It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look there is no such thing as privacy... OK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Look, we have two major server farms, full of thousands of Cray Computer Systems... there is only 6.5 billion people on earth.... why do they need all this computing power around Washington DC... who the heck knows, but to manage all 6.5 billion people with maybe 2 or 3 entries each per year... well, I had a long thought process about these two server farms and I have came to a some what firm conclusion that...... well, if you use a computer ..... your feeding their computers.... the more we feed the more stronger this entity gets.... so, NO Way on Gods Green Earth ... do you have privacy.... period... you dont.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I can see what your getting at. I guess the only way to keep your privacy is to be discrete about what you expose to the internet.

-E-

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by BornPatriot

It also does not help that a right to privacy is not in the Constitution, and many judges agree to that outlook. We need to keep diligent on this one, as they do keep tabs on all the developed world. The only ones who do not have tabs kept on are the third world country residents.

They can spy on you with the following:

1. Digital cable boxes tell them what channels you watch.

2. Phones that are turned on can be tracked and recorded.

3. Registries record where you have been online.

4. Every purchase made with a debit or credit card is recorded, along with each item bought. Using the grocer card for a discount also records what one just bought.

5. Toll booths record all the cars that go through them. Everyone now needs an ID to board a form of long distance transportation (which is recorded). It won't be long before regular mass transit requires an ID.

6. Cameras are everywhere, some in plain view and others are hidden. They record every move one makes. They now have face identifying software to find out where you have been.

7. Unwarranted wiretaps are now widely accepted. Even President Obama voted for a form of it. So much for change on this front.

All this and more for the unwinnable and unending war on terror, brought to you by Big Brother, manufacturers of the Patriot Act.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
It isn't that I am worried about them seeing and storing what I am looking at... It is just the principle behind the situation. Its sad to see that since the government has the the capabilities, they take it to the max to spy and pry into our lives. I don't think it will be much longer until these boards will become "red flags" for them and that many "possible home-grown terrorists" are in the midst. I bet I'm already on a list somewhere for being on this site and researching information about the government corruption on the internet.

[edit on 22-4-2009 by Xenocrates]

new topics

top topics

join