It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 ad on tv

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
OK, i'm probably really tired and this is probably nothing but still!!

I was watching fox 8 and just then this ad comes on. It was for on of those things where you txt your name and date of birth to some thing and they sendyou back the day and year your supposed to die. They did a pretend one and the day that cam up was december 21 2012....

Coincidence??

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I'll check on youtube, what was the brand there were selling, like the number or name of the Co.

Might be nothing, but I really want to see it now.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
i've been trying to find it on there, no results. I think it's called death day or something. If they show it again i'l pay closer attention. I only really perked up when it said and showed that date.

Cherry

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by CherryDuck

Hey Cherry

I hate these type of ads. There is one on at the moment in the UK, where you text you and your partners name to get your ideal baby name. In the small print at the bottom of the screen it states - 5 pounds per text, 3 per week, text STOP ect. to cancel.
They are obviously aiming at young people i think, you know, people less likely to see the scam. So, for this one IDEAL baby name you NEED to receive 3 per week????? and if you dont text STOP after your initial text, they automaically send you them, billing you 5 squid each time - that 15 pounds a week until you text STOP to cancel, for this name that is supposed to be unique. What they mean to say is this:

Too stupid to think of a name yourself - need a computer to randomly generate you one - ahh good, then your stupid enough not to read the bottom of the screen and text STOP (which probably costs you too) - Scandalous!!!

Regarding the 2012 one, my guess is they know that this is a well talked about subject, especially as were nearing it, more people are at least aware of the prediction whether they beleive it or not. They know people are curious and are using 2012 to ATTRACT you to begin withand see if your stupid enough to need a computer to randomly select a you a date of death, or even just see if your curious enough to see if it does come back as that date - my guess is it wont, it will be just a marketing ploy to grab your attention to get you to text them.

I'll try to demonstrate what i mean (in bold)

Originally posted by CherryDuck
i've been trying to find it on there, no results. I think it's called death day or something. If they show it again i'l pay closer attention. I only really perked up when it said and showed that date.

Cherry

Don't be taken in CD, they just want your dollar

Just my thoughts anyways - is there any small print on these ads - saying text to subscribe or, so may per week or text STOP to cancel. How much is each text, just asking out of curiousity

[edit on 22-4-2009 by MCoG1980]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
It just may have something to do with the movie.
www.whowillsurvive2012.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Also I notice all the time "no money down payment" sales pitches for cars, furniture etc. where it'll say "make no payments until 2012!!"

I figured at first that the next year's ads would be for 2013, but they were STILL all saying 2012. Strange...

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I'm going with my theory, but the film will just add more substance to there marketing scam - publicity off the back of something else.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MCoG1980

lol yeah it is probably one of those ads. I'll keep an eye out for it and see if i can get the company's name or something

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mostlyspoons

I could go in all night but i wont
that would be quite funny though, people thinking, ahh what the heck, might not see it out or they hope you think that way
- or, it could be alot of Sofa and Furniture Company's do 3 or 4 years interest free credit - hey pay nothing for a year.

I'll give a few examples, :

Current DFS ad:

to show this isn't a new thing, and old one from 1994:

[edit on 22-4-2009 by MCoG1980]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   

lol yeah it is probably one of those ads. I'll keep an eye out for it and see if i can get the company's name or something

Well, it's worth taking a look next time its on
Could be wrong, but i have a sneaky suspicion i aint.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Yeah it's not like I actually thought there was anything sinister behind the year they chose... Just something I've noticed. But actually I've seen these since 2006

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
there is a movie about 2012 ... maybe u saw some kind of ad of the movie ..

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Wait a minute, if we can get all this really cool stuff without payments till 2012, and the world is ending in 2012... shouldn't we all be doing our national duty and be out spending credit that we will never have to pay back???

Cya guys later im going to walmart

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

Lmao, i was just thinking of that b4. But then you gotta think, crap, what if it doesn't happen....

CREDIT CARD DEBT

lol, will probably cause the next economic crisis

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   

reply to post by king9072

Lmao, i was just thinking of that b4. But then you gotta think, crap, what if it doesn't happen....

CREDIT CARD DEBT

lol, will probably cause the next economic crisis

Lol after 3 years of no payments, interest probably kicks in at 119%

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
lol, i did one of those and it said i way already dead.
the day we start thinking that downloadable programs on our phones are magic is the day that i give up on all humanity and go live in a cave or something

new topics

top topics

join