think all of us who pray are delusional man? "

You pray to an imaginary being. What more can I say?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker

Originally posted by DrumsRfun

Yeah me too...

The more, WV-ish, po-dunk, hillbilly truck drivers he can interview...the more the devil uses him...sorry

The devil???
Just another scapegoat.
Talking snakes don't exist...sorry.
Humans can blame whoever they want...the reality is humans should start taking responsibility instead of blaming imaginary creatures like the devil and the pissed off man in the clouds.
Not trying to offend anybody...its just my opinion.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by OldThinker

"If so, I am praying He does this and you see it...because He did present EXTRA evidence to Thomas...remember? OT thinks you have a great place in His Kingdom, will you let me know when He does it for you?"

Or so Thomas claimed. (Or so some guy who was writing to make the church more popular so he wouldn't have to work for a living claimed Thomas claimed.) You don't believe everything you read in the Britanica, but you swallow the babble that pleases you hook, line and sinker. That's a nice take on you, isn't it?

You can think anything you want, Third Person, but that won't change things.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldThinker

saint4God,

what happened to your avatar>???

I miss it...

Let me know, ok?

ATS did some change and it's gone, but still on my profile. Not sure what the deal is, but I'll have to send word to AshleyD since she was the one who created it.

To the topic, I think the largest problem is the approach. It sounds implied that, "Hey God, if you grow my arm back, then I'll believe in you, then I can have eternal life" but actually the route is a little backwards as rather it would go that a person believes, then receives eternal life, then the real healing begins. Likely though, having a limb back for the next few years on this life as opposed to eternal life in heaven with nothing missing is not on the top 10 list of requests...or at least it shouldn't be. Rather selfish really considering the gift already given.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by saint4God]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

"To the topic, I think the largest problem is the approach. It sounds implied that, "Hey God, if you grow my arm back, then I'll believe in you, then I can have eternal life" but actually the route is a little backwards as rather it would go that a person believes, then receives eternal life, then the real healing begins. Likely though, having a limb back for the next few years on this life as opposed to eternal life in heaven with nothing missing is not on the top 10 list of requests...or at least it shouldn't be. Rather selfish really considering the gift already given.

People who believe pray to be whole again. Doesn't work. People who WOULD believe if they were whole again pray. Doesn't work.

And, please, how does an omnipotent, omniscient being not have time to answer a prayer from a child who just wants to walk again?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join