It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton;US will organize "crippling" Iran sanction's if diplomacy fails

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Hillary Clinton;US will organize "crippling" Iran sanction's if diplomacy fails

www.timesonline.co.uk

Giving her first congressional testimony on US foreign policy since becoming Secretary of State , Mrs Clinton said stopping Iran from acquireing a nuclear weapon was 1 of the Obama's administration's highest priorities.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Basically she is telling Iran that 1 way or another , there's going to be a war with Iran. She is looking for more "world partners" to assist with her demands to stop nuclear development, Iran says it will talk, but it is forging ahead with its nuclear energy program. There is no way these 2 sides can meet, S will get its war.

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Seany

It seems by this story that the US is going to help , do Israel's dirty work

as they are backing Iran into a corner

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Seany

What I don't get is that we have all of these progressive or so called progressive people in the world, why don't they at least look into what President Ahmadinejad is claiming. I mean once you get passed the religion thing he is just a person who is looking out for the best intrest of his country. Now, I know someone is gonna be like "Well the best intrest for his country is to destory all the infidels!!" and blah blah blah....But isn't that what we have been doing in our country since we stepped foot in it?

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
This is just more arm flailing by the US in order to further our idea that Iran is a terrorist or rogue nation.

It wasn't 3 weeks ago they announced that they would forgo sanctions and allow Iran to continue with it's program so long as it agreed to frequent and very precise inspections.

I dont' see this going anywhere, they are gonna play this out with letters back and forth and then when Iran announces it has acquired a weapon of some sort, Israel will loose their heads and start a conflict.

The US won't start it, they can't afford another war, and frankly are stretched far too think to win one against Iran in these times.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
the same total crippling sanctions that iran has had for 30 years

that have totally failed allready.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I don't wanna seem like an Iran lover because I just realized how many times in like 20 mins I defended them. But c'mon ya'll...they have life, love, children, jobs, feelings and all that mushy stuff just like we do. Just because they have a totally different view that I guess would not help the USA in any way, doesn't mean we have to treat them like nerdy kids in elemntary school. Being a bully means that the bully has some issues that he needs to work out himself.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by unlikelycandidate
I don't wanna seem like an Iran lover because I just realized how many times in like 20 mins I defended them. But c'mon ya'll...they have life, love, children, jobs, feelings and all that mushy stuff just like we do. Just because they have a totally different view that I guess would not help the USA in any way, doesn't mean we have to treat them like nerdy kids in elemntary school. Being a bully means that the bully has some issues that he needs to work out himself.

i agree. we should leave each country to do what they want. then theres less trouble if they start attacking others and another war please dont because i know the uk will be dragged in to it aswell.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Iran is NOT a threat no matter what who tells you what

It's almost as harmless as Gaza!

[edit on 22-4-2009 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
does that mean we wont send troops there. i think not

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Seany

Neither Iran nor Israel benefit from a stable Middle East. Israel loses its need for injection of US capital and military tech if there is peace, and Iran loses its ability to galvanize its people against Israel and the West.

That being said, I think they're playing a dangerous game of cat and mouse, because I don't think either country wants all out war between two nuclear armed nations in the area.

Will Iran attack anyone if sanctions are levied? I kind of doubt it...however, we may see them yank the oil exports we need in order to make the sanctions hurt everyone by proxy.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
i understand everyones points but remember everyone has their own cracking points maybe we will push some one too far no matter how underprepared they are. some one dedicated is more lethal than some one half hearted

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Avenginggecko

very true but.... dont forget our friends the Chinese

they are loving this affair the US has with Israel and the US willingness to

stand by ,and burn with Israel

China will take every drop of oil in the middle east without a shot,

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Hillary Clinton Speaking To Ron Paul

She basically isn't saying anything of substance, but at least the rhetoric is getting much better.

I do think diplomacy is very under-rated.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Iran will probably take a leaf out of Nkoreas books

'' Crippling sanctions against the Iranian state will be seen as an act of war ''

Sanctions only do so much to a nation awash in oil, a young population and on friendly terms with its surrounds.

Watching the walkout via youtube last night against Ahmadinejad, it became apparent that we really are moving towards a conflict here.

Which is a shame,
Because when you weigh up both Sides, Israel and Iran I think we are really backing the wrong team.

Think about this,

Israel, who openly manipulate American government/thinking, who take all that aid money every year, who bomb its neighbours willy'nilly, who segregate, isolate and starve its own lands inhabitants is the REASON we hate Iran.

If Israel didn’t exist, Hezbollah/Hamas wouldn’t exist. Nuclear weapons in the ME wouldn’t exist. Palestinian terrorists wouldn’t exist, Syria / Iraq / Jordan / Egypt and Lebanon would be completely different nations.

It seems to me, not having Israel there, would solve a lot of problems in the middle east, and, god forbid, middle eastern nations and the west might see eye to eye and move 'forward' in a more positive matter.

But no, sadly, we are destined to fall when Israel does, because we have been so infected with their manipulation we seem unable to make important decisions by ourselves any more.

I will not fight for an Israeli Aggression.
I will not fight to save Israel nor protect it.
I will not fight anyone, who hasn’t attacked me or threatened my loved ones.
and I will die fighting those that believe their greed is more important than my future.

[edit on 22-4-2009 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Iran will probably take a leaf out of Nkoreas books

'' Crippling sanctions against the Iranian state will be seen as an act of war ''

Sanctions only do so much to a nation awash in oil, a young population and on friendly terms with its surrounds.

Watching the walkout via youtube last night against Ahmadinejad, it became apparent that we really are moving towards a conflict here.

Which is a shame,
Because when you weigh up both Sides, Israel and Iran I think we are really backing the wrong team.

Think about this,

Israel, who openly manipulate American government/thinking, who take all that aid money every year, who bomb its neighbours willy'nilly, who segregate, isolate and starve its own lands inhabitants is the REASON we hate Iran.

If Israel didn’t exist, Hezbollah/Hamas wouldn’t exist. Nuclear weapons in the ME wouldn’t exist. Palestinian terrorists wouldn’t exist, Syria / Iraq / Jordan / Egypt and Lebanon would be completely different nations.

It seems to me, not having Israel there, would solve a lot of problems in the middle east, and, god forbid, middle eastern nations and the west might see eye to eye and move 'forward' in a more positive matter.

But no, sadly, we are destined to fall when Israel does, because we have been so infected with their manipulation we seem unable to make important decisions by ourselves any more.

I will not fight for an Israeli Aggression.
I will not fight to save Israel nor protect it.
I will not fight anyone, who hasn’t attacked me or threatened my loved ones.
and I will die fighting those that believe their greed is more important than my future.

[edit on 22-4-2009 by Agit8dChop]
WOW

This is EXACTLY HOW I FEEL

I even started a thread awhile back titled We should Bomb Israel

stating the exact reasons, you just said

All our problems are because of the umbilical cord to Israel

(thread was deletd btw)

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I don't wanna seem like an Iran lover because I just realized how many times in like 20 mins I defended them. But c'mon ya'll...they have life, love, children, jobs, feelings and all that mushy stuff just like we do.

So do the Israelis.

Just because they have a totally different view that I guess would not help the USA in any way, doesn't mean we have to treat them like nerdy kids in elemntary school. Being a bully means that the bully has some issues that he needs to work out himself.

Probably because most nerdy kids in elementary school are trying to build a nuke and have a well-known hate-on against Israel.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
You cannot advocate an invasion on a sitting duck!

There is an armada of warships blockading Iran
Iran is not and might not ever be a threat

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
just more fear mongering, and setting up the people for the War that was going to happen for years, it will be USA/Israel attacking Iran, which will escalate into WWIII

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Is it me, or is it that when some common name based on keywords develop, that out of the sky, simultaneous post are being projected into the forums. Nice one. Hey, "so", you should reconsider your priority within this site, the algorithms are way to low tech for me to engage.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join