It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we having ATS Fantasy Football this year?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

seems like a nightmare to coordinate with people across the globe though.

posted on Aug, 24 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis

seems like a nightmare to coordinate with people across the globe though.

Actually it worked quite well

I had to stay up late for it, but it was well worth it. Even if I picked Tom Brady in the first round, only for him to put himself out for the year

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
We've just got one spot left. I've sent the invitation but there seems to be some complications with the invitation or the email. I'm trying to figure out what's going on.

We can't run this with 9 teams so I'm going to try to get the 10th person in as quickly as possible.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
We've just got one spot left. I've sent the invitation but there seems to be some complications with the invitation or the email. I'm trying to figure out what's going on.

We can't run this with 9 teams so I'm going to try to get the 10th person in as quickly as possible.

Cool mate

I guess it first in first serve here isnt it? Need any help?

How long til the season starts?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Okay guys, we have a week until the regular season starts so we need to get this draft going. We finally have all ten teams up and ready so we are good to go.

I want to shoot for Saturday as our draft day. I will send out a u2u to everyone who is participating to see if Saturday is good. I will also be asking for a time frame of availability from everyone, so you can either post it here or in the u2u.

If you are reading this please respond to my u2u's or this post immediately so I can make sure Saturday is good.

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Do we have to download something to do a live draft? I cant remember if we had to or not?

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
For those that don't know, you do need Java in order to do the draft. I'm unsure if ESPN has an option this year where people without Java can still participate in the draft, but just in case, you should either download or update Java.

Here is the direct link to download the latest version of Java: Java Download Link (NOTE: This link will immediately open the install wizard without taking you to another web site).

posted on Sep, 2 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Ignore my previous post. You don't need Java to do the draft. I found this on ESPN's website:

When drafting in a live online draft, you have two viewing experiences available to you, Java or lite draft. They may appear completely different, but the Java and Lite Draft work in much the same way. Both allow you to select your players and view other teams, and both are available during your live drafts. The Lite Draft version is available for computers that have not downloaded the required Java applet required to use the Java draft version. So, if it's just before draft time and you don't have time to download the Java applet, the Lite Draft is available. The lite draft is accessible from the Launch Draft page and will open a new window when clicked. It's a good backup to use in case your system has any problems with the Java applet during the draft.

So for those that don't want to download or update Java, the "lite draft" is available. You will still be able to participate in the same draft and have all the same players and features available as anyone with Java and vice versa. The only difference between the two is the graphics and interface, so unless you're big on that, you won't need to do anything with Java.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I'm setting the draft for 6:00 PM Eastern Standard Time on Saturday. Since so few people actually told me their time zone I can't really help you convert the time. But here are a few common conversions, and hopefully the majority of you live in one of these time zones.

Central Australian Time: 7:30 AM (Sunday)
GMT: 11:00 PM
Atlantic Time: 7:00 PM
Eastern Time: 6:00 PM
Central Time: 5:00 PM
Mountain Time: 4:00 PM
Pacific Time: 3:00 PM

I'll send a u2u to everyone and try to send a mass email through ESPN to let everyone know the time. If you are reading this please take the few seconds out of your day to let me know if you will be able to make it or not so that I can get a general idea of how much participation we will have at the draft.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

Im up for that

Ive also forgotten where we go for the draft...do you have a link?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
i will be there but will set up autodraft just in case

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Go to the league home page and there will be a link at the top of the page an hour before the draft starts.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I've sent out all the u2u's and sent a mass email through ESPN about the draft time. I have five confirmed people so far (including myself). Four people haven't read their u2u's yet, so hopefully we can get at least two more people.

Bunch hasn't been on ATS since August 23rd. I'm hoping he shows up but it's looking like that's not going to happen unless he got the email.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I would just like to add you got your UTC time wrong, It will actually be 2200z or 10:00pm UTC, not 11pm

But thats ok its still 6pm eastern US time

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I gots my beer. I gots no kid. And I gots nothing but time.

Here's to a good year folks.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I just logged in and Im the bloody last drafter

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Well, our draft is complete! We only had five people participating but the draft still went well. Looking at the teams that didn't participate, they actually got pretty good teams with the autopick. The only thing I was concerned with was the people who didn't show up would get bad teams but fortunately that wasn't the case.

Good luck to everyone this season!

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I CAN NOT BELIEVE I MISSED IT!!!!!!!!!! AARRRGHHHHHH!!! I HATE MY NEW JOB!!!.....Have fun guys and enjoy I will be keeping tabs of the outcome. Good Luck to all!

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Bunch

You're in the league, you know. And it's not like you have a terrible team. So missing the draft is no reason to just quit.

But whatever you want to do. It's up to you.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
reply to post by Bunch

You're in the league, you know. And it's not like you have a terrible team. So missing the draft is no reason to just quit.

But whatever you want to do. It's up to you.

I cant believe scooby won against Bushido

Talk about shock of round 1

And the guys that werent even in the draft seem to have got better teams than me

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join