It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Budget suitcase worn out now?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I have a feeling that this might be a rather stupid question but have a look at the images below of Gordon Brown when he was chancellor of the exchequer.

As you can see we have a nice fresh looking budget suitcase when Gordon Brown was chancellor and also when there were positive outlook budgets in the past here but what about todays budget suitcase seen in the BBC news article?

news.bbc.co.uk...

Is this some sort of psychological tool being used, grim budget, use the torn worn out suitcase? Good budget, use the nice neat new suitcase?

Im just wondering if anyone knows why the suitcase now looks like some bankers have been humping it and it was found in a sewage pipe?

Is the UK in that much of a mess that it cannot repair a budget suitcase or was this always the case with the briefcase?

[edit on 22-4-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Yep good spot, you never know with the brits as they are all into the occult stuff, maybe your right.

Good spot, i wonder is the uk budget mentioned all over the world?

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

The original briefcase was made for William Gladstone in around 1860, but in 1997 Gordon Brown ordered a new briefcase.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Whatever is in the box, is never good news.

Never has been, never will be.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Daisy-Lola

If this is the case is it not strange.

Here we have 2007 budget photo

In 2008, one year later, it turned into this?

I can only think that they might be using the old one but if that is the case, why?

[edit on 22-4-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I tried doing a google search etc for any information regarding this but did not find an explanation.

I understand this is just a suitcase but it is actually annoying me

Any info from anyone?

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
They are using both cases.

Yesterdays pre-budget media shots were of Alistair with the new case. They must be somewhere now but I can't find them.
There are some small pics on the BBC but they are now yesterday's news.

Today he's gone with the old one. Maybe for nostalgia, maybe because Gordon bought the last one, or maybe there are really two budgets. One public, one real.

Not good news whatever the case maybe.

(terrible... sorry)

new topics

top topics

join