It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolutionists are Heathens, Who Lie about Life in General

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by News And History

Yes, you are religious. You're a follower of heathens. You've adopted their beliefs.

Now, that's an oxymoron if I EVER saw one.

You're apparently unaware of the true definitions of the terms religious, heathen and beliefs.

[edit on 4/22/2009 by maria_stardust]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by mythos

"Brash behavior"? Making false-accusations against me is not helping your cause. Sharing the truth is what you need to do. The truth is all we need. I'm not hear to make enemies. I'm here to expose them.
They're all heathens.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   

reply to post by OzWeatherman

Yes, you are religious. You're a follower of heathens. You've adopted their beliefs.
Accept the truth. It's easier than swallowing water.

What the hell gives you that impression? Check my post history on other religious threads.....ask others, Ive been and will always be an atheist.

Obviously you dont know what I do for a living either, I can guarantee you that its in the field of science

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

"You're unaware..." That's true. We're all unaware of something. Great point!
I'm not presenting any real oxymorons though. It's really apparent that you don't like what I've presented for the truth-seekers, here.

You're 1 of many people, who have become very angry with the truth. Heathens don't want to accept all of it.

reply to post by OzWeatherman

Everyone is into science. You can't escape it. Anyway, you're still religious. You have a system of beliefs, and you're trying to defend it.

Heathens don't like the truth slammed in front of their faces.

[edit on 22-4-2009 by News And History]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by News And History

expose enemies? enemies to who? your truth you STILL HAVE NOT clarified?

as for this catch phrase Heathen term? others on this thread have tried to define it for you, but what do you mean by that? i fear it is you who is not helping his 'cause' by not clarifying anything.

heathen? really? should we shout-down the pagans next? what about the infidels? let's throw in the philistines, while we are at it?

anyhow... may life bless this world, and all creatures upon it.

how's that for a truth?

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
This thread has turned into nothing more than a bad joke. Even the OP can't seem to stay on topic.

What's the topic, by the way...

Oh, yeah. Evolutionists are heathens who lie about life in general.

Instead of hurling baseless insults, perhaps the OP would be kind enough as to share his thoughts on the issue.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
ahh well... he fled. serves me right for getting caught up in someone elses *snip*.

i must deep breath now.

my pagan new years resolution (which april fool's day is) is to not get so readily riled up by folks like the OP. it is an exercise in futility.

peace to those who seek it.

[edit on 22-4-2009 by mythos]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Oh the best part is that i was reading another of News and History's threads, and it seems that "Mr. I know the truth and you dont".. "Mr. I only believe what is true" is a big Alex Jones fan. No i know where he is getting all of his "truth"

By the way he will be back. He has to come back and fan the flames from time to time.

[edit on 22-4-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Evolutionists = Heathens.

Strange, by your definition, if a heathen is someone who believes something other than your "revealed truth" as opposed to the countless and growing evidence for the theory of evolution by natural selection then I too am a heathen.

Does this make an atheist? Well, no. But I AM an atheist.

Finally, does this also make me religious? Is atheism a religion?

Well, no.

If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair colour and NOT collecting stamps is a hobby.

[edit on 22-4-2009 by AshtonBlack]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

[reply to post by OzWeatherman

Everyone is into science. You can't escape it. Anyway, you're still religious. You have a system of beliefs, and you're trying to defend it.

Ok, now its clear what your agenda is.

You're just baiting people into arguing with you to keep your thread going and you're way off topic.

Yes I have a system of beliefs, and Ive just added the "belief that News and History has an extraordinary level of ignorance "

Edit- Post above is sheer an utter brilliance, something which the OP seems to be lacking

[edit on 22/4/2009 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

two pages later and I still don't have any idea what your thread is about.
Can you stop the cocky, aloof, holier-than-thou attitude for a minute and try to get to the point? Are you capable of making a point?
Maybe you just wanted a fight, or maybe you were looking for some quick points, I don't know. I think this thread should probably die either way.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
We didn't create ourselves. We didn't come from nothing. We're supposed to seek our maker. I'm not here to show you everything, but I willing to point all of you in the right direction (which isn't in any church-doctrine or temple).

No man is responsible for the groups & doctrine, which you may or may not follow. You're responsible for believing in whatever you want. It's your duty to find the truth for yourself. I can't make you accept it, so do it for yourself.

reply to post by mythos

I'm not all-knowing. If you want the truth, get up & go find it for yourself. I'm not going to help someone, who doesn't see the truth, in the 1st place.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

If we truly evolved from just an organism with 4 genomic characters into beings with 30,000 genes (give or take a couple thousand based on where you get your information), then Microevolution is the complete opposite.

I wanted to rely to this as well. Four genomic characters? I think you mean nucleic acids. A gene is not the same thing as a nucleic acid. A quick breakdown of terms, since you seem confused.

Nucleic Acid: C, G, A, T.

Nucleotide: Combinations of nucleic acids, forming half the "rung" on the double helix.

Base Pair: Combination of two Nucleotides. The "Rungs" you see in the double helix.

Codon: Three Base Pairs which code for a specific protein.

Gene: A collection of codons which code for a specific trait.

Chromosome: A section of DNA containing multiple genes. Your DNA isn't in one long strand. It's broken into multiple independent sections. Humans have 46 Chromosomes (23 pairs).

Genome: Your entire genetic profile, containing all chromosomes.

Speaking of Chromosomes, one of the more profound evidences of evolution is the human chromosome #2. Our ape cousins each have 48 chromosomes, while we have 46. This seems to indicate that we are not descended from a common ancestor, except for one little detail. Human Chromosome #2 has these odd little features called telomeres in the middle of the chromosome. Telomeres generally always only appear at the ends, like caps. (telomere degredatation is one of the causes of aging, btw) So their presence in the middle of the chromosome is rather odd. A detailed analysis of Chromosome #2 indicates that the telomeres are in the exact same spot one would expect them to be if you fused, say, Chimpanzee chromosome #'s 2 & 3.

I can provide a source if requested, but surely anyone who's dipped their toes into this debate has either had this thrown in their face or been the one throwing it around. As it should be common knowledge by this point, I don't feel the need to source it unless requested.

Accept the truth. It's easier than swallowing water.

Human beings are not perfect. We will always show capacity for error to some degree or another. So such a concept as truth is likely beyond the limits of the human condition. Therefore, we should put our trust more in those who seek the truth, and doubt those who claim to have it.

Further, knowledge and understanding are not easy. They require effort and dedication. What is easy, however, is ignorance. You don't have to read. You don't have to study. You don't have make sure your facts are accurate. You can allow your mind to rot in atrophy.

So... yeah, I highly doubt those who claim to have the truth, and even further those who promote it as "easy".

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by AshtonBlack

to go with Webster: Religion: a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith.

most atheists i have known are farely devout in their 'non-belief'.

as compared to an agnostic who simply states: "i am not too sure".

atheists profess their certitude in the same way Christians (and of course others of a doctrined faith) profess their certitude. both camps leave little wiggle room.

no refuting intended on my part. i suppose i was just itchy for an earnest debate on the topic but the OP bailed.

oops... he's back, and i am off topic, as usual.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mythos

Webster was a freemason (a.k.a. worshiper of Baal-god & deceptive religious person).

reply to post by Lasheic

I won't bother you, if you don't want to quote exactly what I told you, in context. I suggest that you show solid-evidence, rather than simple beliefs. Don't waste your time with man's beliefs. Go find the truth.

If you follow strangers, that's your problem. I know what I'm following: the truth & nothing else. If you don't want it, I can't help you. I'm not willing to join your religious group.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

"I suggest that you show solid-evidence, rather than simple beliefs."

You called evolutionists heathens and liars, where's your "solid-evidence" to back that up?

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Gawdzilla

Gawdzilla, you don't care about the truth. You just want to argue. Enjoy the rest of your time, here.

Heathen, don't cry to me. I'm not here to shatter your system of beliefs. You can believe whatever you want. Go back to sleep. Everything is fine in your imagination, and your religion is perfect for millions of sheeple.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   

HaaHaa! You said sheeple. That never fails to crack me up. Reminds me of the South Park episode about 911 conspiracies. Did you see that one?

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   
AAACCK!! what is this truth you keep mentioning but never defining?!?!

and don't put this on me... i know my own truth (or at least i seek it).

i am asking YOU as have so many others on this thread: what is this truth you keep referring to?!? the bible? scientology? scarecrows from venus?

you might as well at this point be saying: buttercup.

"the buttercup is easy. it goes down like water. only buttercup is real. everything else is Heathens"

i mean, it is hard to take you seriously (and i want to, for i attempt to value as many perspectives as i can learn about) but when you have managed to avoid at least 7 posters inquiry into what it is you are even talking about, you make it difficult.

you are being elusive and i can't tell if it is on purpose, or if you are a zealout, or simply having a good time irking the rest of us.

uggh.

PS i broke my resolution already. phooey.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

reply to post by Gawdzilla

Gawdzilla, you don't care about the truth. You just want to argue. Enjoy the rest of your time, here.

If the questions are too hard for you . . .

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join