It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs: the political wild card!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   
"A 2002 poll conducted by the research consulting firm Roper ASW revealed "that 72 percent of Americans believe the government is not telling the public everything it knows about UFO activity, and 68 percent think the government knows more about extraterrestrial life than it is letting on."
(www.thesentinel.com...)

What role could UFOs play in the political world? I have been told that the US government is VERY VERY interested in UFOs, much more than the public would ever dream. The real question here (at least in this forum) is how could this information be used as a political wild card? I think that GWB is the least likely person to release anything on the topic for fear of the religious contradiction involved in it along with his own religious beliefs. So what would be an appropriate political setting to release this type of information. It would be a wild card, as far as the whole "fear and panic" factor goes I don't buy it because a majority of people would just say "well duh, did you think you hid it so well that we didn't notice?" What I'm asking is what type of political atmosphere would entice the vale of secrecy on this particular issue to be lifted? What's it going to take, a crisis maybe?

Looking for a good analysis and some ideas.

[Edited on 24-4-2004 by J0HNSmith]

join