It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carrie Prejean has just defeated Obama and the Left

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by THX-1138

So you're the reason every jackass starts yelling at me about homosexuals and god and other ridiculous garbage whenever anything remotely "conservative" comes out of my mouth.

Way to screw with minds of morons and twist the message of carried by those who are for limited government and personal liberty.

Take note those of you who buy his load of crap and label anyone with a gun in their home and a disdain for taxation a religious zealot, you too sound just as absurd as THX over here.

hey...this guyrighthere...i'm a liberal out in calif who owns guns and also believes in the constitution...and believe me, liberal and conservatives can live and work together just fine...it's the guys at the extremes of each party that are trying to seperate and divide us. maybe the vast majority of americans can put these whack-jobs on a reality show, that is located out in the desert somewhere and let them fight it out...we'll sell tickets and use the money to be equally divided up into scholarships and grants to colleges, for all the middle class and lower class kids that have the desire and intellect but not the money, to attend

[edit on 23-4-2009 by jimmyx]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by UFOTECH

...Homosexuals come from straight unions as well, you know. It's not just gay artificial insemination that can birth a gay child. It won't weed homosexuality out.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

An irrelevant competition rendered even further irrelevant by an irrelevant blogger/judge. I'm trying hard to see the relevance.

I don't think this has "defeated" anything. No one cares. If anything, Ms. Prejean ought to cut that blogger dude a check. About a thousand times more people will have heard of her due to this tempest in a teapot.

She'll get a whole lot more pub out of this than she would have by actually wining the contest, and he'll get even more as a result of his actions.

They're probably both in on it.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Having multiple wives has already been shown to be a basic tenet of the Mormans...it is patriarchal and mysogonistic, and rightfully should be illegal.

Hi Weedwhacker,

It is Mormons. Mormons do not practice polygamy and have not in well over a hundred years. In fact one of the tenants of the Church is to obey all laws where they live.

You have confused the tiny group of nut cases in a fake version of the Church with the real Church. I was raised Mormon, even though I no longer am a member and anyone commiting that act would be expelled. For some reason lots of people like to lie about that. I don't know why. Makes them feel cool I guess. Many books on the topic are pure lies. I guess lies sell to Evangelicals

On topic -

I personally could care less if Gays marry. Marry your dog if you want, I simply don't care if nobody is hurt. 70% of the country is opposed however. That means this girl simply agreed with a majority of Americans. Since this is Miss America and not Miss San Francisco, she should not be criticized for agreeing with the majority of the people in the country she would represent.

One thing that is true is that this in your face form of being Gay is just making it worse for Gays.

The real topic here should be how ridiculous these contests are in the first place and why does any intelligent person participate? I think the answer is that they don't. Intelligent people I mean.

I find Trump repulsive and if you remember correctly, there is always controversy around his projects. I believe he set this up personally. It worked too

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

An irrelevant competition rendered even further irrelevant by an irrelevant blogger/judge. I'm trying hard to see the relevance.

I don't think this has "defeated" anything. No one cares. If anything, Ms. Prejean ought to cut that blogger dude a check. About a thousand times more people will have heard of her due to this tempest in a teapot.

She'll get a whole lot more pub out of this than she would have by actually wining the contest, and he'll get even more as a result of his actions.

They're probably both in on it.

Irrelevant for most maybe, but I know what it is like to train most of your life for something and miss acheiving your goal by a point or two.

While I don't care about the contest I can appreciate the work they put into it. That is my reason anyway for caring a little by what happened.

If they are working together then they should be dealt with. If not then regardless of what fame she may get out of it. The dude may have cost her from reaching a goal she worked along time for.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by jd140

Perhaps I should have been more specific. I'm sure it was important to her. I'm addressing it from the position of the thread topic, which is "Carrie Prejean has just defeated Obama and the Left". In that context, it's irrelevant.

My kids have both won trophies that they worked long and hard for. And I'm as proud of them as I can be, and they have a sense of accomplishment. But to the rest of the world in general, it's irrelevant. Had they not won, for whatever reason, it would have been a blow to them, and I'd have been disappointed for them. But still irrelevant in the big picture.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Carrie Prejean hasn't defeated jack. Did anyone actually watch the clip of her answer, and compare it to the girl who won? I did, and truthfully it is so unfair that there is all this controversy about how she stood up for her beliefs and was robbed because of discrimination. Perhaps if the judges were discriminating against a lack of eloquence. Oh wait, that's the whole point of that segment of the pageant, to determine an ability to maintain grace and eloquence under pressure, or some such nonsense? Well, nevermind then.

Seriously, her answer was not that great. Not because she was against gay marriage, but because her answer itself was lame. She didn't even really answer the question asked of her, but went off on some meandering diatribe – after first extolling the greatness of Americans being able to choose either same sex marriage or “opposite marriage” (lol), she concludes by saying in her country marriage should be between a man and a woman. Okay... is choice great or not? Should gay marriage be legal or not? Civil unions? She didn't mention anything about her stance on the legalization of same sex marriages, which was the actual question put forth. And it really wasn't a loaded question; North Carolina was asked about bailouts, the other girl was asked about mandatory healthcare (and gave the most hilariously PC non-answer ever, and appropriately placed third after California). Boo hoo, California got the one that elicits the most controversial responses, but she's also Miss California – the state that brought the controversy of the gay marriage issue to the fore with all the Prop 8 nonsense – so she really should have had an answer that was much better at the ready, regardless of her position.

On top of it all, her dress was tacky. But then, I absolutely hate those kind of pageanty dresses that end up looking like a bedazzled mermaid getting married. North Carolina's was much classier and prettier, I thought. Apparently, the judges thought so too.

Besides that, I found the scores listed on Wikipedia. It would appear Miss California didn't win also because her body sucked way more than North Carolina's, and not just because of her tacky dress and thoughts on gay marriage... sour grapes I guess.

North Carolina SS 9.198 (1) EG 9.470 (1)
California SS 9.033 (3) EG 9.275 (2)
Arizona SS 9.092 (2) EG 9.189 (3)

I can't wait until this chick fades back into obscurity - hopefully taking the rabid din of such ignorant bigotry as has been demonstrated in this thread with her. No wonder the rest of the civilized world thinks Americans are a bunch of moronic retards they can't really stand!

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by UFOTECH

I for one have no problem with gay people so long at they are not raising children not their own or ones bred for them artificially by science.

You know what. Me and my lover Jay are going to have a kid. Theres a new thing out that they empty an egg so that it only takes the Hyper engeneered sperm. A hyper engeneered sperm is a sperm that has the genetic information of both males. It will have both Mine and Jays genes. Then get a surrogate to bear our child.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I honestly read this as "Carrier Pigeon has just defeated Obama and the Left."

I think I need new glasses...sheesh..

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SemperParatusRJCC

I for one have no problem with gay people so long at they are not raising children not their own or ones bred for them artificially by science.

You know what. Me and my lover Jay are going to have a kid. Theres a new thing out that they empty an egg so that it only takes the Hyper engeneered sperm. A hyper engeneered sperm is a sperm that has the genetic information of both males. It will have both Mine and Jays genes. Then get a surrogate to bear our child.

Sounds like you're having kids just to spite people.. interesting.

"Daddy, they pick on me at school because I don't have a mommy.."

"That's ok son, you're a HYPERSPERM Child!! Your other dad and I paid thousands to genetically engineer you! You are special!"

gak.. whatever, i spose...

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
No not to spite people. Just to make the fact known. Im not a spiteful person. I just wanted to prove my point. Case closed. Sorry if im acting like a "snip". Im just havent expressed my homosexuality lately.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

The crime of this is to nature and the poor offspring who would be the victim of you and your sex partner. What if you were aware that your franken-baby will be born without a soul? Would you still do this to it?

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

yeahright...."blogger dude..." That made me laugh, thanks.

Perez Hilton (an obvious stage name, or has no one mentioned it yet) is embarassing, in much of the same ways I get a cringe from Richard Simmons. The stereotype being perpetuated does a disservice to the rest of us...however, at least Mr. Simmons has more integrity in his little fiinger than 'Perez Hilton' will ever hope to imagine.

Miss Prejean is young....she may have a religious belief that dominates her young and naive view on marriage...so be it. She did not deserve the vileness directed at her by a prancing queen. (Maybe he was just jealous?)

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

Multiple 'Wife's' (sic)??? Always from the man's standpoint, erm?

Having multiple wives has already been shown to be a basic tenet of the Mormans...it is patriarchal and mysogonistic, and rightfully should be illegal.

But, again...WHY isn't OK to have multiple husbands? I never see that used as an example. "Oh no!!! Can't let Gays marry!!! Then all the women will want more than one husband!!!!"

Well, I think that a man should be able to have and keep as many wives as he can afford, and who are happy and content to live with him
I also say a woman can have as many husbands as she can afford to keep, and who are happy to stay with her - I think that situation is pretty rare though

Men are notoriously jealous - I think you would have trouble finding many men who would be happy to share a woman and live together, regardless of the material benefits.

In poor countries, its hard for men to afford a wife or child at all. This is generally where polygamy arises - when women struggle to find a man who has an income that can support a family. So women set aside their feelings of jealousy so they can have a family and security - its a personal choice.

Regardless- back to topic. The girl was courageous to answer how she did - perfectly fine, the question was intended to expose her personal choice, which was different from the PC mainstream. Those kind of beliefs are purely personal, and everyone is allowed to have their own opinion - so in defending one - I also defend gays rights to marry if they chose.

Sexuality and marriage are personal choices, only your own business.

[edit on 23-4-2009 by Amagnon]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I agree with you.. Marriage is a LEGAL contract, not a religious one. And the state has no right to deny specific people of a specific belief that they cannot enter into the same contract. Call it something different if you will, the legality of it is what makes it unconstitutional.

I really hope the Religious Conservatives (PLEASE stop placing these imbeciles in the same category as TRUE CONSERVATIVES like myself!) don't use her as a spokes person.. A 3rd grader could have formulated a better response!

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   

If you chose a same sex marriage, you should deal with the fact that it can't produce natural biological children. I have nothing against adoption - there's plenty of benefit in picking up a child who would otherwise may live a life without loving parents.

Your desire for children is normal - but your process to create one isn't.

Being homosexual is a genetic variant - and that variant is naturally checked in normal populations for obvious reasons.

I think its unethical to increase the population of a genetic variant that has a natural tendency towards extinction - whether its homosexuality, congenital infertility, or some other congenital condition that would in nature not replicate.

This is purely from a survival viewpoint - in the future we may again have to rely on humanities reproductive success - and we should never artificially lower our future capability.

[edit on 23-4-2009 by Amagnon]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

That's the most ignorant pile of bunk I've read on these boards in awhile. And that's saying a lot. You are lost my friend.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

Well..i just wanted to point out that I find your entire post absolutely disgusting..and disturbing.

It has nothing to do with God. It has to do with Constitutional rights. I highly doubt all homosexuals hate God.

You have some serious issues.

What does a same sex couple getting married do to you personally?

NOTHING.

Not a freaking thing.

If you are so bothered by it...let your God judge them for it...not you...you should be TOLERANT.

If anything...states should be dictating marriage rights...not the federal government.

Where in the Constitution does it say gays do not have the same rights as anyone else?

We live UNDER the Constitution...not the bible.

Freedom of religion and ideals....to ALL as long as it doesn't infringe on another's rights.

Seriously..don't dare speak the word Republic with the nonsense you just stated.

For those who actually believe in that word...you just tainted it.

You are right. This is about Constitutional Rights.

Perez Hilton has clearly shown that those pushing for so-called "gay rights" want more than just equal rights and equal protection under the Constitution. To bash someone for saying your lifestyle is wrong, is to deny Freedom of Speech. If you can't tell someone they are wrong, then you don't have Freedom of Speech.

The right to be wrong is a God given right. Telling anyone they are wrong is and integral part of Freedom of Speech. Freedom of Speech is worthless if everyone has to agree.

You claim to worry about the Constitution. Only one legislature passed a same sex marriage law. I guess I missed your criticisms of the courts for legislating homosexual marriage.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I would just like to point out that by no way is homosexuality a natural thing. It's a choice some people make that is against the very survival of the human race. If homosexuality was natural, we could reproduce that way. Wait, we can't though. Although the story is theoretical, it was Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I think this whole subject needs to be banned from the forum. Wether or not homosexuals are right or wrong or visa versa has no place on any forum. No matter which side the topic is voiced from the other side will scream inequality. My personal view is that both sides are wrong. FYI: this country was founded on biblical standards. The greatest travisty is the seperation so persons can allow their own predjudices to taint their transelation of the bible. While you all(including perez hilton and all the holy thumpers) are flapping your lips about something that you should just mind your own business about,your hate is infecting the very cause you set out to progress. BOTH SIDES. This is a free country. Let it remain that way. Christians,read your bible and learn to love as God did. Homosexuals mind your business and quit shoving your sexual preferance in others face. Bigotry takes two sides to commit. By the way, legally perez hiltons video statement should have incriminated him and withdrawn his vote as a judge. His personal views should not have affected his questions.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join