It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British 'terrorist' suspects released

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

British 'terrorist' suspects released

www.brisbanetimes.com.au

ALL 12 men arrested in armed, daylight raids to thwart what the British Prime Minister, Gordon Brown, described as "a very big terrorist plot" have been released without charge.

The men were all taken into custody on April 8 in an operation launched prematurely after Scotland Yard's counter- terrorism boss, Bob Quick, accidentally exposed details of the plan to the lenses of Downing Street photographers as he visited Mr Brown for a briefing.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
one more proof of the false flag operations directed by MI5. once every few months we hear about the suspects taken into the custody by british or american police officers. and we are informed that it prevented from the almost imminent terrorist attack.

and in silence they are releasing the "terrorists" after a while. why they really do it? to keep us in fear? to let us belive that the governmet is our only protector agains evil foreign crazy cave people? to let us live with a knowledge that any signes of protest agains of the ruling powers can be taken as a evidence of our "terrorist" plans and than punished?

911 was an inside job. and london attacks too. the imaginary "terrorist" exists only when they are directed by the government itself. but it is a great tool to keep us under control and silent.

www.brisbanetimes.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Yep they released them, and they had absolutely no proof whatsoever, they would do anything.

The people that run society are pure scum, and they can target anyone they want. I wonder do these people have to live with this the rest of there lifes even though they did nothing.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

they will be kicked out of Great Britain so their lifes will change dramaticaly without any doubt. and obvioulsy for the relatives and friends they will always be a "uncertain" persons. especially after all the interrogations the families had to go through for sure. and all of this without any kind of evidence. insane times we are living in. it is like the Germany in 1940 or Orwell 1984. but this time it is very real.
thanks for reply

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
MOST terror suspects are released without charges. Both in the UK and here in the US as well.

Surely that tells us something about the 'security' machinery in place.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
MOST terror suspects are released without charges. Both in the UK and here in the US as well.

Surely that tells us something about the 'security' machinery in place.

Those detained in the UK, about 2%, had either outstanding warrants for none related matters or something illegal was found such as weed or pirate DVDs. Of the thousand plus rounded up with great fanfare, about 20 had either direct connections with Pakistani suspects or have been to Pakistan. This does not include the tens of thousands of Muslim students, shop keepers, workers, professionals rotated through a system of direct surveillance, secret background checks and investigations that includes questioning neighbours, teachers, employers and associates all done under the Official Secrets Act.

While the government sets the tone and provokes this malaise of paranoia and xenophobia, lesser officials embark on these programmes of subjugating innocent people who have nothing to do with nothing.

We had the IRA bombings going off on a weekly basis yet innocent Irish people were largely left alone but in this situation the bile of racists and bigots have been allowed to rise to fight in the dream world of the War on Terror.

This is truly the Politics of Fear engaged to shaft the general population who are too stupid to realise what's in store for them.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Its a damn bloody shame what this society has become. The killing of wise innocent people and the arrests of normal average people is really sickening. Is there no way these people who were accused of terrorism can now sue the state for slander... I mean if they were innocent?@

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
If anyone has studied Arthur Miller's The Crucible in College or at University, I see parallels in these cases. The Crucible linked the old hysteria of witch trials with the 50s paranoia of Communist witch-hunts and illustrated the ways history repeats itself. The history books and political analyses look harshly at the methods of scapegoating used to unite a majority over a minority for political expediencies.

How will a more objective analysis of our times interpret the repeated arrests, media panics and erosion of civil liberties? That so many people can be arrested, detained and then released without charges is reminiscent of McCarthy's heyday.

Who can say how all this will play out? I'm concerned that the history books of the future will define the 2000s as a period of political exploitation and media hysteria.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
well I just would like to thank you all for the posts to that thread. I found all of it a really valuable input. thanks once again.

and Kandinsky - I think it is exactly as you say. if the history books in future will do exist I frankly belive that our "terrorism" will be compared to the witchhunt from middle ages.

top topics

join