It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police say mom ordered daughters out, drove off

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by chise61

I don't know how many times I can stress this one point, where the girl was let off an where Scarsdale is are on opposite parts of White Plains. 3 miles away in the direction of scarsdale is the Westchester County Centre Convention Arena. Its actually another 2.5 miles from there down route 100 and into Greenburgh where you even hit the Scarsdale village line.

or to hit the other side of Scarsdale up the other end of Post Road, 3.1 miles, you have to walk through one of the most drug infested portion of the city.

The papers don't exactly do that justice.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Recent News on this story.

www.findingdulcinea.com...

Primoff’s lawyer said she “absolutely was not abandoning her children,” when she asked them to leave the car, according to The Journal News.

In fact, she just drove around the block, but when she came back, she could only find her 12-year-old daughter. The sisters had separated, and Primoff’s 10-year-old daughter had been found by someone else and taken to an ice cream parlor.

Primoff checked the area, and then sought her husband and father’s help in finding the other girl. When she called authorities, she learned that the youngster had been taken to the police station.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
So, again, what was this woman arrested for?

If the neighborhood where this woman let her daughters out is sooo bad, that driving around the block leaving a 10 year old and and 12 year old out on the sidewalk is child endangerment, then, is this like a special child free zone? Are there children who live in those neighborhoods? If the police are driving down the street and see a child out on the street in such a neighborhood, do they pick up the child and take the child to the police station. Do they arrest the parents for the child being allowed to walk around in such a neighborhood?

Are there special signs that indicate zones where children must always be with a parent or guardian?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

it would be a farce and totaly a non starter if and only if witnesses hadn't seen her dive off in a straight line twords the highway. One block in that area does not leave enough time for a child to wander off if you just drive around it.

takea bout 32 seconds (clocked it the other day when I was in White Plains) to drive around the block there, I don't know any child or police officer that could in a 32 second time frame disapear or pick up a kid.

As for it being a child free zone, no it's not, I just wouldn't drop my kids off there for even 15 seconds, it's gotten that bad.

All that said, I don't think still she should have been charged with a crime.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

All that said, I don't think still she should have been charged with a crime.

That is my biggest point. The authorities should not interfere in a situation like this, and should not take the child's side in such a situation. This move by the authorities sets up a very bad precedence, and I hope this woman wins this case, and it will set up a precedence that raises the bar on when authorities can interject themselves in a family dispute.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join