It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NU's Katz reminds Emanuel he's Jewish

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
There's no attempt to hide anything. All the cards are lay out on the table.

National Union chairman Ya'acov "Ketzele" Katz sent a letter to White House chief-of-staff Rahm Emanuel last week admonishing him not to forget his Jewish and Israeli origins.
Katz's missive came in response to a reported verbal exchange between Emanuel and an unidentified American Jewish leader.
Katz claims that in a private meeting with the unnamed leader, Emanuel said, "In the next four years, there will be a peace agreement with the Palestinians on the basis of two states for two peoples, and it does not matter to us who is the prime minister."
In the letter, a Hebrew version of which was provided to The Jerusalem Post by Katz's parliamentary aide, Katz wrote: "For many Israelis, this report is a cause for worry because it reveals a condescending attitude toward our prime minister and Israeli public opinion. This is an attitude that Israel does not expect from a real friend such as the US, and all the more so from an Israeli Jew who has succeeded in being appointed White House chief-of-staff."
... Katz was hinting that Emanuel should use his influence to protect Israeli interests, which, he believes, are best served by preventing the creation of a Palestinian state in the West Bank and the Gaza Strip. ...

Full Report - The Jerusalem Post

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Katz claims that in a private meeting with the unnamed leader, Emanuel said, "In the next four years, there will be a peace agreement with the Palestinians on the basis of two states for two peoples, and it does not matter to us who is the prime minister."

My very first thought was "Wow, maybe it takes one Israeli Jew to finally stand up to other Israeli Jews".

But then my pessimistic side spoke up, and I realized that anything can happen for the right amount of $$$'s.

Don't think for a second that this is tough talk on the part of Rahm.
Israel will get something of greater value in this exchange.
They always do.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I'd like to see a 2 state solution, not because it is the ONLY solution, which it is, but to see israel not get something it wants for a change.

israel has taken whatever land it wanted, even when the UN told them to stop, and now if they have to give back that land, it would be a HUGE victory in showing israel that they actually do have to care about international opinion.

We have enabled israel to become the pompus state it has become, and it's time to deflate that balloon before they do something the ENTIRE world will regret, like starting another war, but this time, with a real war, with real enemies... Iran, Russia, and China.

If they do drag the US into this new war, it will be the end of American citizen support of israel.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I'm so good at stopping threads...

Sorry OP.

top topics

join