It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Town-Required Reading

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I sincerely wish that everyone everywhere would read and take a close look at this photographic essay. It has altered my perceptions and thoughts at least for today.

Thank You,

TUT

www.angelfire.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
That was very interesting to look at...and shocking. Thanks for the link.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
after reading this, it really makes you think about life and how fast it can be taken away from one minor human error, that can in turn create massive destruction.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Wow. Thanks for sharing the link, tut. Amazing story, and great photographs that compliment it perfectly.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Very good read! I remember doing a paper about the Chernobal accident in school! This puts a human element to all those worsd I had read!

Thanks

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   
read the whole thing. Liked it, it would be interesting to ride through a place like that where quiet reflection is all that's left.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
It is an amazing read. You can book a tour that will take you to the same places. I was planning to go, but my wife won't let me

www.ukrcam.com...

This has been posted here before, btw.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Still a good read, though.

[Edited on 24-4-2004 by Zzub]

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Yes that was an amazing, intreguing journey of pictures at that site.

The photo's speak so many volumes and the commentary was excellent.

I begin to think back and wonder about all those other ancient cities that are discovered, and without reason or rhyme of why they were deserted. Gives me thoughts of other reasons that we have yet to know of, that may be similar except thousands of years ago.

I wonder what the historians will say in 600-1000 years when populations begin to slowly migrate back to the area, if they ever do.

I really enjoyed this and it was very thought provoking.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Those last pictures really hit me hard, childrens' (who probably died in a few months) toys left behind, to remind whoever sees them that we are all human, even nuclear scientists, and that we all make mistakes. Quite sad really ... imagine going to the bustling and noisy downtown of your city only to hear silence and see no signs of life. How freaky.

[Edited on 26-4-2004 by xenophanes85]

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
really interesting, amazing!!

I'm in Pennsylvainia USA....about 2 hours drive east of the 3 mile island site although i was only 1 year old at that time, I heard stories that, they paid a team of people, a bunch of money to run in and man a bunch of valves. But I think those people actually became very ill later and died? anyone else here that?

I guess it goes without say, but I also heard that it was down to minutes and the rods would have melted through the facility and and probably kept melting clear through to the other side of the planet???

and now I found out on here that they want to stockpile spent plutonium in a tunnel in arizona or new mexico?

forgot to add I also live about 2 miles west of the limerick powerplant wich fuels most of philadelphia, since 911 they have had military patrolmen there,

I guess most powerplants sit close to a body of water of some sort?
what a stupid design,
wouldnt it make more sense and be safer to pump the water from a long distance as to not contaminate a natural body of water, I guess either way if somthing happens, radiation finds it way into everything no matter what huh?
I wonder if theres any coralation between atom and adam???

[Edited on 10-5-2004 by Qlone]

posted on May, 11 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I first heard about this in a magazine that comes with the mail on sunday, it's pretty haunting, especially chapter 6 and chapters 12 - 27, i'm not sure waht else to say about it, it's pretty awe inspiring.

new topics

top topics

join