It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we having ATS Fantasy Football this year?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jwstarry

Good job! Although my game is much too close for comfort. I didn't destroy him like I thought I would. Hopefully I can pull it out.

Oh and sorry Oz!

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

Seriously, if my score is not worth a trophy this year, there no point in me carrying on....I mean 11 points from 6 players, wtf

We could call it the OzWeatherman Trophy for Outstanding Patheticness in the ATS fantasy football competition.....

Sniff

posted on Nov, 1 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
You know whats even worse about this week......even worse than the fact that Tony Romo has almost scored double the amount the points my entire team has scored, even worse than the fact that Matt Hasselbeck who is on my bench has scored 6 points more than my entire team.....even worse than the fact that I am losing to a guy who hasnt checked his team in weeks..

Its f&%^cken Steve "fumblesaur" Slaton. First pick this year......seven weeks and seven fumbles later.....he was replaced by a guy who ran for 126 odd yards and 3 touchdowns!!! Grrrrrr......what a waste

This calls for a Steve Slaton hate thread

AAAAAAAAAAGGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
There is a poll up on the league home page that needs immediate voting.

Well, not immediate, but at least by the end of the regular season (for us).

It is about the number of playoff teams. Go vote.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
We got a close game going, Oz. You're up by 8 at the time of this post. With two kickers going, I don't think we're going to solve anything tonight. I got my defense going tomorrow night, so that will be what settles it.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
We got a close game going, Oz. You're up by 8 at the time of this post. With two kickers going, I don't think we're going to solve anything tonight. I got my defense going tomorrow night, so that will be what settles it.

Yeah i think so

Our kickers are against each other, and I cant see them being to far apart in terms of point scoring.

If the Ravens have a good one though, Im done for. I would be extremely unlucky to lose in that case. Also, friggin Fred Jackson, 29 points??!!!

And also, if I win that means the only games Ive won, are them top team Team Starry, and the second top team...you, lmfao

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

I told you Fred Jackson would be a good pick up! If you had started him instead of Knowshon Moreno (even though Benson had less points, but there's no way you could have known that'd happen), there's no way I could have come back and won.

The score is only 73-71 now. Indy's defense isn't helping you much, allowing Gostkowski all these extra points.

posted on Nov, 15 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:shk: :shk: :shk:

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Sorry man! It was a good game though.

This year just doesn't seem like your year. It happens. You didn't do bad last year.

Hang in there man! I'll give you some draft tips next season. We'll turn you into a playoff team.

posted on Nov, 16 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Hey I did alright last year, this year Ive just had bad luck unfortunantly.

Some tips would be awesome for next season though

Did I mention I hate you for having Baltimore as your defense?

Ah well....its time to start an OzWeatherman ATS fantasy football rant thread I think....so I can share my humiliation

Oh and by the way, can I get the wooden spoon trophy made up?

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I made one. I went ahead and put last year's Wooden Spoon winner as Skunkworks Scramjets. However, since his team was deleted, I can't officially assign the trophy. So for teams that get deleted before I can assign the trophy to them, I will just assign it to myself but put the team name in the description of the trophy.

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   

HAHAHAHA awesome

So officially i will be the first recipient

By the way, theres no chance of me leaving, so I think I can keep that award forever, lol

posted on Nov, 17 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Skunkworks Scramjets was technically the first recipient, but as far as officially being assigned the trophy, yes you will be the first...unless you blow it! You've got a three game lead on the race for the Wooden Spoon with four games left. Don't let your fan down!!!

posted on Nov, 20 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Here are the current standings of our league for anyone who cares (I don't think anyone does):

Above Top Secret Division
Team Shapro (Karlhungis): 7-3
Cuba Raft Riders (NovusOrdoMundi): 7-3
Bushido Kanji (Bushido Kanji): 5-5
Scooby Snackz (Scooby Doo): 4-6
Team Sloppy Slappys (jackieps1975): 4-6

Below Top Secret Division
Team Starry (jwstarry): 8-2
URanus Sleepers (Bunch): 6-4
Canadian Mod Squad (GAOTU789): 4-6
Team Johnson (Zetetic_of_Truth): 4-6
Aussie Thunder (OzWeatherman): 1-9

There are two huge match-ups this week between the #1 and #2 in both divisions. Team Shapro and Cuba Raft Riders (that's me) play, while Team Starry and URanus Sleepers play.

Nothing can be decided in the ATS Division by this game, but if Team Shapro wins, he will be 2-0 against me this year, which isn't good for tiebreakers. The BTS Division, however, can pretty much be decided by this game; if Team Starry wins, he will be three games ahead with three games left.

There are four games remaining in the regular season at this point. The top six teams in the league will make the playoffs.

Good luck to everyone the rest of the way! Especially you Oz!

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Week 14 of the NFL Regular Season is the final week of the ATS Fantasy Football Regular Season!

Here are the current standings:

Above Top Secret Division
x-Team Shapro (Karlhungis): 10-3
x-Cuba Raft Riders (NovusOrdoMundi): 9-4
x-Bushido Kanji (Bushido Kanji): 7-6
Scooby Snackz (Scooby Doo): 5-8
Team Sloppy Slappys (jackieps1975): 5-8

Below Top Secret Division
y-Team Starry (jwstarry): 10-3
x-URanus Sleepers (Bunch): 6-6-1
Canadian Mod Squad (GAOTU789): 5-8
Team Johnson (Zetetic_of_Truth): 5-8
Aussie Thunder (OzWeatherman): 2-10-1

x-clinched playoff birth
y-clinched division title
z-clinched first round bye

The top six teams in the leagues make the playoffs. There is only ONE playoff spot left, and only one team has been mathematically eliminated from playoff contention.

Here is the playoff bracket as of today:

#1: Team Starry - BYE
#2: Team Shapro - BYE

#5: URanus Sleepers vs
#4: Bushido Kanji

#6: Scooby Snackz vs
#3: Cuba Raft Riders

Looks like it's shaping up to be an interesting final week! There are still two bye weeks, one division title, and five teams fighting for one playoff spot on the line this week.

Good luck everyone!

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
There is only ONE playoff spot left, and only one team has been mathematically eliminated from playoff contention.

And who might that be

At least I had a win this week, lol

Is there a minor playoff for the teams that dont make it again?

posted on Dec, 13 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I think there is...ebery league I had played has one...but given the amount of teams we have in our league..who knows

Im very excited going to the playoffs...I have had an up and down season...hopefully my team performs in the playoffs

posted on Dec, 23 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Three trophies have just been awarded...

The Above Top Secret Division Championship banner has been awarded to Team Shapro. With a league-best 11-3 record, Team Shapro finished two games ahead of the Cuba Raft Riders to win the division.

The Below Top Secret Division Championship banner has been awarded to Team Starry. With an also league-best 11-3 record, Team Starry finished three and a half games ahead of the URanus Sleepers to win the division for the second straight year.

And last but not least, the best trophy we have to offer...

The Wooden Spoon has been awarded to Aussie Thunder. With a league-worst 2-11-1, Aussie Thunder managed to finish a whole two and a half games behind the next worse team.

Congratulations to all three of you, especially you, Aussie!

Now on to the final award, which has not yet been handed out. We are in the final round of the playoffs before the championship round.

The match-ups are the two rivals from the Above Top Secret Division, Team Shapro and Cuba Raft Riders, and the two rivals from the Below Top Secret Division, Team Starry and URanus Sleepers.

The winner of each will play for the prestigious and much sought-after Tin Bowl trophy.

Good luck to everyone!

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
What a bad week to have Steven Jackson sit out. I was paying attention to the last minute but it was a game time decision and I couldn switch him. If I lose this game is out of bad luck.

Also Josh Cribbs had one of his worst game of the season...oh well hopefully I dont see a lot of Adrian Peterson tonight...

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I pulled off the upset over Shapro. I didn't think I'd win. Thank God for Darren Sproles.

Now I await my opponent. Will it be a repeat of last year's championship or will the Sleepers pull off the upset? We shall see!

I want to congratulate my opponent on a nice season and a division title, and say good luck to both Starry and Sleepers!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join