It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteor to Earth impact simulation video clip

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
This is a really cool video of what would happen if a massive meteor hit the Earth. Im sure alot of you have already seen this video but I will post it for those who have not.

Also, at the end it says that evidence shows this has happened to Earth at least 6 times. That also makes me think of how many civilizations were on Earth at one time, and either got destroyed.. or had to leave!

link to video

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

I have never seen that, thanks for posting it!

That is a very scary scenario. If his has happened before it does make me wonder as well as to all the other civilizations that have been here before. Where they destroyed and/or how many left and where did they go?

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Please don't take this the wrong way...but I believe that you 2 may be the only people left on this Earth who has not seen this before.
This is actually fairly old now. Sorry.

[edit on 4/22/2009 by CaptGizmo]

[edit on 4/22/2009 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo
You're right, its been around for quite a while.

What I don't get is how the whole Earth is enveloped in an encompassing ring of fire, especially seeing how that monster tsunami helped kick up all that water...

Oh well.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
There is a bunch of them on the web.. i don't remember this one specifically, i thought this one was new. Anyway, its there if anyone wants to see it.

I was just more curious about the ending where it said this has happened 6 times. I knew the earth has gotten hit by meteors, but I was not aware the Earth has (allegedly) been obliterated 6 times.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
the gods would never let that happen to one of the last survivng mortal realms,

and besides, everything in that video is very much out of proportion,
An asteroid the actual size of the one in that video would be actually be a small planet,
and it wouldnt so much cause an extinction-level event, it would be more of a planetary-splitting event destroying the actually sphere of the earth

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
That is one HUGE meteor. Realistically, chances are if we get hit, it will be by a rock 100's of times smaller than that one.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
i would really like to think that we as a civilization have the technological means to mitigate against this sort of event.... with enough warning and correct division of the meteors orbit. i hope anyways

[edit on 22-4-2009 by nzldude]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
As someone pointed out...the proportions are askew. This would be a small moon or planetary body. This would be tracked easily as it is so large. To my knowledge the earth ha never been struck with something this large. The material is ejected out into space and them it falls back down to earth which would encompass the entire globe. A tsunami would not stop the atmosphere from turning into something resembling Hades. In essence it would be like someone stuck you into the hottest oven in the world in a moments time. You would be turned to a cinder very quickly.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

The last time a body that large hit the earth it formed the moon.
It remelted the entire surface of the earth
It would be the end of ALL LIFE on this planet for at least billion of years if not for good.
such a thing may have happend to venus in the past 100 million years or so, its surface shows signs of being remelted after the planet formed

top topics

join