It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maverick doctor claims to have implanted women with cloned human embryos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Maverick doctor claims to have implanted women with cloned human embryos

[url=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/5197424/Maverick-doctor-claims-to-have-implanted-women-with-cloned-human-embryos.html]www.telegraph.co.uk[ /url]

A maverick fertility doctor claims to have cloned 14 human embryos and implanted them into the wombs of four volunteers.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 22-4-2009 by Thebudweiserstuntman]

[edit on 22-4-2009 by Thebudweiserstuntman]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Is this the first step towards a further understanding of how geneology works or is it opening up a pandora's box of new diseases and conditions!?

Not only are the ethics and morals of this questionable, if there is such a thing as a soul, where does it fit in to 'artificially' created humans?

[url=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/5197424/Maverick-doctor-claims-to-have-implanted-women-with-cloned-human-embryos.html]www.telegraph.co.uk[ /url]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
We can be sure this has been going on for years.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Regardless, the implications are still pretty terrifying!
I'm thinking about parents that may have lost a child at a young age 'ordering' a clone to fill the void in their life.

What about the terminally ill millionaire, with the money to order a clone to be used as parts to repair himself?

Or the sex trafficer placing orders for future beyonce's and other hotties?

Imagine all the DNA kept on police and government files being misused, will armies around the world start to breed / manufacture supersoldiers?

The possibilities for misuse are tremendous as well as the potential benefits.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
There is no way that somebody somewhere DIDN'T do this at some time recently....
It's just too fantastic and curious a thing to avoid if you have the resources and don't share the 'moral concerns' of others about it....IMO..

I don't blame him, but at the same time, glad it wasn't me doing this lol
Who knows what kind of trouble he'll face now.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by phoebeflakes

I had heard of Hospital ships doing this sort of thing in International waters whereby they would be immune from prosicution but the doctor carrying out the experiments was a Korean I think, with a track record of falsifying experimental results, so who knows where this will lead.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thebudweiserstuntman

Is this the first step towards a further understanding of how geneology works or is it opening up a pandora's box of new diseases and conditions!?

Not only are the ethics and morals of this questionable, if there is such a thing as a soul, where does it fit in to 'artificially' created humans?

Well, according to the best of our philosophers, the body will not desire to seek kinetic or static pleasures without a soul. Meaning that is this artificially created humans don't try to avoid pain, whether it be physical or emotions or... other.. and/or they don't have a concept of "entertainment" or "like" then they don't have souls. However, if they act according to their nature as human begins, chances are they have a soul, regardless if they were artificially created or not.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Thebudweiserstuntman

So if a few doctors are out there cloning humans, but no country allows it nor allows people to 'order' new borns or replicas of people or whatever, then we can probably expect some kind of cloning 'black market' I suppose....
Which is scary. No regulation, nothing to say how many are produced, where they go, what they are used for.....

I dunno, like anything, if cloned humans live successfully and healthily and are indeed human (have a spirit, if that's what normal birthed humans have, for instance), there's bound to be some abuse of the procedure.

You'd think in a world where many are certain we are plagued with overpopulation that there would be little motive for this....lots of kids to kidnap, lots of orphans to recruit for the sex trade or other horrible things.
Lots of positive reasons, in the perception of many, for cloning but lots of uproar to be faced, from others....
Well, of course it's first and foremost going to be done in secret, regardless of the intent/purpose - no wonder there...

Not sure what I think overall or morally, but there's no lack of frightening potential results of it all, that much is clear.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I’m sure one of the embryos in question is from the sperm of that kid who died - you know the one - the one who’s mother fought to *harvest his sperm* - After he died!
UGH!

No, I don’t know that for sure of course but it wouldn’t surprise me.

In my opinion these practices have been going on for a long time.

Does that make it right - not a bit.

peace

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by phoebeflakes

I think lack of regulation is definately the most sinister part of this. While most countries and legal systems find the concept of cloning abhorent, some serious thinking will be needed as it looks like human cloning is going to be a reality, regardless of the morality of it!!

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I'm sorry but I see no absolutely no evidence in any of these picture of a mining operation..

Maybe im not looking in the right place..?

Someone mind pointing out any features that would suggest to me that there is any mining going on in said picture?

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by thegagefather
I'm sorry but I see no absolutely no evidence in any of these picture of a mining operation..

Maybe im not looking in the right place..?

Someone mind pointing out any features that would suggest to me that there is any mining going on in said picture?

Think you might have posted on the wrong thread bro!! Either that or there's something more to this whole cloning thing than I realised....

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

That's screwed up if its true. Like a reverse oedipus complex or something going on there!

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
We can be sure this has been going on for years.

Id agree, I also feel theres an underground for cloning. Rich people might pay to have new body parts harvested.

new topics

top topics

join