It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carrie Prejean has just defeated Obama and the Left

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Obama is seeing it the pro-marriage way.
Trump is seeing it the pro-marriage way.

May 12 news.....

""President Barack Obama ended up in the middle of an unlikely controversy this morning — the debate over Miss California’s position on gay marriage.

At a press conference addressing Carrie Prejean’s disputed title in the Miss USA competition, pageant owner Donald Trump compared Prejean’s stated views on gay marriage to Obama’s.

“It's the same answer that the president of the United States gave,” Trump said. “She gave an honorable answer. She gave an answer from her heart.”

In her own remarks moments later, Prejean echoed Trump’s statement, telling reporters: “The president of the United States, the secretary of state, and many Americans agree with me in this belief.”

In the final round of the Miss USA pageant, Prejean told judge Perez Hilton: “I think in my country, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman. No offense to anybody out there, but that's how I was raised.” ""

I believe Obama is going to have to make a national Federal level call on this marriage topic. The people want it.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by THX-1138
Obama is seeing it the pro-marriage way.
Trump is seeing it the pro-marriage way.

I enjoy your threads, full of such hate and spite. It's Obama's call, though he has to know he's digging his own grave. The people are starting to grow weary of his shenanigans.

May 12 news.....

""President Barack Obama ended up in the middle of an unlikely controversy this morning — the debate over Miss California’s position on gay marriage.

Why in the hell did they bring "him" into this. He's doing his job running this country into the ground. He doesn't need to focus on this. BTW is there a link.

At a press conference addressing Carrie Prejean’s disputed title in the Miss USA competition, pageant owner Donald Trump compared Prejean’s stated views on gay marriage to Obama’s.

“It's the same answer that the president of the United States gave,” Trump said. “She gave an honorable answer. She gave an answer from her heart.”

We all know Donald Trump is Pro NWO. Just like everyone else with money, and no she didnt give an answer from her heart. She gave it from the very deepest recesses of her inky black spiteful existence.

In her own remarks moments later, Prejean echoed Trump’s statement, telling reporters: “The president of the United States, the secretary of state, and many Americans agree with me in this belief.”
-Scoffs- She is such an idiot. Barack Obama may be against Gay marriage but he is for Full Civil Unions. Which is practically the same thing. He also says we need to repeal the Defense of Marriage Act.

Link

Read the last paragraph. She may have a fact correct, but she is using it in the wrong context. Like he is against two homosexuals being together at all. She is such a dumb "Cee U Next Tuesday' If you catch my drift.

In the final round of the Miss USA pageant, Prejean told judge Perez Hilton: “I think in my country, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman. No offense to anybody out there, but that's how I was raised.” ""

There is no refuting that. She said that now she is going to try and get all the attention she can off of this debacle. If she was raised that way that's fine. I'm not saying she's wrong. She did in fact stand up for what she believed. They shouldn't have asked her that damn question. It's the pageants fault, though she tried to pass it off like she didn't know what was going to happen.

"I believe Obama is going to have to make a national Federal level call on this marriage topic. The people want it.'

No they want something else, but I can't say because im at work. I will edit later to add what I was going to say.

[edit-formatting]

[edit on 13/5/2009 by SemperParatusRJCC]

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
WOW.
Had to reply on this one. Didn't read the thread....just the OP.

That was the most asinine and short sighted post I have read in a long, long time. Congrats OP.....

Someone needs to lay off the Limbaugh for a few, and think for themselves. That's all I have for you at the moment.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Why no national attacks on Obama for his views towards marriage?

I find this double standard absolutely amazing and appalling.

The moonbats have absolutely no reason to attack this woman for her honest and widespread viewpoint. Heaven forbid the moonbats actually attack Barry for his "crazy" views toward marriage.

Go Carrie Prejean. She just opened one hell of a can of worms for Barry.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I applaud the girl for giving her opinion and standing by it.

But . . . why is a gay dude judging a beauty pagaent? How can he tell which one has the hots to win?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Why no national attacks on Obama for his views towards marriage?

I find this double standard absolutely amazing and appalling.

The moonbats have absolutely no reason to attack this woman for her honest and widespread viewpoint. Heaven forbid the moonbats actually attack Barry for his "crazy" views toward marriage.

Go Carrie Prejean. She just opened one hell of a can of worms for Barry.

Good question

I am so confused,

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Many Liberals are fond of saying 'as goes California, so goes the Nation' and I think this is going to come true this time.

California has upheld the gay marriage ban and altered their state constitution to reflect it. Arnold the Black Plowman agrees as always.

Obama's self-proclaimed Newyorkican Judge nominee is likely to do the President's dirty work for him by making the gay marriage ban legal on the Federal level. She will also make our recent immigrants feel safe and secure enough to get a legitimate driver's license and social security number and start paying taxes. There is a huge number of people that can be tapped for taxes to pay off this gigantic debt we have taken on.

Miss Prejean, you genius, thank you for your service!

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by THX-1138

Your title and post doesn't really match.How has O'bama been "defeated"?

Meaning it has already happened. in your OP you used the words "I believe".Do you see the contradiction? And I thought this was a constitutional issue?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Prejean has simply brought it up in the public's face again.
I think this type of publicity is going to pressure Obama to make some sort of definitive decision on the matter.

In California the residents voted to ban gay marriage, a judge overturned the peoples vote and said gay marriage was alright, the residents again voted to ban it, and now finally a judge has said definitively gay marriage is banned in California because that is the wish of the people.

We can not let states become split further apart by this frivolous issue.
I think the Liberals are trying to champion Obama as the man that will destroy the United States piece by piece.
Obama will have to prove this one way or the other.
He is pro-USA or anti-USA.
The President of the UNITED States must make a decision about this.

The media is already running some Cheney quote about letting the states make their own individual decisions on gay marriage. What they aren't telling you are the powerful reactions possible. They are leaving that open ended. It is possible that some states will experience major changes that would not be very good for the United States.

It is possible that Cheney is faking his Republican feelings as a means of emboldening Obama and leading him into making a bad decision. If Obama ignores this issue he looks weak. If Obama decides to let states call it he will look indecisive and he will offend the majority of United States citizens. If Obama makes the ban Federal he will at least gain the respect of the MAJORITY of US citizens because he would only be upsetting and losing the minority gay support.
He has to play it one way or another.
Prejean is a high profile story. Donald and Arnold seem to like her ideas. Don't forget the vast majority of Americans are still religious and espouse beliefs in life, a man and a wife, and family as well as the United States.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
So we can think about it like this....

Carrie Prejean has defeated Obama and the Left, but
Carrie Prejean has strengthened Obama and the Right.

My opinion is that Obama is being cornered into taking the Conservative stance on this gay marriage issue. It is governmental and it is religous, yes. It is the religion before all other religions and it is government in itself. It is pro-life and pro-responsibility. It is about taking control of yourself and thereby taking control of the development of human civilization.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
People really need to start taking religion on this subject OUT OF IT.... (and yes I did also start to quote religion in this, but after some thought..)
You are whom you are and not one other person has the right to judge you on that. Please those whom judge others on based on choices really should sit down and think about the choices that they have made in their lives, can you really cast the first stone and pass judgment on others.
This is NOTHING about religion its about basic human rights, and as far as I am concerned, Gays and Lesbians have every right to fight for theirs, and these have been taken away because of the worlds warped view of what GOD is......
Take this away and what do these extremists have.....

A BIG FAT NOTHING TO STAND ON.....

[edit on 3-6-2009 by The_Seeker]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
I wonder which thing her God is more mad at her for?

Taking a bunch of nude softcore photos, or lying about it.

Nevertheless this unaccomplished, 22 year old would-be Miss USA has become an awkward flavor-of-the-month icon for the right-wingers.

Another hollow political Joan-or-arc.

Only in America.

- Lee

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join