It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Most Amazing Crop Circle Ever" HAS IT BEEN DEBUNKED?!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
Has anyone been able to debunk ALL crop circles as man made? NO! And this alien looking figure is an unsolved mystery. And probably will remain so till the cows come home!

Isn't it easier...though a lot less fun...to consider that crop circles could be done by satellite using technology...human technology...that we aren't familiar with? Remember, we're being told that the military is functioning some 15 years ahead of us. On that basis alone, we could account for lots of the stuff we are currently ascribing to aliens.

There is some major weirdness going on out there...and I'm still betting that it comes out of a combination of scamming...and quantum activity...maybe a combo. I've done a 180, though...from being a true believer to questioning that which I'm being fed. Flame away!

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by thegagefather although i disagree with aliens intercepting a transmission at a latter date, i think they have the power of thought. what you found here is one of the best proof of alien life that i have ever seen, this is amazing and it was put there for the world to see, not a one on one encounter. you also backed this up, it wasn't from photo bucket. S&F to you for finding this
these findings that ATS members are coming up with is overwellming, the lost civilizations and how were they created is mind boggling.
i, for one, am so glad i stumbled on this site that i recommend it to everyone i run accross from my pastor to the newspaper boy

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by thegagefather
My question... HAS THIS AMAZING CROP CIRCLE BEEN DEBUNKED!?

Pictures:
www.lucypringle.co.uk...

Originally posted by Albertarocks
gagefather, that crop circle is just off the charts. It wouldn't even be possible for a team of mathmeticians to map out and create that crop circle in two weeks of good daylight.

Well, I don't know how long it would take a team of mathematicians to do that, but here's how it can be done by some random guys in just one night:

- Place a laser projector at a high position, like a hill or something.
- Let the laser projector "draw" the image on a field nearby.
- Let the random guys flatten every spot that is marked by the laser.

Problem is... where to get a hill in the midst of flat England?

Oh whee, looky there!

www.lucypringle.co.uk...

There's a huge radio mast just next to the field. Apparently, it's the mast from which the other picture was taken (it's upside down), so it appears to be well climbable. Also, the top edge of the image just so happens to be perpendicular to the mast. Like, yeah, it was projected from the top of the mast with a laser or some other kind of powerful projector so some guys could see which spots to flatten.

Here's also the location on google maps, the shadow of the mast is quite visible:

maps.google.com/maps?f=l&source=s_q&hl=de&geocode=&q=sparsholt&sll=8.790904,-51.780303&sspn=150.128594,252.421875&ie=UTF8&near=&split=1&t=h&ll=51.0646 41,-1.362337&spn=0.004909,0.008014&z=17

(copy and paste this, a direct link doesnt seem to work)
(edit: Hmm, still doesn't seem to work reliably. Well, the field is bewteen Sparsholt and Pitts, north of Sarum Road and west of Royal Winchester)

So yes, that most amazing crop circle ever has (just) been debunked.

Cheers,
Burkhard

[edit on 6-5-2009 by Verklagekasper]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Verklagekasper

Yeah random guys just happen to have laser projectors of that calibur laying around. Gimme a break

O and I'm sure no one would see it being used in the middle of the night..

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starwatcher

Yeah random guys just happen to have laser projectors of that calibur laying around. Gimme a break

Here's how to build one yourself: www.gadgetvenue.com...

O and I'm not so sure it would be all that visible at the back of beyond, whether at day or night.

Anyway, I'm not here to preach the truth(tm). If you want to believe that this cartoon face with a nonsense message on his pizza was drawn by ALIENS, feel free to do so. Cheers

edit: Check this: muonics.net...

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Verklagekasper

Originally posted by Starwatcher

Here's how to build one yourself: www.gadgetvenue.com...

O and I'm not so sure it would be all that visible at the back of beyond, whether at day or night.

Wll I have to agree the idea is a sound one but one thing that bothers me (and I think I can explain it away myself maybe not) is that the picture is off center to the right of the tower after measuring the pic that included the tower so....

I'm thinking either

A. There was some type of projector involved in scanning the pic and the pic was off center so the laser projection was off center from it's base point due to this.

B. It was a home made laser projector that either was poorly made or using customized software with a slight bug in it.

C. A possible optical illusion mixed in with picture depth perception at an angle to make it both appear and measure to be off center.

The reason I ask is because if it is off center, it was a proper laser, then an argument can and will be made (if it hasn't already) that it can not have come from the tower because the actual projection site would be slightly right of the tower when looking at the picture.

But then the argument can be made that they reflected it off of 2 mirrors angled one on each side of the tower which could account for it being slightly right of center.

Bah too much too think about I think I'll stick with B or C in this case

edit cant tell my left from my right anymore oh no's Alzheimer's lol

[edit on 6-5-2009 by Darthorious]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Message deciphered was:

"Beware the bearers of FALSE gifts & their BROKEN PROMISES. Much PAIN but still time. (Damaged Word). There is GOOD out there.We OPpose DECEPTION. Conduit CLOSING (BELL SOUND)"

[edit on 4/22/2009 by Melyanna Tengwesta]

This is what I remember reading at the time,and that the message included a warning for those to get off the planet too!
Or am I thinking of another report?

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elmer_Dinkley

Message deciphered was:

"Beware the bearers of FALSE gifts & their BROKEN PROMISES. Much PAIN but still time. (Damaged Word). There is GOOD out there.We OPpose DECEPTION. Conduit CLOSING (BELL SOUND)"

[edit on 4/22/2009 by Melyanna Tengwesta]

This is what I remember reading at the time,and that the message included a warning for those to get off the planet too!
Or am I thinking of another report?

If you sift carefully, you will find "Conduit CLOSING" and "(BELL SOUND) in ASCII coding points to the exactly coordinates of the crop circle, and the date of the Roswell Crash. Someone posted a quite extensive analysis of this a few posts back, Freak stuff, eh?

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Darthorious

You guys are way of mark with this laser projector, pattern burning theory.
How could anyone possibly put a template down on a field without it being from above - even if they had the technology Etc etc etc.

Its just not gonna happen.
Debunked - really?

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Verklagekasper

My question... HAS THIS AMAZING CROP CIRCLE BEEN DEBUNKED!?

Pictures:
www.lucypringle.co.uk...

Originally posted by Albertarocks
gagefather, that crop circle is just off the charts. It wouldn't even be possible for a team of mathmeticians to map out and create that crop circle in two weeks of good daylight.

Well, I don't know how long it would take a team of mathematicians to do that, but here's how it can be done by some random guys in just one night:

- Place a laser projector at a high position, like a hill or something.
- Let the laser projector "draw" the image on a field nearby.
- Let the random guys flatten every spot that is marked by the laser.

Problem is... where to get a hill in the midst of flat England?

Oh whee, looky there!

www.lucypringle.co.uk...

There's a huge radio mast just next to the field. Apparently, it's the mast from which the other picture was taken (it's upside down), so it appears to be well climbable. Also, the top edge of the image just so happens to be perpendicular to the mast. Like, yeah, it was projected from the top of the mast with a laser or some other kind of powerful projector so some guys could see which spots to flatten.

Here's also the location on google maps, the shadow of the mast is quite visible:

maps.google.com/maps?f=l&source=s_q&hl=de&geocode=&q=sparsholt&sll=8.790904,-51.780303&sspn=150.128594,252.421875&ie=UTF8&near=&split=1&t=h&ll=51.0646 41,-1.362337&spn=0.004909,0.008014&z=17

(copy and paste this, a direct link doesnt seem to work)
(edit: Hmm, still doesn't seem to work reliably. Well, the field is bewteen Sparsholt and Pitts, north of Sarum Road and west of Royal Winchester)

So yes, that most amazing crop circle ever has (just) been debunked.

Cheers,
Burkhard

I'm sorry, but claiming a laser projector was used doesnt explain the ASCII coding, how they made the 3 crop circles without being seen over night, how the crops were bent without being broken, the mathematical anamolies that point of the coordinates and date of roswell, how they knew how to respond to SETI years down the line.

You also havent proved the land is flat enough to project the image on with a laser projector, how the funds for such an accurate laser projector were obtained, the large amount of human labor that would have to be put into the crop circle, as well as numerous other points I could argue with you about.

If a large pond appeared over night in my back yard I could easily say "Well this pumped could have been pumped full of water by a bunch of hoses by my neighbors playing a prank on me." That doesn't prove, or debunk anything.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Anyone mentioned this?

THE FIREFOX CROPCIRCLE

Google Video Link

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

Wow lol this was some cool info but im not too sure how much of it is 100% accurate, never the less great video!! I now have much to contemplate.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
And yet again we have a whole page of people that ignore my posts that i made earlier, alot of you know this. Go back a page and check out the statistics on this crop circle and how basically everything about it points to roswell. It can't be explained away and skeptics have nothing on it untill they come up with something better than lasers and mirrors...

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ansiroth
It can't be explained away and skeptics have nothing on it untill they come up with something better than lasers and mirrors...

How about the fact that it is the cheesiest looking crop circle I've ever seen?
It looks so fake that it doesn't need "debunking".
It debunks itself just by it's appearance.

It looks like a "movie grey"

I mean seriously....

It is ridiculous.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Sorry anisroth, i had read it the other day but didnt have time to comment.
Good post, i thought i knew all there was to know about this circle yet that was news to me. Its definately not man made imo.
starred.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Way to completely dodge the argument. Im so astounded that i should change my researched opinion just because you think so.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by Ansiroth]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup

It can't be explained away and skeptics have nothing on it untill they come up with something better than lasers and mirrors...

How about the fact that it is the cheesiest looking crop circle I've ever seen?
It looks so fake that it doesn't need "debunking".
It debunks itself just by it's appearance.

It looks like a "movie grey"

I mean seriously....

It is ridiculous.

yes .. it is ridiculous ... so ridiculous that we dont know how much work it would take to do that ... thats the problem ... if to make that # was easy .. so we wouldnt need any discussion .... but nobody could provide some info on how to do that ...

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

I'm sorry, but claiming a laser projector was used doesnt explain the ASCII coding,

ASCII is a common code which has been around for ages and is known by anybody who has ever been within a 5 mile radius of a computer class.

Or do you mean the number plays?
Sorry, but like in every such "code", you're just using degrees of freedom to pick numbers that suit your needs (see 'Bible Code'). Like, the lines in the disc. The outer three circles aren't necessary for displaying the bits. So, opposite to the claim, there are only 30 lines required, not 33. So what is it: 30,31,32,33 lines? You say it's 33, because it's to your advantage.
Or the distance between Crabwood and Roswell. The number given in this thread is simply what the first best distance tool found with Goggle says is the distance between the center of Winchester (not Crabwood) and the center of Roswell. You claim that this number would be the distance between the crop circles and the "ufo crash site" in Roswell, which is just wrong since the crop circles weren't in the center of Winchester, and the "ufo crash site" most definitely wasn't in the center of Roswell, either. Again, you're inaccurate to make the numbers fit your needs. And so forth.

If you're into number plays, here's how I once proved that the ASCII code of the Teletubby names reveals that they are the apocalyptic horsemen (only in German, though):

TINKY-WINKY = 84+73+78+75+89+45+87+73+78+75+89 = 846
PO = 80+79 = 159
DIPSY = 68+73+80+83+89 = 393
LAA-LAA = 76+65+65+45+76+65+65 = 457
and their battle yell in German TV:
WINKE-WINKE = 87+73+78+75+69+45+87+73+78+75+69 = 809

The sum is:
846 + 159 + 393 + 457 + 809 = 2664 = 4 * 666.

Four times the number of the beast, there you go.

Anyway, we did such number plays already in school. Sorry if I'm not impressed.

how they made the 3 crop circles without being seen over night,

Ever considered that the ppl who could have seen it teamed up in these pranks? There were just very few around, after all.
In England, crop circles became a sport. Every village wanted one, so their newspapers could say "Blah-Bleh-Town has a crop circle now, too!".
Ever wondered why the English are the chosen people for aliens digging crop art?

how the crops were bent without being broken,

Why would they? It has been demonstrated many times how to bend them without breaking.

the mathematical anamolies that point of the coordinates and date of roswell,

There are no "mathematical anomalies", just number plays based on inaccuracies on your side, see above.

how they knew how to respond to SETI years down the line.

What's mysterious about that? Those messages were published world wide decades ago and known ever since.
And the pranksters know their audience, and they know what excites them. Guess why they put that "answer to SETI" next to a radio telescope.

www.lucypringle.co.uk...

Oh! How convenient that the telescope also just so happens to be a climbable construction. Unfortunately, the aliens ran out of radio telescopes when they made their grafittis in that area a year later, so they picked fields with radio masts instead.

You also havent proved the land is flat enough to project the image

How about you proving that it's not? I don't see any problem.

how the funds for such an accurate laser projector were obtained

Just check the links I've given. The dudes projecting perfect images onto buildings don't exactly look like Rockefellers. Sorry, but projecting a low resolution pic on a field doesn't look like rocket science, nor can it only be done by millionaires.

the large amount of human labor that would have to be put into the crop circle

Your point being?

as well as numerous other points I could argue with you about.

Go ahead.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   

And yet again we have a whole page of people that ignore my posts that i made earlier, alot of you know this. Go back a page and check out the statistics on this crop circle and how basically everything about it points to roswell. It can't be explained away and skeptics have nothing on it untill they come up with something better than lasers and mirrors...

Ah that was you with the numbers. Well, read my deconstruction in the post above.
And let me continue here:

The main trick about these code games is that the key numbers, in this case the "number of lines in the disc" and "the number of characters in the message", and the "Roswell" numbers are selected totally at will out of a huge pool of possible numbers.

Why did you pick the number of lines in the disc counted from the center? Why not the diameter? Why did you count in the empty lines? Why did you count in the frame lines? Why even the disc and not the alien pic? Why not the alien pics number of lines? Why not the alien pics number of columns? Why not the alien pics area?

Why did you select the number of characters in the message? Why not the number of bits, the number of words, the number of vocals...?

Why even anything about lines and characters, why not the longitude and latitude of Crabwood, or the zip-code of Winchester? Why not the date, time...?

Why did you pick Roswell and not the distance to Stone Henge, the Pyramids or some Radio Telescope or some other famous UFO-city? There are are hundreds of other places that could be "mystically related" to Crabwood. Why Roswell?

The answer is: The guy who made that number puzzle actually considered all those numbers and many more. He made a list of many numbers that could be somehow connected to the Crabwood crop circles. And he made a list of hundreds of numbers about "mysterious" places that might be matched with numbers from the first list.
Out of these, he just picked the ones that made a nice combination.

"Ah, look here, if you combine the number of lines in the disc counted from the center, counting in the empty lines and the three frame lines, and if you combine this with the number of characters in the message, you get the distance between the crop circles and the Roswell crash site!"
(actually, the distance is wrong, as mentioned in the prior post, but that's not the point here).

And people are impressed by that, because they are not aware that these numbers were picked at will out of a huge list, and that they are combined at will just so they fit nicely.

People were also impressed by the "Bible Code" because they could not believe that some assassination predictions picked at will out of the Bible could be achieved by mere chance. The inventor of the "Bible Code" challenged people to try the same with "Moby Dick", thinking this would be impossible. He was wrong. The "Bible Code" was debunked by some guys creating the same sort of messages by the same method out of "Moby Dick".

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Your entire "decontruction" about "my" research is pompous at best.

This is david flynns work. and if you watch his presentation he clearly illustrates what he is counting and exactly where the numbers come from. You can beleive anything you want but the data is definately not distorted to fit his expectations, check it yourself. I can tell by the nature of your post that you didn't pay attention to the video.

Your post is to long to recollect all of it and give you a bit of info over everything you've said. But i believe the argument your presenting doesnt interest me.

Edit: Iv'e taken the time to look at all of david flynns references to the glyph itself and their relations to roswell. take the time to do so also and actually take the time to understand where his references are based.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by Ansiroth]

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join