It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It came to me in a Flash . . . unfortunately.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I'm quite interested in the 9/11 forum. A lot of the discussion in that forum involves video clips seen on YouTube and elsewhere. Recently I thought it would be a good thing if I had a flash video viewer which would enable me to advance video frame by frame. I currently use the VLC media player, but as far as I know it doesn't permit frame by frame advancing of the video or looping of the video.

Can anyone recommend a freeware player that allows for this type of operation? I think these sorts of things can be accomplished with Windows Movie Maker, which comes with XP, but I don't think this player will play Flash videos.

Another related point is that I can't figure out how to embed photos in my posts under the new rules. I have uploaded a photo to my folder in the media center, but it has not been assigned a unique numerical identifier. Can anybody spell out for me the right embedding procedure or point me to it?

I checked the manual FAQ but it seemed to contain the old protocols.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
After you have uploaded a photo to the media center just double click on it. You should see the imbed code in a box underneath the picture.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

Thanks. I'm having one of those, "Gosh, I really am as dumb as some people say I am." moments. Thanks again for the helping hand.

I think the other part of the question is going to be a taller order. Quality freeware doesn't grow on trees.

I did a little googling and realised that I probably will not find what I want in freeware but in the process I learned how to take screen shots with my VLC player, so basically, I should be able to do the main thing that I wanted to do.

[edit on 22-4-2009 by ipsedixit]

new topics

join