It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Investing for Disclosure. If ETs are real where to invest your money. Serious Thread only intellig

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Sorry if this has been discussed before. Myabe in light of the current economic conditions we could discuss this.

Ok here goes:

Let's say FULL Disclosure happens whether it be May 31, 2009 or whenever, where would be good places to invest money? i can think of a few bad places. such as Aerospace and OIL companies.

I would assume new forms of energy and transportation to new ways of computing power would be good place to to invest, but what would they be? We obviously won't know until it happens. But maybe if we looked back and documented cases of UFO/Alien activity we could figure out what might be good investments.

Remember the old Bob Lazaar story and claiming it ran on Element 115. Well whatever company that deals in manufacturing or synthesizing of elements might be a good place to throw a couple bucks and buy some stocks.

So I'm basically just throwing some ideas out there, because if disclosure does happen, you can be sure the people in the know will have invested accordingly days before actual disclosure. Which brings me to a side point; someone could monitor stock transactions of some key figures in the world ;who we assume knows about ET/Aliens and monitor their Stock transactions. That may be a good indicator of disclosure about to happen. I.E.. A powerful political or business figure suddenly selling all of there energy stocks or something to that effect.

So basically the point of this thread is to think of places to invest money right before disclosure happens.

V/r
Satcom

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by satcom

The military is AT LEAST 50 years ahead of us in technology. To grasp that figure, just imagine what we have got publicly in the last 10 years, only 20% of that time.

Just imagine where the public would be in 50 years. So I think the only people who can actually answer this question would be high level military that already knows of the technology.

Cause if we get real here, its not like ET will arrive on Thursday, and by Friday sharing their technology with Bill and Betty down the road. Come on now, I know where talking aliens but get real.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
A quick 2 cents worth!

Invest in new technologies that may be handed over and the education of.

[edit on 22-4-2009 by Bob Down Under]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Id say invest in propulsion ... nothing we have seen has come close to the maneuvers some of their crafts can perform!!

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I plan on investing in companies that make Toilet paper, because the disclosure that aliens actually exist is going to scare a lot of people [mild profanity here]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Freeze dried foods? Foods with long shelf lives? Companies that deal in survival type equipment be it clothing/tents and the like. ( Not for any kind of apocalyptic thing, but for settling new worlds...). This is assuming that aside from picking up crash debris and perhaps bodies, that our government knows any more than we do. I'm going under the assumption that disclosure will fairly rapidly lead to Human colonization of other worlds if the aliens share technology with us. Bleh, I'm too tired to make a good post. Drug companies who will possibly have to deal with new virus's/bacteria and make new medication and vaccines. This is a tough one....

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
My thoughts were what sort of products will we come up with and then convince the aliens that they can't live without them or that all the really cool aliens all want. I'm in advertising myself and I can't imagine marketing executives not wanting to "tap" the new alien market. Poor aliens.It's not so much are we ready for them...but are they ready for us.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Three words:

TIN FOIL HATS

Just kidding. I would think optical companies, (telescopes, binoculars, etc.), for looking at the skies!

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I would invest in T-Shirt making equipment. Then you could sell all kind of cool shirts. You know things like "Aliens showed up and all they brought me was this lousy T-Shirt". I am serious. It would be a total fad thing. Then we would get bored of the aliens and kill them. Then, a few years later, we will all get drunk with our buds and say "hey, remember that time we got drunk and killed the aliens?". Then we will all laugh and laugh.

[edit on 22-4-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I usually dont give out advice, but think a bit, what does everyone need|? food and water, right! and i am not talking mcdonalds either

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Short MacDonalds, Oil Companies and Banks...

I would say that Nanotech will be the next thing. A few "contectees" talk about it a lot. Whether you think they're for real or not, it's definitely a very interesting field, and if you subscribe to the theory that off-worlders have been helping us push our tech along for the last hundred years, they are almost definitely involved in developing Nano. Who knows though...

If Aliens were real I wouldn't have too much money in anything digital, I'd have a lot of precious metals stored safely somewhere.

[edit on 14f20093pmWed, 22 Apr 2009 19:12:04 -050004 by HiAliens]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
If you *KNEW* disclosure was imminent, you would want to invest in car companies.

(And since we don't know disclosure is imminent, you'd better avoid auto companies like the plague.)

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Think about it this way,

What if the world economic issues we are going through right now is a way for those in the right places to move thier money twards the stocks that will grow?

Why would you want to have those changes seen so that others can benifit also. Besides isnt it insider trading and illegal to do that in the first place. So to hide that from the regular people they cause a recession and presto they move thier capitol to the right investments and no one is wiser as no one sees this transaction.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I think toy or novelty companies could put out a lot of 'alien' merchandise.

Alien action figures was the first thing that I thought of. I'm not trying to be silly, I just think there would be a market for them.

Plus publishing - there'd be a huge amount of books and magazines.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Can you invest in the prison system..because they all need to go to jail for lying to us all of these years...people who manage the prison system have been making money off the gov. for all of these years..also..high tech companies..they have the edge..

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
IF you knew in advance about the disclosure.

It depends on what type of disclosure you know about in advance.

Ladies and Gentlemen of Earth, these are the aliens and they are:

• Friendly
  • Hostile
  • just not that interested in us

Friendly, I would invest in IT as this area would advance amazingly, although if Windows keeps up is another issue

Hostile, I'd buy weaponry, not invest in it. Would rather go down fighting than wait for them to come to me. The weapons would probably not do anything, but on the chance that they do...

Just not that interested in us, anti-depressants

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I have run this as a thought experiment many times- its quite fun to think of the possibilities and the economic implications of disclosure.

I've concluded that an advanced civ will not work on the same economic system (market) as us. Material things such as gold will be useless, as will modern technology.

So what is the only thing that will entice our intergalactic visitors? Humanity.

I would invest heavily in antiquities and art. I would also invest in tourism.

Imagine if one of us went back to ancient Egypt... what would we be interested in commercially? Certainly not raw materials, pots etc. We would want a place to stay, a tourism scheme to take a good look around etc. We might also want to buy some cool historic stuff.

The only thing humans have to offer to the other beings of this universe is humanity itself- mainly art and history. The intangibles will be of more value than the tangibles.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
It looks like we have so far identified these things as good investments:

Nano Tech
Some Aerospace
Publishing Companies
Pharmaceutical companies dealing with Antidepressents.
Science firms dealing with synthesizing Elements

Thanks to all who has replied so far!

top topics

join