It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PETA turning the other way on 30k Florida Pythons?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Been seeing reports on the 30 thousand pythons that started off as pets and have multiplied to the massive size that is now out of control. According to CNN the local officials are being trained to capture then kill every one they catch.

So my question is, why no hub bub from PETA? I mean every day I have to listen to a person who is a big PETA supporter tell me they dont like my leather boots and my leather couch and they cant eat meat, and they want to stop all killing of animals for food and clothes. Im so sick of it and when I saw that 30 k pythons had to be hunted and killed I said, let me see if PETA is trying to stop this. So I went to their website and could not find anything on the subject.

I personally think PETA is just a scam to get people to donate money. If they were really all about saving animals, they would have something right on the front page saying "save the pythons" So what happened? Did they realize that the python situation required killing, and now its ok? If its ok to kill pythons then their whole organization is now just a sham.

As for me, im gonna get some python skin boots.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by robwerden

A) they aren't 'cute'
B) they probably aren't equipped to euthanize that many pythons.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
PETA, is a money hungry beast in and of itself.

Sure, if you eat meat you become impotent. Absolute fact by PETAs' standards, and You have more sex if your a vegan by PETA standards.

As the guy above said, if it's not cute cuddly or adorable, they won't fight for it.

PETA is a big joke to me, and I die a little inside each time they trick someone into their ways, I'm sure one guy who started it believes in it, but if there is one psychopath, there is bound to be thousands of others to follow, if not millions.

If we are not suppose to eat animals, why are they so darn tasty!

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by robwerden

Do you want the official PETA answer. I’ll see if I can pull it out of my ass.:

The pythons in Florida are not native animals to the environment. They are reeking havoc on local wild life, there fore they must be caught and destroyed. Although they should not be eaten or used for clothing accessories or boots.

Sounds good doesn’t it. I hope this will satisfy you.

PETA is a scam for the most part. Most non profit organizations are. Pull on some heart strings and catch all the falling money.

[edit on 21-4-2009 by Ant4AU]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Ok I'll bite and defend PETA here for a second.
Many times in my life I have been vegetarian and I spent 5 months being vegan-PETA style. They have my email and they send me a great vegan recipe book. Thanks PETA!
Am I as extremist as them? Absolutely not. However, they do stick to their guns and though they may be "orthodox" in their eating habits-I think the fact that they really believe harming other animals is so completely blasphmously wrong leads to their methods and marketing which some would label as completely obnoxiously annoying.

That being said-
I suppose that if one were in PETA mode and you consider wearing animals frivilous, and the mass fertilizing then murdering frivilous and inhumane, then you are left with the fact that in a case of danger (such as starving, or freezing, or about to be murdered by say, a lion!) it would seem completely "humane" to murder animals. I mean, you may be a pacifist-but if someone attacks you with a butcher knife are you not going to fight back?

As a native Floridian, such as with our Iguana problem, domestic animals are now becomming a danger...but iganas don't bite like pythons do. It seems like a matter of safety-not a matter of being "frivilous".

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), with more than 2.0 million members and supporters, is the largest animal rights organization in the world.

PETA focuses its attention on the four areas in which the largest numbers of animals suffer the most intensely for the longest periods of time: on factory farms, in laboratories, in the clothing trade, and in the entertainment industry. We also work on a variety of other issues, including the cruel killing of beavers, birds and other "pests," and the abuse of backyard dogs.

PETA.org

Just thought I would put up their mission statement for those who wasn’t sure what it was. I feel like the pythons would fall under the other “pests” category myself. So why no uproar. Things like this prove scam. They must feel like there is no money in saving pythons. :shk: sad really sad.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by robwerden
...So my question is, why no hub bub from PETA? ...

Because pythons aren't cute and cuddly.

top topics

join