It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Exposed! Fake Moon Images?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+49 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Ok guys, so what’s happening here? Look carefully. Two intriguing images - out of perhaps many - that would set you thinking as to what the heck’s going on in NASA and the Moon landings? Now these two images have sown the seeds of suspicion whether what we’ve been handed out are actual images of the Moon or not! Did you for a moment imagine there could be duplicate rocks on the surface of the Moon? YES! Duplicate rocks!

Or can these be brushed aside as just glitches or due to bad ‘stitching’ of the images? Darned if I know. I’ve shaded certain areas in brown/yellow that are duplicates. What do you think? If this is the quality of images being dished out by NASA, then it sucks!

Here are the images from the Lunar And Planetary Institute:

www.lpi.usra.edu...
www.lpi.usra.edu...

Thanks to Jo Skipper for leading me on to this mystery!

Cheers!

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
That is interesting. I wonder what possible explanation can there be for this. Kinda makes you wonder doesn't. Although in the end it comes as no surprise really. I mean these guys @ NASA have been photoshoping and airbrushing images before they release them to the public since forever.

Nice catch mike

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
In each picture, it seems that one is from a slightly closer view point making it appear just a fraction bigger than the other. It appears like two different photos of same object stitched together.

What doesn't make sense, is there is not stitch as the image is seamless.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Whoa, now this is strange... I'm not sure what type of explanation can be used for this one. People always say "oh, it's a digital artifact" blah blah.. but, this? C'mon!

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Question: panorama picture is collection of pictures? So if they only made mistake and one picture is twice?

Strange pictures anyway.. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
It should also be noted, in the second image at the top of the brown theres one last small rock highlighted. The rock above that one (which is slightly larger) is also replicated as well, but not highlighted.

Very fiiishhhyyy...

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Forget about the stitching and the very, very odd replication. A possibility is that the uses an algorithm that doesn't join different photo's in straight lines and curves (like most of Google Earth), but rather it analyzes the data sets and makes joins wherever most effective.

NASA are excellent at image manipulation, and I'm sure they don't use Photoshop, rather a private variant that would be running on high end workstations, which would be vastly superior (kinda like comparing Paint to Photoshop for us). Whatever they use would wipe the floor with Photoshop.

My actual question is: Can anyone take a guess at what the 'clam' shaped objects actually are in the second photo? I haven't seen anything like them before.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Here is one picture (same panoramas). Strange.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/acd94094e15e.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Panorama.... this reminds me of the Obama Inauguration Panorama Anomalies.

That Panoramic photo was done with modern technology and it was still glitchy - I would expect the same glitches would apply to these lunar photos.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Here is one more picture:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6e974625221f.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nick_X
That Panoramic photo was done with modern technology and it was still glitchy - I would expect the same glitches would apply to these lunar photos.

Why is modern technology 'glitchy'? I thought it was meant to remove glitches instead?

Down with modern technology!!

Cheers!

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I dont know if you have seen this pictures, but I like to add them..
When you look at the two first pictures, you will see the impact crates are Gone from the moons backside.

Here is the link to the page.
THE CLANDESTINE MOON

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I am in NO way sure about this, so it is just a suggestion...

But I think what we see may be a "ghost" effect in the panorama, where objects, in this case Moon rocks, appear twice. The astronauts didn't use a tripod and couldn't precisely follow an horizontal axis when they took the different photos that were later stitched together to panoramic images. Also:

Besides following an horizontal or vertical axis, it is important not to slant the pics. Many stitching softwares correctly handle perspective distortions caused by the panning movement of the camera and modify the pics accordingly, so that objects boundaries match perfectly; however programs often assume that the pics have the same slant: even little angles of rotation can cause ghost effects in overlapping areas.

fc08.deviantart.com...

[edit on 22/4/09 by ziggystar60]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
Ok guys, so what’s happening here? Look carefully. Two intriguing images - out of perhaps many - that would set you thinking as to what the heck’s going on in NASA and the Moon landings? Now these two images have sown the seeds of suspicion whether what we’ve been handed out are actual images of the Moon or not! Did you for a moment imagine there could be duplicate rocks on the surface of the Moon? YES! Duplicate rocks!

Or can these be brushed aside as just glitches or due to bad ‘stitching’ of the images? Darned if I know. I’ve shaded certain areas in brown/yellow that are duplicates. What do you think? If this is the quality of images being dished out by NASA, then it sucks!

Here are the images from the Lunar And Planetary Institute:

www.lpi.usra.edu...
www.lpi.usra.edu...

Cheers!

WOW!! I did some searching around of the picture myself, and really, before this I didn't think there was any debunking to be done on the moonland pictures... but now... I mean, I literally found at least 5 grounds of rocks, consisting of 4+ rocks, that are identical! And it isn't even well hidden!

The thing that strikes me most the the fact that it seems like the only "shuped" area in the picture seems to the the center to the 3rd quarter of the picture... Maybe the picture IS real, but maybe there was somthing in that area they didn't want you to see. Just a thought.

Awesome find, flagged.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Ok there is too many duplicates. Here is one more. No exactly same.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/32050a49ea2c.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Starred and Flagged!

NASA also alters their Mars images.

Here is an example of NASA being caught altering Mars images - the images below were taken from inside Endurance Crater/Sol 67, and you will notice some major discrepancies between the two images. The differences between these images are readily apparent, as you shall see below - vis-a-vis the insertion of an artificial skyline:

This is the original image - it is hosted on NASA's server.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/91955ee41954.jpg[/atsimg]
(source: marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...)

This image is of the same area, however an artificial skyline has been created by the removal of some of the image data- this image is hosted on NASA's server.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/524610fdf800.jpg[/atsimg]
(source; marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...)

*I wonder what NASA was hiding this time...

[edit on 22-4-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Guys,

are you all serious here? Does anyone with a free open mind still think that man has landed and walked on the moon?

Or that 911 was done by 19 Muslim terrorists?

C'mon, lets get on with some real mysteries - and there are still a few around - especially the ET/UFO issue.

This is just another tiny load to add to the absolute mountains of evidence, physical and circumstantial, that this was a total hoax.

Well done if it will open a few more sets of eyes and free a few more minds, but seriously folks, this is a non-issue.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Ok. I would normally be very quick to come up with some plausible excuse as to why it's some processing/photographic issue....

But I am genuinely stumped as to *how* that would happen in any natural circumstance... Unless of course, it isn't natural and as suggested, they aren't real images of the moon. Or are specially cropped/crafted images to hide something else.

Wow. I am impressed with this one

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I don't see an issue, it's a stitched image, meaning several images have been stitched together to create the final image, even with modern techniques you still get overlaps. I was slightly excited then until someone pointed out it was a composed panoramic image.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh

Cheers!

First I thougth:

That is the copy/pasting method of erasing data out of a picture.
Every photoshopper knows that it will give you a better result then airbrushing.
1. You stay within the same lightarea and graindensity
2. You have "real" texture effect
Only this one was too lazy to do the last thing you have to do to hide your actions, that is altering and diversify.

But when you look better and see that a whole strip looks duplicated, I think i have to bet on the stitching form Spitefulgod

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join