It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is so hard to believe in UFO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Today I saw an UFO… almost. I was standing and looking in the sky in the late afternoon in the city of Gdansk in Poland. I was waiting for my sister to take her by car to the home. I always look in the sky with hope I see an UFO. I am reading that forum fore along time and saw many great photos which were almost convincing. It was about 18:30 middle European time when I saw something like this. At first I was amazed, I was trayeded to take picture with my cell phone but then I remind that I have my Nikon D80 lens 18-135 in the car. I have taken really really many photos of that object. From the ground it looks like nothing which could be explained. Then my sister came and saw that object to. She was although convinced she see UFO. She even took the cell phone and ring to her boyfriend to told him about this that something strange is happening. The strange object vanished behind the nearby bounding. I get into the car with my sister and drive to a place where I suspect that I could steel see that object but the sky was empty except some planes. Traveling to my home I was preparing what to write on ATS but I have to look on the screen at the photos first. I was pretty sure the object was quite big and quite high. But. When I returned to home and look at the photos I saw at first I saw many photos of something which looks like strange object. I don’t have to say how exited I was. I toke about fifty photos of that object. Most of them shows strange unexplainable object but few of them makes me laughing very long.

It was just balloon horse. If I have taken ten or twenty photos I could be writing now about my experience with UFO. Only small minority of that photos show the true nature of that object. Despite I was disappointed at first that I didn’t saw UFO now I’m glad that know the true nature of that. If I thing that most of that cases in that forum beses on two to five photos when I had needed over fifty taken by really good camera to find the truth I’m really very skeptic.

How could we believe that some photos we saw shows ufo. Looks at the first photo, it looks definitely like some sort of flying ship. We could even imagine that it is quite big ship but finely it shows that it is only ordinary childish balloon with helium.

[edit on 22-4-2009 by odyseusz]

[edit on 22-4-2009 by odyseusz]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by odyseusz

Its not all bad, you have photographic evidence for the existence of unicorns after all .

You make a good point ,

Question : What`s better than "evidence" ?

Answer : More evidence .

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus
Question : What`s better than "evidence" ?

Answer : More evidence .

Answer: Good evidence.

And now we get an argument about what constitutes "good" evidence, I doubt not.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I think what is 'best evidence' is physical as opposed to any other form

Physical evidence can be examined after the event
Eye witnesses can be led, their eyes can be fooled, exaggerated, or even lies for various reasons,
Photographs can be doctored, enhanced to show what someone suspects or hoaxed

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daisy-Lola
I think what is 'best evidence' is physical as opposed to any other form

Physical evidence can be examined after the event
Eye witnesses can be led, their eyes can be fooled, exaggerated, or even lies for various reasons,
Photographs can be doctored, enhanced to show what someone suspects or hoaxed

And that leads to a problem. Nobody has produced physical evidence of aliens to date. (Despite claims to the contrary.) We have stories of unicorns, and even "unicorn horns" (from narwhals) but no unicorns.

The bad evidence that is presented is the biggest credibility issue ufology has. Until people stop taking junk on faith, credibility is out of the question.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Ufo stand for Unidentified Flying Object, the hard thing for some peoples is believe where are they from.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Biohazard³¹³

UFO is a code word for alien spaceship for many people. They don't distinguish between the two. So anything unidentified out there must be under intelligent non-human control. From there it snowballs.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gawdzilla
reply to post by Biohazard³¹³

UFO is a code word for alien spaceship for many people. They don't distinguish between the two. So anything unidentified out there must be under intelligent non-human control. From there it snowballs.

Some guys that i know, think that ufos are aliens...
not a flying object.

[edit on 22-4-2009 by Biohazard³¹³]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I have seen several strange things in the sky myself. Very strange in fact...
But I still remain skeptical because there is SO much out there that has been so easily debunked, proven to be a hoax....
I just wonder, if people WANT to believe UFOs are real, in the sense of 'they are alien craft visiting us!" then that would be a motive to put tons of fake footage out there...so why should I believe that any of it is real and that what I saw doesn't have some bizarre but earthly, not otherworldly, explanation?

So far, considering my experiences, of some 'things' I don't think are explainable in the realm of known flying crafts and such, I simply believe are accounted for by advanced technology that has not been presented to the general public so far. And whoever is playing around with it is no doubt having tons of fun.

But when I read the numerous accounts of alien encounters and abductions I begin to wonder a little lol
I will probably only believe when it becomes commonplace to see aliens walking around among us or I see one myself, along with some bizarre craft.
But for the sake of many who vehemently claim they exist, I remain determined not to disbelieve entirely, just yet.....

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I have no problem with the idea that aliens may have exploited some exotic physics and can now travel here. Sadly I have seen no proof of that. While it is true that people have seen some genuinely strange things, there is still no good firm evidence nor a single case you can point to and say there, the ETH is the only possible answer.

I have been an amateur astronomer now for 15 years and have spent many nights under the sky and I have never seen anything that I would regard as an alien spacecraft.

Someone earlier mentioned that UFO is now equivalent with alien spaceships, I agree- indeed it has gone much further now where lack of evidence and the willing suspension of objective thought has allowed all sorts of nonsensical claims and cranks to be seen as credible, for example bases on the Moon and Mars, crashed spaceships in the desert, all this nonsense only muddies the waters.

As a scientist, I do think UFOs are worthy of study, I always remain open minded when looking into UFO reports, sadly it becoming harder to seperate the wheat from the chaff. One only has to trake a look at the UFO and aliens board here (no offense to ATS) to see how far the subject can sink to on occasions.

[edit on 22-4-2009 by timelike]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Perhaps the lack of visits is due to the fact that we still remain, as a species, overtly barbaric. Perhaps they do not feel that we are mature enough to join their elite club

I have seen one or two odd things myself, and I am willing to believe that there are other beings out there of a superior intelligence and technological level. I like to remain open minded, though. It is better to look at both sides of an argument than to stare at one like a horse in blinkers.

new topics

top topics

join