It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A paranormal challenge

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostProphet
Oy. If somebody actually is capable of this type if thing, and can do it well, they'll know better than to do it just to prove a point to an arrogant prick. And of course these types of things are going to be questionable and have no concrete answers. They're PARAnormal. The only way to know them are to experience them for yourself, and if you have no faith in it, the "proof" won't mean anything to you anyway.

Threads like these are a waste of space and I guarentee it will go nowhere. But it will probably get plent of replies because people love to fight.

Just a quick note here, there is no such thing as "supernatural" or "paranormal", only natural and normal. There are, however, things certain individuals do not yet understand! I think this is an important point to keep in mind. You cannot PROVE anything to anyone, if that individual does not wish to put the effort to understand and seek the truth.

And just as I said in my previous post, this approach will rarely yield productive results, unless you do not seek what you claim you do in the first place. Words can be deceiving...

Edit: This addressed to the author of this thread, not to LostProphet

[Edited on 24-4-2004 by lilblam]

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
Again what would you call proof I See You? From what I know showing complete strangers a psycic connection seems like a major challenge and somewhat risky.
I am pretty sure the the gift of prophecy and psycic gifts or not related, having one doesnt guarantee the other.

Yup, same as just because you have a gift of music, doesn't mean you will know how to play both, piano, and violin.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I know for a fact some have a "sixth sense" Ive seen it proven. Nothing supernatural about it just paranormal.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShirtNinja
THAS IT ASS-FACE YOU SHALL FELL THE WRATH OF DR. BLASTY!

P.S.
Dr blasty is a pistol

oh look. a death threat.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by beergoggles

THAS IT ASS-FACE YOU SHALL FELL THE WRATH OF DR. BLASTY!

P.S.
Dr blasty is a pistol

oh look. a death threat.

HEY, thats not a death threat, it's a massive injury threat, think of that.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Where do your signature lines come from?

Oh, to stay on topic, I don't believe any of that psychokenesis, ESP crap.

DC

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
if you mean mine, the come from 8-bit theater, a web comic.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
ShirtNinja,
Please read the u2u you have been sent.
Look to the near top, right-hand side of this screen/page and you will see a white "1 u2u....."
Click it.

seekerof

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
ShirtNinja,
Please read the u2u you have been sent.
Look to the near top, right-hand side of this screen/page and you will see a white "1 u2u....."
Click it.

seekerof

was this about Dr. blasty?

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Well This is what we get for the price of anonymity,If this guy I SEE YOU was in a room full of people he would be ignored as he should be.In life we all have had to face bullies, only this one is faceless residing only in the internet world. I have gone toe to toe with people like this physicaly, and to do so mentally would only feed his bravado. His is not a need to know, or a willingness to delve into meaningful insight.
He is a Creep and im sure has already been summed up as one by his peers if he has any.
Nice try but as in your day to day life.......you should be ignored period.
parker

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Deny Incontinence. That's what a think when I read some of these threads, because I want to piss my pants from laughing so hard!

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Do not circumvent the censor again, I See You.

how, if I may ask, is he circumventing anyone? He's just being a jerk. (I'd call him more, but I'll get censored)

The censor is not a one, but a thing. When one types in a word that is on the wordy-dird list, it is replaced with (c), or (v), cuss or profanity. Removing a letter and replacing it with a wildcard is circumventing. To have to use words that would fall into the list makes no sense to me as this is a written form of communication, and one can't "slip up" out of anger while typing. To then take the time to throw in a wildcard so as to go around the censor, well, that is really going a bit too far.
Not all of us are 45 year old salty dogs with a cigar in one hand, a bottle of scotch in the other and a mouth that can peel 50 year old paint off a battleship, nor does everyone prefer to view crap, while they do want to engage in lively and intelligent debate.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   
ok, forgive my nooblie foolishness but you must anser for you are... THE MOD!, but what is a wildcard do you mean like (this is for pure example and you said this so I'm not too worried):

Cra@p

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   

ok, forgive my nooblie foolishness but you must anser for you are... THE MOD!, but what is a wildcard do you mean like (this is for pure example and you said this so I'm not too worried):

Cra@p

That's what he meant, yes. Using a different character to alter the standard spelling of a censored term renders the word filter as pointless. In fact, since it is always possible to avoid being filtered by replacing one or 2 characters of a censored term, the filter IS in reality pointless and useless. It is like putting up a firewall that only prevents hackers from penetrating your system using ports 1 through 10, but if the hacker uses the port 11 through 65,000, he can easily get in. Then when the hacker uses any other port to get in and DOES get in, you give him a stern warning to STOP GOING IN YOUR SYSTEM or you'll hit him with a rock!

This is what's happening on this website, the filter only blocks the "proper" spelling of terms, and if you alter as much as one character and easily avoid the filter, you are WARNED to cut that out! I find this as ridiculously funny as the firewall analogy

The filter assumes that people will spell any "censored terms" properly, otherwise it is ineffective. But this is going a little bit beyond the point here - which is stop altering the spelling of censored terms or you'll get hit with a rock!

[Edited on 24-4-2004 by lilblam]

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I know not believe. I have read some of your other replies and I know what you are saying. I agree with all that you say and not because you say it....it's because you and I know ther truth because it's what we seek. This is why I stated the thread the way I did. I'm looking for the truth. I know the truth and I'm looking for others also but I get these moronic assholes who won't look for it and only reply idiotic #ing remarks .

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Please refrain from the profanity, flamming, abuse, etc. of other members, no matter who started it.

This goes for all in this thread that this warning may pertain to.

The staff of ATS would greatly appreciate your compliance with this, in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of Use of this board:
Terms And Conditions Of Use

2.) You will not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

4.) You will not use profanity in our forums, and will neither post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content. This applies to material posted to collaborative fiction and member short story forums.

Thank you in advance.

seekerof

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by I See You
I know not believe. I have read some of your other replies and I know what you are saying. I agree with all that you say and not because you say it....it's because you and I know ther truth because it's what we seek.

This is why I stated the thread the way I did. I'm looking for the truth. I know the truth and I'm looking for others also but I get these moronic assholes who won't look for it and only reply idiotic #ing remarks .

Remember, it is always a choice, and please keep in mind: "Judge not, lest ye..." I think you can finish that yourself

Subjective judgements and emotional exclamations do not help you, me, or anyone else in terms of objective understanding. I understand where you're coming from, and I understand your frustration, but balance will always be maintained - you CANNOT change those who do not wish to be changed, you can only change yourself! Therefore, unless you want to spend your entire existance being frustrated with the half of the universe that chooses stagnation and follows the entropic principle of ignorance and non-conscious existance, I suggest you learn to DEAL with this without letting it affect you so personally!

Let all choose any path they wish, and let them follow this path - you can do nothing, and being all upset about it won't change this! AboveTopSecret is filled with much low-level discussion and ignorant drivel that contradicts its own slogan. However, this also permeates most of the internet, and most of this world. You are then forced to remember that this world is based on lies and illusions, and a VAST MAJORITY of people who reside on this planet, CHOSE this form of existance and CHOSE to accept lies and to be controlled and led by the elite like sheep. Those VERY FEW who choose to actually seek truth suddenly find themselves in sharp contrast with the rest of the planet, and can very easily succumb to frustration and be driven mad. It is like waking up one day and realising you live in a jungle, with no other people like you, only wild animals. Try to CONTROL yourself, your emotions, your ego, and your own mind - do not let them control YOU!

Also, there are many souls here in a strugle, souls that are confused and befuddled, but are on the verge of making the decision to seek truth, as they are approaching that part in their learning cycle. If you submit to your ego and dive into senseless arguments and "disses", you do not help THEM, nor do you help yourself. I hope this makes sense...

-Mike

[Edited on 25-4-2004 by lilblam]

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by shidge.
I have to agree... Many things people here say seem foolish and unsubstantiated..

Its like you dont even give logic a chance to solve things/tell you they are impossible.. You just imagine something and instantly proclaim it existence.. "REPTILIAN GODS WILL OVERTAKE THIS EARTH WHEN THE INTERGALATIC SPACE ARMY FIGHTS WITH THE SNAKE PODS OF Blah blah blah".. Rather ridiculous, in my opinion.

As ive said here before: Deny Ignorance doesnt mean "Deny Reality" .. Totally overlooking science or logic (as so many seem to enjoy doing here) constitutes ignorance just as much as ignoring the possibility of something paranormal.

Not saying im 100% correct in everything, just saying that most of you need to take a step back and look at the things you say/think.

no harm no foul.

My personal thoughts exactly. These boards are great for very intellectual discussion, but right now the majority of the posters are in dire need of a reality check... Would you mind if I quoted you in my signature???

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carvador

My personal thoughts exactly. These boards are great for very intellectual discussion, but right now the majority of the posters are in dire need of a reality check... Would you mind if I quoted you in my signature???

Dont mind at all

Ive noticed that its not just at this board, but on the internet in genereal where people tend to make up their own universe.. Its one thing to have an imagination, and mull over possibilities in your head, but its another thing entirely to completely forego logic, and just make up the world willy nilly as you go.

Dang this internet, and its making existence seem so surreal. *Shakes fist*

But yeah, feel free to quote me however ye please, I'd be flattered

[Edited on 25-4-2004 by shidge.]

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ambient Sound

Originally posted by Amuk

Man, I wanna know if my remote veiwing guess, i mean skill, was right.

LOL......not even close, unless you count the space AROUND it as nothing.....LOL

Hehe. I'll guess a Gun Rack!

Again WRONG.......LOL

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join