It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's with the news?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I was watching the news today, and I realized something...
Every single report was about a murder, death, and violence.
Out of all the reports there were 2 that weren't bad, but not good either.
Where's all the good news? All I see is Sadness and violence on the news.
Now that I realize this, it's been like this for a long time hasn't it?

It's nauseating.
It appears most of this country has gone ape-(snip)
What are your thoughts?

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 22-4-2009 by asala]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I don't know that it has worsened during the past few years; it seems to have been this way for as far back as I'm able to remember. The constant influx of new reports of violence really help to produce an unabated state of paranoia among citizens. A fearful populace is an easily controlled populace, and those who are fearful are also more inclined to lash out in their own acts of violence. It's a nice little circle for those who want to maintain control.

As much as I wish it wasn't true, I've definitely been affected by it. I'm a small female and I'm absolutely concerned about victimization. After a while, it becomes a feeling of danger on all sides. It's a mindset of "Am I next?". I've decided that I just can't leave any random news channel on anymore, for the sake of my sanity, and instead do a more selective digging for news via the internet or rely on a few programs that I know are more inclined toward political reporting.

It's beneficial to be aware of dangers, but the frequency of exposure that we see is unnecessary. The general media presents a decidedly harmful energy to the public.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I dont even know. I don't even watch T.V anymore because of it. It hurts me to think how far we have come as a species and how fast we have fallen. Something big is happening, what I am not sure, but I know without a shadow of a doubt, things are going to get a hell of a lot worse before they get better.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Shakezoola

Most people are morbid whether they want to admit it or not. Did you ever drive by a wreck and peak over to see the carnage. Most people don't want to hear about what is good and is right, let's face it most of the time it is boring. Anything that comes on the TV can't be boring or we want watch it.

Everything is about ratings. How to you get ratings so people what they want to see. The murders, the drugs, escaped criminals. Just my opinion.

[edit on 22-4-2009 by Ant4AU]

new topics

top topics

join