It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manufactured Consent - *first post*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
First off, hello to the community here. I came this way via disinfo.com the podcast.

I wanted to touch on a general theme that runs through most conspiracy theories - the Cover Up. The invention of the Television was the single greatest step forward in furthering the ability of those with the desire to rewrite history as it was happening and manufacture public opinion. The black box is so insidiously worked into the lives of most industrial nations (and growing in third worlds) that most people are comforted by the constant bombardment of propaganda for the consumer kulture, and feel an empty longing when the box isn't on.

If there is a secret cabal of Black Brothers they were certainly responsible for shaping the TV medium into what it is today. From the two hour hate (the evening local and world news) to the game shows awarding large sums of cash to people whose knowledge consists of inane trivia, TV is the main driving force behind breeding an easily controlable populace. Even the internet (which still has some bastions of enlightened minds) is mostly used by the oligarchy of power brokers manuvering to cement their position at the top of the pyramid.

Mass media is the most subtle form of mind control, but far more powerful than any subliminal messaging tried in the sixties. Everywhere you look there is an advertisement reminding you of your duty to consume and promulgate the brands and logos that define your being. Whatever show you watch builds up the myth of a people so self sure and smug in their suburban pre-packaged existances that they are somehow endearing. Any 'fact' is just the launcing pad for a new ad-campaign.

Whoever controls the media gets to write the message. If Truth with a capitol T is ever to be widely known it won't be through institutionalised forms of media. Even the internet in its current incarnation is a poor way to do anything other than preach to the choir.

Fortunately it is nearly impossible for the Light of Truth to be completely extinguished no matter how opressive the reigns of power are. Building a community of Truth Tellers, and Questioners is the foundation from which a true media revolution will be launched.

~
Trade your TV for a Camcorder
~
Interview your neighbor
~
Free the media!

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
What does this say about people like Rupert Murdoch? Where does Rupert fit into the scheme of things? Is he a Trilat, Bilderberger, Mason, Other?

I've met his mum Elisabeth a number of times as she only lives about a Km away from me on Cruden Farm. She is a lovely lady and I find it hard to believe that she could have given birth to someone like Rupert. I guess he's daddies boy!

IRM

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Rupert Murdoch is certainly one of the levers pulled by the Black Brothers if such a shadow government exists. But, only as much as Ariana Huffington, or any other figure head of a media perspective.

If a shadow government were to exist the true throne of power would be hidden. Even things like the Bilderberger group which has known people who attend is a peripheral organisation to the actual mantle of control. I'm of the opinion that trying to figure out who's pulling the strings is a total rabit hole.

That's why the media is such an important disinformation tool. Though actual events and people are the impetus for news and entertainment, once a story spends any time in the echo chamber of manufactured consent, the cultural meme, the imposed idium has almost completely over ridden what the actual thing was in the first place.

join