It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC-7 reporter and photographer handcuffed, detained while covering I-10 wreck

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by haika
The policeman probably had orders not to let anyone with any type of recording device get close to the accident scene.
It is obvious that there was something in the container that was on the road.
Next we'll hear about this on the news will be focused on what type of reprimand will the cop get and if the reporter sued or not.
We'll never know what was in that trailer container.

I must agree, now that I saw the camo dude running around at the end of the video. Im intrested in seeing a longer cut of this video.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Freaking lame.

This cop should be shown the unemployment line. No reason to be pushing and prodding like he did. And why make them leave when there are many other people standing around.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
If you watch the whole clip it explains why there were miltary personel there. Apparently off duty travellers from the military were first ones on the scene and rescued the guy who was driving the truck.
When it comes to the cop, he is way out of line and rather surprisingly the tape is still intact and in the hands of the station.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I saw that on the news last night... that was so horrible. He didn't even have a reason to do that (the cop). That officer should be fired.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
The trailer was full of disgruntled taxpayers.

No one is supposed to know where they went or what's being done to
them. Too much reaming and screaming. No recording please.

( Write-offs ? You don't need no stinking write-offs ! )

(Deductions ? Here, deduct this ! Hop on the Tax Trailer, now !)

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
This was a glimpse into the American future. Authority figures will not be questioned and you will obey. Disrespecting the system and the people that enforce the system will not be tolerated. It's 1984....and...

"Ignorance is Strength"

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by amazing
Wow talk about a powertrip! It didn't look like anything was going on other then normal reporting. Almost looked like there was something about the wreck that they wanted kept secret?

I can't help but wonder if this may have been a truck in the Governments "Ghost" Fleet?

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Cop was on a major power trip, it doesn't shock me though it's been goin on for many years now, at least here in Chicago, it's just becoming more widespread now. That incident was actually mild, that's how CPD acts on an everyday basis.

I think there was something about that accident that they just didn't want the general public to know about. Can't figure out why they weren't bothering any of the others that were standing around watching, unless they felt that the media posed some kind of threat.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
It seems this is becoming an all to familiar occurrence. As this type of activity increases by LEOs the citizens will not tolerate this for long.

On the flip side, generally speaking I have to admin my dealings with the Houston Police and Texas DPS has been nothing but professional and been generally quite helpful. I hope it stays that way.

I fear as they continue to dismantle the economy and our civil liberties though these types of scenes might unfortunately become more frequent.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join