It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM News Reporter and Cameraman Detained - Filmed Military with Police at Accident

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
A news reporter and the cameraman were detained and taken downtown, when they were reporting at an accident. The police came up and told them to leave, though there were many other people watching on the side of the road.

There was an overturned tractor trailer, they were reporting on, people in military fatigues were part of the group who responded to the accident. A video is in the link, at the very end when the camera is forced on the ground by the police officer, you can see a person in military fatigues pass in front of the camera.

So a "police state" is also affecting our MSM reporters too, it seems.

link to article:
www.kvia.com...

An ABC-7 crew covering a crash on I-10 on Monday unwillingly became part of the story.

Motorists stuck in traffic witnessed veteran journalist Darren Hunt and photojournalist Ric Dupont being handcuffed and detained.

Just after 1:30 p.m., the two arrived to report on a flipped semi-truck on I-10 West near the Sunland Park exit. They parked on the left shoulder of the eastbound lanes of I-10 as witnesses ran toward victims to offer help.

A pregnant woman sat on the side of the freeway, sobbing, and, according to a witness, several men in military fatigues helped pull the driver of the semi-truck out of the cab.

As emergency crews tended to the driver, police Sgt. Raul Ramirez told the ABC-7 crew from across the barrier to leave. Several people and half a dozen cars were also stopped on the eastbound shoulder.

Darren continued to try to get information from the men in fatigues when the situation began to escalate. The sergeant jumped the barrier and told Darren to get in the truck (an ABC-7 news unit) and leave, then held Darren with his hands behind his back to the side of the truck belonging to a witness that was parked on the shoulder.

"I'm not doing anything," Darren said repeatedly.

Darren and Ric were handcuffed, read their Miranda rights and taken to the Westside Regional Command Center. They were released within a few minutes. The entire incident lasted about an hour.

A direct link to video of event:
www.kvia.com... ws&d1=135800&LaunchPageAdTag=News&activePane=info&rnd=7331686

I would like to hear about why the military was with the police at the accident.

Did it involve one of their vehicles?

Is the filming of them with the police the reason why the reporter was detained?

The detaining, seems very unreasonable.

What could have been the real reason behind this?

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Existing threads found here:

Feel free to add comments and opinions there.

Closed.

join