It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think Jesus is still mad at us for nailing him to a cross

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
lol wut

why would He be MAD at us? He WAS US...

He knew that those doing the nailing knew not the implications of who they were crucifying. He forgives. Forgiveness is redemption.

No matter what you believe, it takes more strength to forgive those who've wronged you than most anything else.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
No, I believe Jesus died like a regular man. He's dead, there'fore he isnt thinking or remembering what happened to him, like any other dead person.

The last things he though of before dying im sure, would be memories of him with his families, friends and home.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
On the other hand; So they said Jesus said to them as written in the bible, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in you; [54] he who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. [55] For my flesh is food indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. [56] He who eats my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him. (John 6:53-56 RSV) The sinister covert elite group desired this blatant confusion in conflicting statements in the bible.

Blood drinking is just wrong, it's power stealing. "The ancient Hebrews were proscribed from drinking animal blood because, the prophets declared, the life of the animal resides in the blood, and that portion belongs to the Creator..."

www.unicorngarden.com...

And according to the Old Testament, the Jews creator has a partiality for blood sacrifices, apparently keeping it's strength through the shedding of blood, but that is only because they have manipulated the God Force into thinking it requires the shedding of blood. Even ancient warriors drank the blood of their enemies to steal their power. Jesus Christ can put an end to this where no more blood need be shed and the God force would be ultimately satisfied because he would become one with it, But he can't if his power is being stolen from him by ritual blood drinking via communion/Eucharist.

As most know, the Muslims believe in Jesus Christ, and see him as a prophet who will come back as a prophet and walk with the prophet of their religion. Actually they hope he comes back as only a prophet and not as God/Jesus Christ. Yet Jesus Christ is capable of coming back to earth with the God Force manifested in Him, but he can only do so if he is freed from the curse and freed from trivial self centered manipulative prayer by those that truly do believe in him and love him. Jesus Christ is tired of being treated like a pet, He sees through all those that stroke his ego with pretty songs of praise to him, with fancy churches and half hearted attempts of good will to others in his name, all in hopes to invoke his favor and have their pathetic prayers heard.

Yes, Jesus is mad, Jesus is mad as hell for having been nailed to a cross on earth and yet again nailed to a cross in the spirit world while His followers leech off of Him on earth stealing his strength to fuel their own desires. Many have blood on their hands and many have blood in their stomachs. Do not drink the blood of the son of man/God, uplift Jesus Christ with praying that these two curses bestowed by the peoples of this earth thousands of years ago be removed so that he may open the gate to the God Force! He is the only one that can be trusted with it!

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I believe the consumption of Jesus' flesh and blood was meant to be symbolic... He wasnt instructing his followers to be cannibalistic or for future generations to follow some wierdo in a funky hat in some wafer eating wine drinking ritual every Sun day

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mostlyspoons

I see what you are saying.

Consider that rituals/prayer are extremely powerful. Wine is substituted for blood and along with prayer, actual blood is not needed to sustain the curse.

If you are not one to believe in the power of magic, spells, curses, prayers and God, then you will likely remain unconvinced at what I have added to this thread. I am assured that they are very, very real.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Damaged

Humans have a rocky relationship with randomness. On the one hand, we declare that "sh*t happens"--an acknowledgment that bad things sometimes occur for no particular reason. But more often than not, our minds resist randomness, searching for meaning even where none exists.

www.psychologytoday.com...

The bait you laid out for ALL to behold...* glittering* in it's resplendent majesty..should be shellacked in gilded vulgarity as the "MAGNUM OPUS" of decisive thought...

or perhaps i am incorrect in my humble assessment~~~

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Something about Judaeo–Christian religion that atheists/agnostics don't appear to grasp is that both modern Christians and Jews acknowledge the existence of Jesus of Nazareth — Jews just don't acknowledge Jesus as the Jewish Messiah. For that matter, even Muslims acknowledge the existence of Jesus as a prophet, but not as a Messiah. So, the great majority of the world's religions — Judaism, Christianity, and Islam — all recognize the existence of Jesus.

Christianity, strictly speaking, is a branch of Judaism in that Christians accept Jesus (a Jew) as their Savior. I've had this discussion with a number of Christians and Jews, including priests and rabbis, and they readily agree on this point. Yeah, Christians are Jews.

Now, as to the OP, there are a couple of things that need clarification: The Pharisees — a powerful Jewish sect that essentially tried Jesus and subsequently demanded his execution — saw Jesus as a threat to their influence over the hearts and minds of the Jewish community at large. Notice that the Pharisees didn't kill Jesus themselves...to do so could have damaged their image in the Jewish community, as well. Rather, they turned him over to the local Roman government for punishment. There is still some little debate as to whether "the Jews" or "the Romans" are actually responsible for the death of Jesus Christ.

However, if you've read the New Testament and understood it, then you know who killed Christ. It was all of us, it was Mankind's responsibility.

But "who did it" isn't the point. See, Jesus knew what he was walking into, he knew what his fate was, and he even foretold it on several occasions, although his disciples didn't always comprehend his meaning. At any time, if Jesus had been in fear for his life, he could have walked away, taken his disciples and fled to safer ground. But he didn't. Instead, he played his role, so to speak, in a larger story, even prompting others to play their roles toward a pre-ordained conclusion.

None of the disciples could believe their ears at The Last Supper, for example, when Christ very matter-of-factly told them that one of them would betray him. Moments later, he matter-of-factly told Judas to go and do what you must do — which must have stunned Judas, who believed that his deal to surrender Jesus to the Pharisees was a secret.

If anything, Christ was cuing people, steering the script, walking right into his own crucifixion. And that's exactly right, he was. So there is no way he would "be mad" at the characters playing their parts. Why would he?

I've seen several comedians cranking out jokes about Jesus and The Crucifixion and puzzling as to how this guy getting nailed to a cross equates to salvation for Mankind. Linear logic just doesn't seem to apply, they contend.

Well, yes, it does, if they knew their Bible.

See, up until the arrival of Jesus on Earth, God tended to deal with people in a pretty abrupt and often harsh fashion. God demanded sacrifices from his fearful subjects, or else he would look upon them unfavorably and might just smite their asses. Lot of smiting in the Old Testament, before Jesus arrived on the scene.

Frankly, the God of the Old Testament was rather inconsistent all the way around, as if God was a composite of many different Gods, and that makes sense in that the Old Testament is an incomplete and heavily edited compilation of folklore and theist traditions probably dating back 6000 years. I mean, in the OT we see God refer to itself in the plural; we see an angry and vengeful God; we see a God that thrives on blood sacrifice; we see a God that destroys earthly creation; we see a God who physically strikes down human beings; we see a God that tests human beings, like lab rats; we see a God that makes deals with human beings; and we see a God that allows Satan to torment and kill people to prove a point.

God is love? Don't go looking for it in the Old Testament.

In my own view, the God of the Old Testament reads more like a totalitarian ruler imposing his tyrannical control over colonists on distant shores. Like a crazy-ass King George III hammering the American colonists, right? In the Old Testament there is this huge disconnect between God in Heaven (wherever that is) and we puny humans here on Earth. We live in fear of God in the OT.

Then Jesus arrives. All of a sudden, "for God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son." So God is now in love with the world.

It's evident to me that either we're talking about a different God altogether, or God has had a major change of heart. I think it's the latter, and I find that fascinating — that an omniscient, omnipotent entity can still learn something and can change its attitude. To me, that makes the whole concept of God a little more palatable. Soda Pop Factor.

If you know your OT, you know that God speaks in plural terms regarding itself — let's create this thing in our image, okay? The explanation for this is The Trinity — Father, Son and Holy Ghost, right, that God is holding an eternal confab with Christ and the Holy Spirit.

Okay, that is important.

This suggests that The Son (Christ) was around at the time of Creation and watched good old Dad carry on smiting and sending plagues on the earth and squeezing the populace for good smokey sacrifices and so forth for thousands of years. Then came The Son's turn, and the Son set about changing the mind of God.

Which is a staggering notion.

The Son chose to put his ass on the line to make a point. The point was this: Dad, stop toying with these people. These are not your lab rats. I know they're brutal, but I want to impress upon you how much I love 'em. Look, I'm one of them now, I'm going to live and die among them.

That's the leverage right there. Everything else springs from that.

– Doc Velocity

[edit on 4/23/2009 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Damaged

I dunno, but your thread title brings to mind one of my many favorite quips from the "Hitchhiker's Guide" trillogy by Douglas Adams.

[From a sort of "omnicient narrative" stance, describing out world and how out of whack it is in the introduction to the first book:] "Then, about 2,000 years or so after a man had been nailed to a tree for saying how good life could be if everyone would just try to be a bit nicer to each other for a change.,..[something happened]." Its an approximite paraphrase, but still rases a smile after all these years.

[edit on 4/23/09 by silent thunder]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Jesus is DEAD.

That's not what he said. Nor is it what those who have seen and touched him testified to. Have you seen his body dead?

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I think he is more mad at the "Christians" for not following his actual teachings (of love, compation and peace)

..by the way , i think jesus is a farce, hoax, and a second-hand story...

[edit on 23-4-2009 by Next_Heap_With]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I think JESUS is more mad at us if we don't have a simple belief in him after his events. His purpose is to get as much saved as he can, the greatest way to be saved is just to believe he was the Christ and the rest follows. It is the most important aspect of Christianity just to believe in the Son as that transends everything else and every other dogma and bondage to Old Testament laws. By saying Jesus exists or by saying he was not the Christ but such a person lived once called Jesus is not enough.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
What an absurd question.

According to Christian doctrine that act, the cruxifion was the ultimate act in a gesture of divine forgiveness and salvation requiring only belief on our part to reap the benefits.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Hello All

Christ died, but this was Prophecy fufilled, Prophecy shows us Gods will.

even if Christ had considered anyone his enemy im sure he would follow his own words

Matt 5:44

But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

david

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join