It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh the stupidity (uh humanity) - details on Obama's plan to build a high speed rail system.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Sure you can afford anything. Remember that you have the magical ability to print money out of thin air

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
And what is wrong with entering the 21st century?

Europe and Japan have had these trains for years and China is in the process of building a network of them.

If we are to actually do something about both carbon emissions and oil consumption there has to be viable alternatives...

More and more the whine about taxes sounds more like... oh no progress stop it now.

Just imagine what this nation would be like if we had taken that stance in the past?

Besides all of that... building it will create jobs.

[edit on 22-4-2009 by grover]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

I agree. They will make up some horse crap about how it creates jobs or will make your life better and how somehow the money will just magically appear from that top % of "wealthy" taxpayers. You know "dont worry about higher gas taxes you wont have to drive anymore you can ride the new AmCrack."

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Can you imagine the security they will need? They are already worried as hell about Acella here in Conn. They are not realy talking about that 800 pound gorilla but some have brought it up. A train going at that speed and meeting a mismatched rail is going to do alot of damage and kill and injure alot of folks. It might be screwing with progress, but it is something to worry about, and not only from foreign folks but the crazies we have right here in the US!

Zindo

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

I was thinking about that too. A big shiny new train system is just begging a terrorist to strike it. I guess it will be ok though because Obama doesnt believe in terrorists, they are just people that wont harm us if we start being nicer.

How do you protect thousands of miles of track? I have an idea. We can tell all the Liberals that there is a rich man hiding along the railroad tracks and he has all his money because nobody has taxed him yet. That should send them running like a pack of rabid hunting dogs.

[edit on 22-4-2009 by justsomeboreddude]

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TV_Nation

I am only for this if tickets would end up being equal to a plane ticket or cheaper.

Currently, planes are cheaper and get you there A LOT faster. Now, the trains have more room yes...but that is a luxury only worth it if you have the extra time it takes to ride the train, and then the money to spend on the transportation itself.

I always wanted to ride a train across the country, but after looking at the prices I died.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by FritosBBQTwist

Well the ticket might end up being cheaper but only because your tax dollars will be subsidizing you and everyone else that rides it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join