It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question about the IRS .... Why dont they just pass a law...?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
this question has haunted me ever since I asked the IRS the same question.... since there is no law, and the 16th Ammendment was never passed.... its already totally illegal, so why dont they just pass the law to make it official... >>>???

they already have all the power they need to ignore any law they wish too.... the lower courts have so ruled they work for thsi illegal element. so simply, pass a law requiring every person to work and to give what ever pay they may make to this entity...

What Rightous Force is Keeping Them From This Action....?

[edit on 22-4-2009 by BornPatriot]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by BornPatriot

I rather suspect for a couple reasons, a couple that come to mind for me is ......

Acknowledge that the collection of taxes were/are ILLEGAL in the first place.

Admit all the police action taken on people were also then unlawful and have to make reparations.....

Not sure but it would be ugly anyway you slice it if they actually tried to now make it a formal law.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
What politician is going to pen that?
What politician is going to introduce it?
What politician is going to vote for it?
Do you really think you can get a Complex Majority of Congress (3/4ths) to get on board?

It would be political suicide to touch anything having to do with making the IRS a legitimate and legal entity. Politicians are self-preservationists above all else and can be trusted to look after their careers first and foremost.

Besides, as others mentioned, justification is another word for admittance of guilt. If a politician can't state definitively their stance on an issue, do you think they are going to admit to guilt?

Lastly, it would represent double taxation (as it already does). Labor wasn't meant to be taxed and ethically shouldn't. You are more likely to see politicians spout Tax Reform in either the guise of a Flat-Tax or a dissolving Income Tax altogether and going for a Consumption/Consumer Tax on non-essential items and services (much like a Federal Sales Tax). You would still have to file with the IRS, to itemize exemptions like the purchase of a first home, but for most, it would alleviate the paperwork, the frustration, and the financial burden...but those with 5 homes, a dozen Ferraris, and a large caviar habit are going to be hating it (too bad for them).

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
They Made Being An American a Crime... PATRIOT ACT... not once but Twice... PAI & PAII... not to mention the various other rights we may or maynot have had... a firm heave ho.... and this list is really Long... let me just say NANCY PELOSI... ok... go back and listen to what she said before she was elected... (basically why the people of Ca sent her there in the first place) ok, now look at her Record since she has been there... OK.... these can not be the same person... I'm sorry... something else is going on... and I want to know what it is....

[edit on 22-4-2009 by BornPatriot]

new topics

top topics

join