It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Carrie Prejean has just defeated Obama and the Left

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1
Marriage is a contract between two consenting adults and the state.

You mean the state isnt god? Somebody should inform them of this.

In the realm of the here and now it doesnt get much more god-like than the state and the IRS.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ExistenceUnknown

My freind there are many different types of love. I love many people differently, and I cant find the words that I wish to say so I hope you kind of understand what I am saying.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet

My freind there are many different types of love. I love many people differently, and I cant find the words that I wish to say so I hope you kind of understand what I am saying.

I understand that, but who are you to say that two people can't love each other romantically if they are the same sex?

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

No I did not read his entire post. I am sorry for jumping the gun on that.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I am sorry for not reading your whole post threw. I jumped the gun and concede your point.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Guys...it doesn't matter.

I don't care if someone married their dog or cat...I DON"T CARE...NO ONE SHOULD.

It doesn't matter if I think it's right or wrong....although we can all voice our opinion...because once again...we all have that right...although with the kind of words that the OP stated...looks like some are willing to trample on that for their own personal beliefs...religiously based or not.

As long as this isn't done in my living room...I could care less. Let people be.

Isn't that what everyone wants?

People just want to live life as freely as they can.

For cripes sakes...

LET THEM.

We will be a better people..and country for it.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet

No I did not read his entire post. I am sorry for jumping the gun on that.

No harm no foul. You should really check out the waters here in the libertarian pool. This idea that because people don't agree with what you are doing it should be outlawed is ridiculous. Our (libertarian) philosophy says that if you do not infringe on the rights of other people then you should be free to do what you wish (i.e. own guns, use illegal substances, be gay and miserably married like the rest of us.:roll

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
This is a perfect example why they need to seperate the concepts of civil union (government license) and marriage (religious). There is too much overlap right now, and by making this seperation it will help resolve a lot of conflicts.

Civil Union would give the couple (no matter the sex of the partners) the legal rights a couple should have in the US.

Marriage handles the religious aspects.

There should be a seperation of church and state, but people hold onto traditions. These traditions need to get caught up to the 21st century.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

If they are of the same sex and want to be intimate thats there choice. Has I mentioned earlier as an American I belive they should have there civil unions. But the majority of Americans Say Marriage is between one man and one women and no liberal court or hollywood media should try and change that.

Maybe one day we can all see past race, sex, or sexual preference but it seems like today isnt that day.

And personally I work with gays, and served with two in the military and hold nothing personal against them I do not like there gay lifestyle and thats the only fault with them I do not like does not mean that I will not continue to be there friends of there choice. I hope I am making some since here.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I agree, but in this instance she was asked her opinion about the subject and she answered honestly. Perez Hilton might have cost her something she has worked for her entire life and then trashed her on his blog (which from what I gathered on Celebrity Apprentice is a major blog) the next day calling her alot of vile names.

In this instance he had an agenda and carried it out.

And yes I watch celebrity apprentice and enjoy the crap out of it.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

I am sorry for not reading your whole post threw. I jumped the gun and concede your point.

No harm done...and thanks for acknowledging.

People just need to step away...get away from what is spewed at them on television...what they've been told what is right and wrong.

Just look at the Constitution....that piece of paper has given us more freedom than any country in history...let's not ruin it...let's make it better.

Yes it wasn't followed right from the start as indicated by civil rights and slavery....but our constitution (in words) does not look at race..sex...religion....it looks at the individual...and each individual's rights.

It's the most important freedom to all of us.

We need to be tolerant of things we may not like.

If someone wants to be...then they have that right...if they want to get married...it's not bothering me any....let them be happy...let them not feel persecuted.

It's fair....it's right....it's Liberty!

People should embrace it....not pick it apart.

If we continue to do that....before you know it we will all be oppressed for something we feel is unjust.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Regardless of personal beliefs the bottom line is this woman was the victim of obvious outright discrimination. She lost due to the honest answer she gave for her religoius beliefs.

There was no freedom of religion in this case. The fact that she is facing defamation for her allowable and legal belief is what should be the topic here.

She has every right to sue and I hope she does. This is just as classic as reverse racism. Calling her an idiot or any other name is ludicrous and shameful.

Can you imagine if she said she believes in and was for gay marriage and lost the contest because of it. All hell would have broken loose, riots and lawsuits coming out of no where. But oh no........... she is straight and believes marriage should be between a woman and a man, then she deserves to lose and how dare she?

Who would have ever thought that a person could be ridiculed for such a horrible thought. Political correctness has gone awry.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by PowerSlave

Ya know, Power....I completely agree that Perez Hilton is way off-base, here. He's a snippy, fat ugly queen who is an embarassment not only to Humanity, but to most Gay people. He didn't 'choose' to be Gay, no one does. But, he DID choose to be nasty and vindictive....and there was no cause for it.

He is a free, of course, to say what he wants to...just as we all are. If he wishes to destroy his credibility, (as if he had any to begin with) so be it.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   

THANK YOU for once again being the voice of reason David! All she did was show how ignorant people who oppose gay marriage are. Once again, I issue the challenge to the anti-gay crew, kindly make one single cogent, logical argument against gay marriage and I will apologize and buy you dinner.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by secretagent woooman

THANK YOU for once again being the voice of reason David! All she did was show how ignorant people who oppose gay marriage are. Once again, I issue the challenge to the anti-gay crew, kindly make one single cogent, logical argument against gay marriage and I will apologize and buy you dinner.

"We live in a land where you can choose same-sex marriage or opposite. And you know what, I think in my country, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman. No offense to anybody out there, but that's how I was raised."

I don't see how that was ignorant at all. She was asked her opinion and she gave an honest reply. Just because you don't agree with it doesn't make it ignorant.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

It does when you offer no reasoning as to why you believe that. Claiming it was how you were raised is a sloppy cop-out.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Why do people of any sex need the state or the church to approve their marriage ?

Why is married considered a more desirable position to being not married ?

Marriage does not equal freedom

Marriage equals state approved relationship

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWRHINO
Why do people of any sex need the state or the church to approve their marriage ?

Why is married considered a more desirable position to being not married ?

Marriage does not equal freedom

Marriage equals state approved relationship

Amen... Amen...

Also, THIS:
(NSFW-Language)

-Edrick

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by THX-1138
This homosexual agenda is bad for America and bad for all religions. The only thing the homosexual agenda does is weaken America and embolden our enemies.

I have an agenda? Did I miss a memo somewhere?

I am a lesbian, I have been out for.. uhhh 18 years. Been with my partner for 13 years and we havent gotten an email/memo not even a 'post it' note. Now I'm really mad!!

marriage is a wonderful institution, IF you dont mind being institutionalized

[edit on 22-4-2009 by ImzadiDax]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
This nation IS in trouble if some of you are looking at beauty contestants for wisdom and leadership. Who CARES what some fake baked, bleached blonde in a dog and pony show says? Why is this news? Who CARES what she believes? People believe all sorts of things.

And everyone knows that these contestants have vapid little sound bytes that they are expected to vomit out during the 'hey let's see if she has a brain' segment of the show. It's usually some crap about babies or world peace or their aspirations to be a puppy and kitten doctor. Anyone breaking that expectation no MATTER WHAT WAS ASKED, would have been frowned upon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join