It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Official Blames U.S. For Al-Qaida Attacks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Pentagon Official Blames U.S. For Al-Qaida Attacks

www.worldnetdaily.com

She believes al-Qaida was an "obscure group" turned into a massive threat due to U.S. policies.

She's referred to former President Bush as "our torturer in chief" and a "psychotic who need(s) treatment" while comparing Bush's arguments for waging a war on terrorism to Adolf Hitler's use of political propaganda.

She's worked on behalf of George Soros' philanthropic foundation.

Meet Rosa Brooks, the Obama administration's new adviser to Michelle Fluornoy, the undersecretary of defense..
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Wow, it truly appears that President Obama is on an absolutely amazing winning streak when it comes to cabinet level appointments, and department heads. First we had "Tax Cheat Geithner", then "Mentally Deficient Napolitano", and now we have "Whack-job Brooks".

I have no doubts that some on here might agree with her Partisan based rhetoric, but I hope that most can find fault in her "Blame America First" views.

BTW, since when does being a Newspaper columnist result in qualifying for a high-level post at the Pentagon?

www.worldnetdaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
What's so wrong about this?

We armed them...we armed OBL..we armed Hussein. We've been using insurgents and radical groups to further US interests in the middle east for decades.

We'd fund anyone who best suited our interests...regardless of who we were screwing over..which often resulted in betraying those we supported before.

If you believe the US had nothing to do with what happened in one shape or another on 9/11....then I believe you are mistaken.

The whole thing was a tragedy....and it was the result of poor US foreign policy.

Do I believe we should degrade our country in admitting this? No...let our soldiers have some dignity......they are following orders...although it's for BS reasons.

There is a reason RP received the most military funding of any of the Republican primary candidates....because he's said things similar to this.

This is also why people like Hannity and Beck discredit him...let's stay in Iraq for 25 more years...yeah we have the money...No Problem right?

Bring the troops home...protect the border...protect the damn country instead of fighting wars on the other side of the earth.

ALl this being said....the President of the United States shouldn't be walking around apologizing for this country either. He should be standing stern....admit mistakes.....but not demonize us.

The people of this country didn't wage this war....the government did.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
What exactly do you have a problem with in what she says.

Al-Qaida is an obscure group that in know way should of been able to pull something like 9/11 off. I blame americas, whats the word maybe complacency.

About the surge, of course more guns are going to stabilize iraq, but in no way is it going to solve any enduring social problems.

You might think torture was necessary but there's no denying that it happened by Bush and Cheney's orders. I think you do have to be psychotic to think you can torture people and still maintain any moral high ground.

And as for loss of freedom of speech again I think that is fairly obvious.

I will disagree with government control over the media though, sounds like a terrible idea that would only be counter productive in the freedom of speech issue.

"Brooks is also a law professor at the Georgetown University Law Center, where she serves as director of Georgetown Law School's Human Rights Center. She previously served as special counsel to the president at Soros' Open Society Institute. She has consulted for Human Rights Watch and served as a board member of Amnesty International USA."
I'm not going to argue with those credentials what else do you want a civil servant to have

new topics

top topics

join