It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Nano skins" -- mark of the beast?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Conspiracy theorists and people on ATS alike have been talking about the "mark of the beast" as some sort of implanted RF antenna of some kind. They also point to things like dangerous vaccines and dysfunction of the pituitary gland. What if the "mark of the beast" were actually something that the people would willingly to accept, like a high-tech tattoo ? Both tattoos and the iPod Nano became popular at the same time around 2006, when nano skins first came out. Coincidence?

www.hplusmagazine.com...

Nano Tattoos

Written By: Kristi Scott

Being forgetful, I frequently find myself writing reminders on my hand or anywhere else I can. This past week I wrote and rewrote the same word on my left hand every day, and I still forgot when it came time to remember. However, my hand still shows faint ink marks, which are now lingering and constantly reminding me of how forgetful I can be.

Thankfully, the invention I need to eradicate this dependence on a pen and my hand is in the works. Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute has been working on what they are calling “nano skins,” a composite of nanotubes and polymers. Their invention is flexible and thin enough to fit underneath the skin, without losing the ability to conduct electricity. That’s a lot of work for something so incredibly small. With these attributes, the potential real world applications of the technology are simply awesome.

Among the uses envisioned for the "nano skins" are facial or hand displays. These displays would be synched to a WPAN, or Wireless Personal Area Network. (Yes, you would become wireless.) There would be a display driver implanted to receive signals and allow you and others to communicate wirelessly. This would allow you to send information about remembering things instantly or communicate to someone else discretely, receiving a friend’s text to your hand instead of your phone. However, upgrading your texting capabilities is not all that this display driver would be good for. You could also have the option to communicate back to your friend your mood. That way, they won’t have to ask how you are doing; they can just take one quick look and know. Unless, that is, you’ve forgotten to update it, then you would literally be sending mixed signals and your friends may not appreciate that.

Resources:

Nano Skins
news.rpi.edu...

Koninklijke Philips Electronics
www.design.philips.com...
yista.com...
english.ohmynews.com...

[mod edit: clipped quoted content]
Mod Note: Quoting External Sources – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 22-4-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

[edit on 22-4-2009 by vcwxvwligen]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Sounds cool to me, sign me up. Seriously, evil or not, I am a tech geek and this is sweeet

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Absolutely amazing technology! I as an artist find this technology revolutionary and I cant possibly imagine what I would do and create with it, if I got my hands on it

Mark of the beast? Nope

The fruits of human progression? Yes!

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by vcwxvwligen

I rather believe the RFD-Chip or the RFD-Tattoo to be the Mark than this. Remember; No one will be able to by or sell anything without it.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Nightchild

Do you mean RFID?

This would be more convenient than an ink tattoo, because it could be conveniently altered or even blanked out.

Come to think of it, I wonder what kind of impact being scanned over and over with radio waves would have on somebody's health. It's safer to be optically scanned using visible red light, I think. A device like this could even be scanned passively, by emitting blinking visual patterns at certain frequencies. It could be like the YouTube busy symbol.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Oh yes, RFID, I meant. Darn it.

Well, it is ofcourse a possibilty, if it would be introduced together with some sort of law saying you have to have the Tattoo as means of identification and thus, to be able to by.

Or maybe The Mark is ALL three versions: The Chip, the RFID-Tattoo and the Nano-Tattoo. After all, the Bible said that there would be different versions of the Mark, but that they all would be applyed with a stinging or pricking action.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
RFID Tagging of individuals I would be completely against for myself. Same goes for GPS Tagging.

Nano-Skin Hand Displays, on the other hand...sign me up!

I'd even let my 11 year old daughter get one if she wanted.

It's not often that a bit of Tech News gets me excited, but this is one of those rare occasions. (Now, if we can get those Flying Cars and personal Jet Packs Science has promised us for 60 years I'll be totally stoked!)

Then again, I'm not worried about any "Mark of the Beast". I know where my Immortal Ka, Ba, Khu, Khabs, Ab, Ren and so forth are going after death. I'm personally more concerned about Privacy Rights than vague religious implications in an even vaguer Vision from a First Century Prophet/Seer. So, maybe I'm just not seeing how Sub-Dermal Hand Displays could be considered anathema by the Neo-Luddite population.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
If you are worried about this tech being the mark of the beast, then toss out your cell phone, pda, blue tooth, credit/debit cards and get a vehicle without an advanced computer module.

A WPAN has the same limits on it that any other digital transmitting product on the market.

"Yes, you would become wireless"

Just think about how much technology you do or can carry around with you, plugged into your ear or car, that already makes you wireless.

This is more along the lines of old comic book fantasy heros coming to modern day.

I think we already carry our mark of the beast today in our mostly cashless society. You can perform about 95% of all of your financial transactions in your life without ever seeing or touching a coin or bill today.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by wheresthetruth

Slippery-slope argument, and bandwagon fallacy

Americans don't live in a cashless society. Going cashless is merely an option at this point.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Let's see... atheism is a tool for the illuminati (a lack of belief lol) and nano skin tech which is in its infancy is gonna be the mark of the beast...

BTW, a lack of belief DOES make one an atheist.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by miragezero

Atheism is not a lack of belief. It is a belief that supernatural powers do not exist. People who lack belief are not atheists, but nihilists. There is a difference.

new topics

top topics

join