It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chamcook Mountain/CFB Gagetown

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Not far from where I'm currently living there's a small mountain famous in local legend as being of spiritual significance in various different ways. Strange phenomena are reportedly commonplace, and though I've been on the mountain twice I've personally never experienced anything noteworthy, it does tend to trigger the "something's up" reflex in your gut.

Reported phenomena include:
-"Bigfoots"
-UFO and UGO (Unidentified Ground Object) activity, including a multiple sighting (without documentation) of what a friend of mine called, quote, "Some sort of Ground Effect MBT".
-Bird mutilations

In addition, the mountain and the town itself (St. Andrews-by-the-Sea) are considered haunted and there's more than a handful of buildings in town that trigger the same "something's up" gut reaction. Oddly enough there's been an increased military presence in town, though that could be related to the college where I work, since they've been recruiting.

A friend of mine has also claimed to see a "sensor pole" near the top of Chamcook, fenced off and in a hard-to-reach area that would need climbing gear. This is not unreasonable and weather monitoring is common from high peaks in my neck of the woods.

The mountain can be seen with a good set of binoculars from my porch, and also on the US side of the border from Calais, Maine. It is particularly popular to view the mountain from the roof of the College as well, since there are monthly fireworks shows from the bay at it's feet.

I've scoped the mountain from that standpoint before and it's my opinion that there's something there. There's one cave in particular midway up the slope that seems to only be there when it wants to be.

I don't place much stock in aliens, so I think these UGO and UFO phenomena are military-related.

Possibly connected: Staff numbers at CFB Gagetown have doubled, but strangely nothing's actually happening there. All the training for Afghanistan's in Alberta at their new "simulated afghanistan" farm. In fact, the base seems to be going about business as usual, and as near as a local friend can tell, guard patrols are still the same size as always.

Perhaps they're using the CFB Gagetown designation for the forces at Chamcook?

Anyone else noticing anything weird in the Charlotte County area?

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I live in the area and have lived here for my whole life and haven't heard any of these legends. I don't live in Gagetown or St. Andrews though. I live in Fredericton. I can offer a small piece of insight into the staff number increases. A number of friends of mine are now employed and working on base in the new e-learning division. They're developing courses for the base. I can't be any more specific than that but I assure you there is nothing sinister or out of the ordinary being developed there.

That accounts for some of the staff increase anyway.

Edit: spelling and clarity

[edit on 22-4-2009 by flybynight]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Have you tried looking at the place from above in Google Earth.

GE has a pretty good resolution over CFB Gagetown, a good friend of mine trained there a lot a few years ago and made a aerial tour of the place ... it might be a good place to start.

join