It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carrie Prejean has just defeated Obama and the Left

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SemperParatusRJCC
No not to spite people. Just to make the fact known. Im not a spiteful person. I just wanted to prove my point. Case closed. Sorry if im acting like a "snip". Im just havent expressed my homosexuality lately.

I havent expressed my heterosexuality lately either..

Might go bash a bloke up or beat a woman or something us guys do...

*whistles a tune, sings about stereotypes*

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
While all things homosexual freak me out, I support the right of two consenting adults getting married. I see it as a civil rights issue and not a religous thing. My wife and I just walked into two seperate offices, and were married in less than 20 minutes. No God or religion involved. It was between us and the government. Why can't homosexuals who want to share their lives together enjoy the same liberty?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
God isn't against gays. He isn't against blacks or whatever else. If you say leviticus says that gays are bad, and what to stick with that idea of God, that's fine but it is not everyone's idea of what God is by any means. And its actually a false idea of God...

A lot of Christians have a misconception of Jesus, and often they're the most vocal saying that God favors them and they are more "worthy". Any break in God's law, means you're totally unworthy of God. No one can measure up to that standard, so if you break a lot of laws, or a little, its the same guilt. It says in the New Testament that Jesus fullfilled the law, and believing in him relieves a person of all the laws in the Old Testament. So gay or whatever, it doesn't matter. All is absolved by Jesus.

That is one level in which you and others are wrong. Another is that you don't understand or listen to what Jesus says. He says to love your neighbor. You don't do that. He says not to be judgemental. You guys are judgmental. Jesus says to work on yourself and not look to others for "flaws". You guys focus on everyone else but yourselves. You cast out fellow Christians, creating a divide. That is what is sinful.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I'd like it proven to me that people are born gay. Otherwise, I will agree it is a personal choice.

One of you debunkers should be able to do this one.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by sticky]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by sticky
I'd like it proven to me that people are born gay. Otherwise, I will agree it is a personal choice.

One of you debunkers should be able to do this one.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by sticky]

I don't have time to source it but whatever.

The more males a mom gives birth to the higher the chance that a younger brother will be gay. Reason is that it is thought that the women creates antibodies against the male, turning the male more "feminine".

Identical twins raised in totally different environments, and if one twin is gay, the other has a greater than 30% chance of also being gay, which is of course a lot higher than normal chance.

Brain proportions are different in gays, they resemble females more.

Reaction to a "shocking" stimulus are different in gays, they resemble females.

Finger lengths are different in gays on average.

probably a bunch of others.

Why do so many of you think its a choice? Do you choose what you like? Of course not. Why do you like blue, green, purple, whatever. Are you supposed to wonder why you don't like yellow? Not really, you just don't like it. Same with food or any other thing that brings satisfaction in life, we don't choose it, we feel it. It's just that some people put "gay" on such a high pedestal, when it is just like any other desire in life that brings satisfaction, there is nothing different about it.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sticky

sticky....prove to me that people are 'born' straight.

Or, do they just 'conform' to what Society expects?

Before you close your mind, consider this: I don't know your gender, but I'll assume male, since this attitude you display is generally exhibited by men.

Having said that, then the rest will make sense. As a 'straight' man, you are attracted to women, of course....but not ALL women, am I correct?

You have a 'preference'....Blonde or Brunette or Redhead (ginger), breasts or rump, tall, short, pretty or dumpy (very subjective, of course) ... Hispanic, Black, Asian, WASP. THAT is the essence of 'preference'. ALSO, subsets....religious affiliations. Eyes, mouth, nose...etc, etc, etc....

Gay persons have the same 'preferences' when it comes to specific physical attributes. What is different is the 'sexual' attraction aspect.

I am a man, and I am Gay. I have NEVER been sexually aroused by a woman. I'm not interested in having sex with a woman, in fact the notion is slightly disgusting. (Sorry, Gals!)

Hate to be too graphic, because there may be children reading. As adults, I think I need not be too specific.

This subject brought up at this point in the thread is a bit off the OP topic. However, it seems appropriate to counter some of the vile-dripping sentiment of late. AND to clarify some terms.

Now, got that off of my chest....I will repeat myself again, since it's a long thread: Miss Prejean said absolutely the correct thing as she saw it. The 'person' (and let me be clear, I have NO respect for 'Perez Hilton'...he is a travesty and is embarassing...) who posed the question caught her off-guard. It was mean, under-handed and a trick to make headlines, IMO.

The poor girl is what? 18, 19? (AND, she is stunningly beautiful...you see, even a Gay man can appreciate beauty when they see it...just, not my type...and DEFINITELY NOT Perez Hilton either....makes me want to puke...).

So.....back to the premise....DID Miss Prejean 'defeat' Obama???

Discuss!!!!

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
CNN right now is trying to push the idea that people have genetic deficencies making them murders. What hogwash disinfo blah.

Does this mean being gay is a genetic deficency?

Nature vs. Nuture will be a battle that we will never prove. Just like aliens, conspiracy, ect..

[edit on 25-4-2009 by sticky]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by sticky
CNN right now is trying to push the idea that people have genetic deficencies making them murders. What hogwash disinfo blah.

Does this mean being gay is a genetic deficency?

Nature vs. Nuture will be a battle that we will never prove. Just like aliens, conspiracy, ect..

[edit on 25-4-2009 by sticky]

I already responded to your other post, read my post lol.

Here's some enlightenment for some of you stupider folk. Here's the life of a human being. A person gets a desire. A person feels pleasure from filling the desire. That is life. You move your butt on the chair, since you feel a desire for more comfort, and the action or energy to move is less work then staying uncomfortable. Life is really rather basic. You're debating what a person feels as desirable and asking where it comes from, but it comes from outside a person. Like I said, no other desire in life seems to get as much attention and hassle. Do you get harrassed for liking Crispy Creme donuts? Do you get scutinized when you like to watch a football game? It's too bad some of you couldn't become even a bit wiser.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I'll continue to not believe you untill you can show me hard evidence. Not philisophical nonsense about feelings.

I have feelings too, and most of the time I'm an #-hole. I'm just trying to play the skeptic on this one.

You can't prove with evidence that it is something people are born with. This is fact. There wouldn't be the Nature vs Nuture debate if this was easily concluded.

It is the same thing as us who believe UFO's are real, and we can't prove that with hard evidence either. That is also fact, Aliens don't exist, as we have no proof.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
People dissing me.... but they didn't get WARNED.

People trying to shut down free speech... but they didn't get WARNED.

Let me ask...

Why would gays want to be MARRIED?

Doesn't make sense.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Married.

Marry.

Mary.

Mare.

Who can spill the water upon the Earth and bring new flesh to life?

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by THX-1138

THX-1138.....

"Marriage" has, from a legal standpoint, certain financial and survivorship ramifications.

It is as simple as....if one 'partner' is in the Hospital, then the person who loves her/him is not granted access, by law, unless they are 'immediate family'....

This would work to the disadvantage IF a Heterosexual unmarried 'couple' had one 'partner' in the Hospital, and the 'family' didn't want the live-in lover access.

So...see? It can cut both ways....EXCEPT....that a same-sex couple, if certain people have their way, will NEVER be granted the same taken-for-granted rights that a 'traditionally' married couple would enjoy.

I happen to know a couple...a MAN and a WOMAN who, after about 20 years together, decided that it was necessary to 'marry'....just in case one died before the other. They were, in the last 20 years, far too old to procreate. Nor did they WANT to have progeny....YET, because they HAPPENED to be ONE Female and ONE Male...well, NO PROBLEM!!! Right??

On a more personal note....I can tell you about ANOTHER Heterosexual couple....my own Mother, and her second Husband...except, they did NOT get married until they had been together for over 15 years!

AND...for chrissakes!!! THEY HAD NO intention of making another baby!!! My 'stepdad' had a vasectomy, just in case....(he already had a daughter from a previous marriage)....

So, all of the 'hatred' against Gays, and Lesbians, and TransGendered...or, even, Bi-Sexuals....the 'knuckle-dragging' should stop NOW!!!!

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
reply to post by Moreonethananyone

Gay is a choice genious, True Liberals here when someone doesnt agree with there opinion they flame and slander.

As for the marriage aspect I think civil unions is what the gay ppl
need to pursue, but mules are not the only stubborn animal on
the planet and so it goes...win your war in inches not in miles.

I think ppl have the right to do what they want, but I will say
a few total gay generations equal extinction.

Well for some it may be a choice, but they have some interesting evidence
here on the subject.

They found that some hormones in the womb can make the child gay.

Hormone imbalance may cause children to be gay

Now for going out on a limb a bit.

These ppl have found fish in the water with altered sexuality due to
pollution.

Fish sex organs altered by pollution

Now to go WWWAAAAYYY out on a limb.

Millions of tons of drugs gone bad dumped in US rivers

I could see screwing up to the tune of a few tons, but millions of tons ?

I'd think quality control or accounting would try to "save some money"

So my far reaching theory is they are dumping this crap in the rivers
on PURPOSE, much like the Fluoride.

So some ppl with ulterior motives may be getting the results they want.

No intent to offend anyone, just playing connect the dots a bit.

Just my 2 cents.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
@ OP
You are right that marriage is a religious union and therefore should be recognized by the state in name only.
Also any church that attempts to effect electoral outcomes should be reclassified as political organizations and lose any protections/freedoms they may have as religious organizations.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Why would people want to get married?
People who are married gain a couple benefits over those who are not. There are tax advantages. There are also payroll advantages. Some people, like me, get paid by the dependent. Some apartment leases require everyone who is on the lease to have a job. That requirement goes away if a couple is married and then only one of them needs to work. There are probably more reasons why people would want to get married.

Most important of all, if two people have real love for each other it is the ultimate gesture to chain yourselves legally together.

Religion is not really a factor in marriage. I got married without God involved. It was a government thing.

[edit on 25-4-2009 by tamusan]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I concur with your sentiments.

However, I believe your predictions are greatly flawed and far, far too optimistic.

Things will ONLY GET WORSE until Armageddon.

Christ will cleanse the planet of the remaining evil doers. THEN things will be infinitely better for a very long time.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Just you keep waiting for that magical sky fairy of yours to come down from the vastness of space and bring all the nice little boys and girls home.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN

I concur with your sentiments.

However, I believe your predictions are greatly flawed and far, far too optimistic.

Things will ONLY GET WORSE until Armageddon.

Christ will cleanse the planet of the remaining evil doers. THEN things will be infinitely better for a very long time.

If I may quote the greatest movie in the world. Serenity.

"Ah, hell, Shepherd, I ain't looking for help from on high. That's a long wait for a train don't come"

Maitreya may come. Though Jebus died and the Greys cloned him. Either that or Jeff Dunham went back in time and had a Jesus puppet before he got abducted, and well you know he did his first act.

[edit on 27/4/2009 by SemperParatusRJCC]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
To me it’s unnatural, Call me what you will

OK

Homophobic Bigot.

The problem, not the solution.

Idiot.

I can keep going if you like,....

[edit] Spelling

[edit on 29-4-2009 by UrsusMajor]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by THX-1138

Originally posted by Moreonethananyone
Thx you are whats wrong with america,Miss Cal is just as ignorant as you.YOUR GOD made gay people too,better start getting use to it.
[edit on 22/4/09 by Moreonethananyone]

So yes my God made gays and He is laughing about it each and every day!

I know. the reactions from the knee-jerk religious fanatics are hilarious.

If I was God, I'd be laughing at you too.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join