It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's a fine day...la-lala-dee-da da-da...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   

La la la dee da da-da, La la la dee da da-da.

It´s a fine day
People open windows
They leave their houses
Just for a short while
(Short while short while)
It´s a fine day
People open windows
They leave their houses
Just for a short while

It´s going to be a fine night tonight
It´s going to be a fine day tomorrow

It´s a fine day
People open windows
They leave their houses
Just for a short while
They walk by the grass
(They walk by the grass)
They look at the sky
(The sky the sky the sky)
They walk by the grass
And they look at the grass
They look at the sky
(The sky)

La da da dee da da-da, La la la dee a da-da.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Thank you for posting this and taking me back in time.

My first introduction to "making " music was in 1952 when, at the age of 5, I began piano lessons.

To help me with my "beat' my teacher suggested I get a metronome. It is an instrument that keeps a perfect beat and can be programed in any time required.

Other than the electric guitar and organ we made our own musical sounds.

Then in the early 60's and after many years of training on other instruments
along came the Moog Synthesizer. WOW was I impressed. From there,
making music has come a long way.

Now anyone with a bit of talent can create artificial, my name for it, music sitting at a desk alone in the middle of the night.

One of my son-in-laws has created "music'' that ism as good as anything I hear on the radio. Do you still call "it" a radio? No you don't but I won't go there now.

This manufactured artificial music is interesting to listen to and fun to create, yes I've done it.

I have no idea what your point was in making the thread but this is where it lead me.

I think I don't like it. The "music " is pleasant to hear but there is no soul. no heart.

Give me real people with real musical instruments and I will jam with them for hours and feel as good as a pig in a mud puddle in the sunshine.

Rock on.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Interesting post, nice to hear about your musical development and attitudes.

Originally posted by dizziedame
I have no idea what your point was in making the thread but this is where it lead me.

I think I don't like it. The "music " is pleasant to hear but there is no soul. no heart.

Give me real people with real musical instruments and I will jam with them for hours and feel as good as a pig in a mud puddle in the sunshine.

Rock on.

I don't really know why I posted this either...I just happened to be listening to it at the time and in a way it "took me back," too...not all the way to 1952 but more to 1992 or 1993 or so...I'm guessing without looking that this song first came out 16 or 17 years ago. The original version was a bit gentler; this version is somewhat "souped up" and the beat is faster.

You are certainly welcome not to like it... There are lots of genres I dislike. Punk rock, for example, grates on my nerves, I find reggae sleep-inducing, and classic blues all sounds the same to me, to pick three examples off the top of my head. Yet I accept there are people who feel passionately about these genres and see every bit as much emotional nuance and aesthetic value in them as I do in the music I like. I've come to believe music taste is utterly subjective and people "imprint" different styles at different times in their lives and ascribe deep emotions to them in ways it can be difficult for "outsiders" to relate to. So for this reason I find all arguments about "which genre is better" to be useless, about as meaningful as arguing which flavors of ice-cream are "inherently" better. For some reason most people can accept that the latter is a matter of taste; I wish people could do the same with the former. Some can, and I'm not suggesting you aren't among them...but I do feel the need to defend the electronica genre, which means a lot to me. I also like a lot of more "rockin'" traditional music from the 60s and 70s, and don't necessarily see this as conflicting. Sometimes I want ice cream, sometimes I want steak, right?

About this particular song, I guess what I find interesting is that the lyrics are so banal and meaningless, and yet somehow it manages to evoke an emotion (at least in those responsive to the genre). It is an odd mix of the utterly shallow and the somewhat more meaningful, and it has remained a classic for almost 20 years in a variety of remixes.

[edit on 4/22/09 by silent thunder]

new topics

join