It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Combat Support Battalion Deployed to "Maintain Public Order" at Boston Marathon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Combat Support Battalion Deployed to "Maintain Public Order" at Boston Marathon

www.infowars.com

On Monday, the National Guard deployed 400 Massachusetts National Guardsmen from the 126th Combat Support Battalion to keep the Boston Marathon race route clear for more than 26,000 runners, according to the U.S. Army website.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
about 6 weeks ago, i saw several army soldiers (about 16-20) walking about a quarter of a mile back and forth down the mile long street i live on (with a preschool and such on it) stopping traffic for no reason, walking past the cars (with 16-18 near the curb, and 2 on the driver side of the cars they were passing)

i asked them what they were doing and they said they "were out for our morning exercise", funny how there isn't any kind of base within 150miles of here, and i have never seen any soldiers of any devision on this street or town in the 24 years I've lived here,

its conditioning in my opinion, there just getting everyone use to seeing our troops all the time.

www.infowars.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 22-4-2009 by dkman222]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dkman222

They're National Guardsmen, they don't need to have a base to go from. They are average American Joes like you and me. We are not talking about Federal ordered Active duty soldiers here.
They do this kind of thing all of the time for major events, better safe than sorry if you have thousands if not millions of people concentrated in an exposed location where a dirty bomb from some radical group bent on bloodshed could set one off. They did the same thing at the NYC New Years Eve events and others.

Providing security is not the same as enforcing laws.

Edit to add: I would think that people would be used to this by now as it has been going on for major events for many years, even before 9/11. It's often cheaper to call up the state Guardsmen than paying for a private security company to fill in the holes where law enforcement can't do anything due to manpower. This is called not taking any unwanted risks.

[edit on 22-4-2009 by spec_ops_wannabe]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by spec_ops_wannabe

You are right. It is a sad statement though that the current war has screwed up foreign relations so badly that we need military policing for spectator sports. If only we could find a portal and go back to 2000......

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by spec_ops_wannabe
reply to post by dkman222

They're National Guardsmen, they don't need to have a base to go from.

ok but why where they in my super tiny town in Alaska?

They are average American Joes like you and me. We are not talking about Federal ordered Active duty soldiers here.

most people in the military are regular joes like you and me, my little brother is even enlisted; that doesn't change the fact that there prepping you for something.

They do this kind of thing all of the time for major events, better safe than sorry if you have thousands if not millions of people concentrated in an exposed location

I'm guessing your talking about Boston now, not my town. in which case im sure your right.

where a dirty bomb from some radical group bent on bloodshed could set one off.

Mr. Cheney is that you? That's a pretty extreme statement, i think the chances of a dirty bomb going off at the B-M, are pretty slim.

But I'm one of those nuts who are convinced 9/11 was a inside job, Pearl Harbor could have prepped for the attack before japans arrival, and that we sent cruise ships into German territory intending to have them sunk.

I'm criiiiisss-azy!

edited to fix quote error.

[edit on 22-4-2009 by dkman222]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by secretagent woooman
reply to post by spec_ops_wannabe

You are right. It is a sad statement though that the current war has screwed up foreign relations so badly that we need military policing for spectator sports. If only we could find a portal and go back to 2000......

people say that pre-bush thing a lot, but i have to say, i think it would have turned out the same way even if Gore or someone else from the Rep Dem party would have won, its all a giant game IMO and the outcome has already been decided.

edited typo.

[edit on 23-4-2009 by dkman222]

top topics

join