It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reporter gets arrested by the cops while covering a story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone has posted this yet, but check out this cop getting arrested for covering a story... the news reporter says "I didn't do anything" over and over:

Link to the video

Lets skip all the obvious conspiracy ramblings, and go right to the question..

So here is the question:

Who do you think is more justified in the video there, the cops or the reporter??

edit to fix the video link

[edit on 21-4-2009 by MegaCurious]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

Your link was about job applicants at Burger King. Can you get the actual link to the story you are talking about?

Extra words.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

Here's a proper link
Cop arrests reporter

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I love how the cop doesn't even try to approach the reporter in a civil manner before arresting him.

Just another cop having a bad day taking it out on the closest person that could be cited for the smallest violation if there even was one.

The reporter was on the opposite side of the road where the accident occurred so I don't see what the problem was.

It was obvious the officer arrested the reporter out of spite and nothing else, just to flex his muscles a little.

Edit: Spelling

[edit on 21-4-2009 by TV_Nation]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
If you also notice towards the end of the clip when the camera falls to the ground, a military person or someone wearing military uniform on the scene. I wounder if there was something else going on that they did not want on the news.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
No reason what so ever for the Officers actions or attitude. My advice it the reporter is to file a law suit against this Officer for false arrest. Even though I do not like the MSM, he still has his rights, in this country.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TV_Nation

Evidently, the cop isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. He basically went nuts on someone that has barrels of ink, as they say, and knows how to use em.

Pen/sword... pick one.

If they were trying to keep something low key that's militarily involved, I'm sure the Streisand effect will take care of that.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Ridiculous!
The reporter is walking away, toward his car, albeit slowly.

Apparently, the scene of the accident was so pressing, as to force the Officer to stop whatever he was doing in regards to the accident, and focus on this dangerous citizen.

It seems pretty apparent that the Officer is very angry, and these actions he took are nothing more than him flexing his muscle.

I hope he loses his job for this.

In a better world, cops would be prosecuted for these actions.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Here's some video of the el-paso PD's Chief on it from the tv station.

KVIA report with El Paso police chief

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

Do you know where this occured at? The uniform of the "officer" didnt look real to me. Was he a police officer or security officer???

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alchemst7
If you also notice towards the end of the clip when the camera falls to the ground, a military person or someone wearing military uniform on the scene. I wounder if there was something else going on that they did not want on the news.

I thought I saw that, but then he was over near what looked like some firefighters and an overturned truck or something like that...

But you have a major point, good looks! I would bet that's why the cop didn't want the reported asking witnesses what happened..

BECAUSE MAYBE SOMETHING DID HAPPEN!

That would answer that.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
After listening to the interview with the Cheif, it seems this copper has had other issues.

Twelve issues in which he was written up.

The last one as recent as March, in which he was written up for misconduct, dereliction of duty, and abuse.

The reporter then states that the Officer may be suspended for a long time.

In what other line of work can you have this kind of track record, and still be looking at a suspension?

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaCurious
Who do you think is more justified in the video there, the cops or the reporter??

The cop. As described in the beginning of the video this was an accident scene and the officer is the on scene commander when he asks the reporter to get in his truck and leave. The reporter refused, and the cop took charge of the scene.

Originally posted by Oaktree
In what other line of work can you have this kind of track record, and still be looking at a suspension?

Or a promotion?
Washington politics.

Also, KVIA is in El Paso, TX. Home of Fort Bliss, and close by is White Sands Missle Range and Holloman AFB. I was stationed at Holloman for 3 years, and if you feel a soldier or airman being spotted around that area in battle dress uniform off-base is rare, and signifies a military conspiracy, then you should really visit the area before making that call.

[edit on 4/21/09 by Ferris.Bueller.II]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
i agree that the reporter didn't have a right to be there, but if the cop would've just ignored the stupid comments the reporter made under his breath none of this would've happened ... the reporter was obviously walking to his car ... i put this one on the cop and his lack of self discipline.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II

The cop. As described in the beginning of the video this was an accident scene and the officer is the on scene commander when he asks the reporter to get in his truck and leave. The reporter refused, and the cop took charge of the scene.

[edit on 4/21/09 by Ferris.Bueller.II]

The cop didn't ask, he ordered. He ignored the other vehicles, and persons on that side of the road, and singled out the reporter. When the reporter started toward his vehicle, he suddenly decided to arrest him, and his cameraman.

The cop is a retard that is full of himself.

new topics

top topics

join