It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you commit suicide, do you go to Hell?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by uk today
reply to post by helen670

suicide is NOT an act of murder.
It is a state of mind where you have reached the end and feel unable to continue.
Please answer me this----you're saying my mum commited murder by taking her own life because she could'nt live without her soul mate --my dad who died a few weeks before her?
What God would judge a heartbroken soul to be a murderer?
He would certainly be one lacking in compassion thats for sure.

Actually I can honestly say that, your mother is in God's memory along with your dad awaiting a resurrection back to this earth at the appointed time.
It doesn't matter whether she killed herself or died a natural death, the result will be the same, she is covered by the ransom sacrifice of Jesus, even if she had no faith in it, or him. That is how powerful God's love is towards those that have paid the ultimate price of Adamic sin, that is death.

And suicide is just like any other major sin, which can be forgiven.
There is no other classification in the bible for suicide but murder.

Stunned friends of a suicide victim may thus take comfort in knowing that “God has shown mercy to those fearing him. For he himself well knows the formation of us, remembering that we are dust.” (Psalm 103:10-14) Only God can fully understand the role of mental sickness, extreme stress, even genetic defects, in a “suicidal crisis,” which, the National Observer noted, “is not a lifetime characteristic [but] often a matter only of minutes or of hours.”—See Ecclesiastes 7:7.

Granted, one who takes his own life deprives himself of the opportunity to repent of his self-murder. But who can say whether one driven to suicide might have had a change of heart had his fatal attempt failed? Some notorious murderers have, in fact, changed and earned God’s forgiveness during their lifetime.—2 Kings 21:16; 2 Chronicles 33:12, 13.

Thus, God, having paid “a ransom in exchange for many,” is within his right to extend mercy, even to some self-murderers, by resurrecting them and giving them the precious opportunity to “repent and turn to God by doing works that befit repentance.”—Matthew 20:28; Acts 26:20.

Bottom line, she will be back!

It was because of this thread I started this thread

Hell is a Conspircacy Theory- Proved False, From The Bible

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Yes, a person who has decided on suicide must be a very lonely person. To reach that point one most likely feels they have lost everything that mattered to them, or that life was too hard to pretend anymore. I feel very sad for that person.

Now about the question if a person who commits suicide goes to hell, let me give my thoughts on the matter. First, we all must remember only God's Spirit knows the thoughts and spirit of the person who does this. The bible tells us that our bodies are the temple of God. He created us from birth and we are his children. Suicide is a act of murder as one kills their self. There is a act of death here so I consider it a act of murder. I believe the soul lives on forever, it never dies. A soul that is so tormented with thoughts of suicide and actual death of the body must be so confused. I believe that God with all his love and mercy judges each act on it's own. So, yes, I believe that some people who kill themselves do go to heaven and sorry, but some do not. Now, hell is not a place of fire and brimstone. The worst thing about being in hell is that God cannot hear your cries and begging anymore. You are forever seperated from the Father and alone.

We must show compassion to families of suicide victims. Remember, they are left with no answer that makes sense and must somehow put all the pieces together again.

Well, just my thoughts.

Peace to all,
Grandma

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

I respect that you have ultimate faith in the wording of the bible but if the only classification in it for suicide is murder then I will leave you to it.
in my mum and dads case I prefer to compare it to shakespeares "romeo and juliet"
I get far more spiritual peace from that than the bible I am afraid.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by baseball101

As crazy as it may sound...we judge ourselves. After the life of flesh, we see with a divine nature and we see where things could of went different. We judge ourselves with a divine light, we see where and what things could of helped us. Therefor, we do judge others....in order to balance things. I dont believe in eternal hell...I think we connect to our flesh lives with a divine spirit that is of us...and we come back to try again.

I have reasons to believe that we judge ourselves...in a divine presence. We dont think or assume rights or wrongs after this flesh life....we KNOW rights and wrongs...we are in a divine mind of KNOWING how harmony can and could of existed.

Only the individual knows, in its deepest thoughts, if they didnt hold out long enough, if they didnt look deep enough, if they gave up too soon due to selfish reasons. Only they can know in the divine eye...if they did something truly wrong or uncalled for.

Just thoughts
LV

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
See I agree Leo...and what I come back to over and over is that some great amount of pain must be blinding them to actually make it to that point. Calling it murder is pretty extreme and to me I think it's called murder because the bible says it is. I prefer release. Like we have all these people in unreal pain and misery with no quality of life and we won't pull them off their machine?

Goddess bless the legal system and wills cuz nobody here is going to keep me on a machine when I have nothing left

-Kyo

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I think that it's one of those issues that has no straight cut answer that applies to every case....
Some people may commit suicide because they have lost hope and such, but others may have just gone absolutely insane. I can't imagine how they could be held accountable, especially if it has everything to do with a complete deterioration of mental functioning. That said, as far as those in despair and deep depression, those are extremely mind altering things anyhow, so how can I really compare?
And who knows what other triggers and mental states and such exist that cause a person to do so.
In the case of somebody who believes in the Bible, they might feel that demonic oppression drove somebody to it, or made them act completely against what they would have done otherwise.
So I just dunno....
But I dislike the idea out there that all suicides are condemned forever, end of story. I don't think that is something we could possibly know right now.

Just me 2 cents.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Grandma

Well so nice to have my mother back on here to debate with *smiles*

My question to you is....how can a place exists outside of God? Does the idea of a Hell really make any sense to you without the Bible's tellings? To think that God gives up? To think God doesnt account for the environments wrath and shaping of a person and their personality and their self concepts? To think the divine doesnt have mercy for a hard life? To think that God says....too bad so sad.....for anyone that has had to experience this world where its not obvious that we are a part of something 'bigger'. To think that even though some have really great easy life's full of love and others have awful life's that are tough and lonely.....to think that its just too bad for some....

doesnt sit right with me

Love ya
ME

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Read "What dreams may come"...not the movie...but the book...I think Mattherson nailed it...seriously...to him...its your own personal hell because you ended your time before it was meant to be ended...so until your actual end time comes...you remain in your own personal hell...onces the times up...you move on....its fiction...but read it...

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by uk today
reply to post by helen670

suicide is NOT an act of murder.

Please answer me this----you're saying my mum commited murder by taking her own life because she could'nt live without her soul mate --my dad who died a few weeks before her?
What God would judge a heartbroken soul to be a murderer?
He would certainly be one lacking in compassion thats for sure.

Hi uk today/
Obviously you are upset and have alot of anger within you for what happened to your mum.(May God have mercy on her soul)
what I am saying, is that when one suicides or decides to takes their own life and is in 'right of mind', then one does commit murder because one takes away that right for that body to live, be it their own.
There are also different types of murderous acts, but yet they are not considered to be 'murder' as such.
eg/Wars cause death,yey they are not called murder.
Accidental deaths caused by negligence eg/driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol and causing death...eg/manslaughter
Not being in the 'right of mind' at the time of suicide can be viewed as such,as I suppose only God can judge at that time of that happening.
God is Love, and without Faith and Hope, then we have nothing!

helen

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
You may go to hell if those were your beliefs while alive.

As with life, if it doesn't make sense there is something amiss. There is no big, bad bogey man waiting for those who commit suicide -- sorry to those of you who were hoping this would be the case.

People who commit suicide are overwhelmed by either stress, lack of confidence in the future, physical illness or mental illness. Anger is all about those left behind. Survivors losing payroll, medical or other benefits as well as the guilt of "what could I have done."

Does it make sense that any compassionate deity would immediately go about the business of punishing those who, against every natural instinct, follow through and commit suicide?

The Church condemns suicide because, well, suicides mean a loss of revenue which isn't appreciated by ANY successful business.

Nonetheless a person who commits suicide may end up in "hell" according to their beliefs. It is then up to those loved ones already passed over and Spirit Guides to "wake" the person up to all the love, guidance and acceptance surrounding them.

Truth is if we remembered what it is like on the other side versus three-dimensional life on this planet, we would all be suicides at some point. No comparison, none at all. Thank goodness for Spiritual Amnesia!

There is a lesson for us all in this. Anger brings us an opportunity to forgive not only the other person but ourselves. Hopelessness bring us an opportunity to believe in ourselves. Despair brings us an opportunity to hope against hope.

These are my beliefs.

When handed a lemon, I hope to add tequila and salt resulting in much laughter, joy and a better quality of life.

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by uk today

hello uk

from a Christian standpoint

taking this issue

taking a life can be considered murder. yet as a christian we are told that all have sinned. sinning is te breaking of Gods law. YET we are forgiven if we repent and seek forgiveness from God.

NO ONE alive here on earth is able to tell what has happened in the very last moments of a life.

The bible tells us many times how people, at the last minute, can be saved.

If you are not a Christian,however, Christian replies shouldn't bother you at all.

Either way, all the best

David

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I have thought deeply about this subject over the last couple of days and I believe now more then ever that 'afterlife' is changable....we are creating it with what we believe....there is NO wrong....BUT you might create a vengeful world for yourself. I dont think those that create vengeful gods will stay with that mind complex....but they surely will have to experience in order to make sense of their own thoughts that we create and control.

Too many out of body and near death experience show the person seems to create their afterlife with their most deepest desires, fears and treasures of their hearts.

Im not saying I understand it all....but I have experienced some phenomenal things and I am finding it very dangerous to need a god that saves the day and believe in a god that rules with a demands and force.

For one moment, imagine a god that emanates into material and this emanation allows us all to find our own divine nature....god is like a by stander until we can master controlling desires, fears and pride.

The more deeper I go with my spirituality, the closer I walk with the divine, the more I see the danger of Abrahamic faiths. Those of Abrahamic faiths are going to be waiting their whole lives of god and in the after life, they will only see where they were too prideful to look beyond the horizon....to see, there is much much more to learn about themselves.

I mean no harm....this comes from my deepest being, I am very spiritual and have been on a path of seeking for some time now. I dont claim I am right, for I would be a fool.......but I urge all you stand and say "I KNOW< I HAVE BEEN SHOWN BY GOD

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
...To realize....MANY PEOPLE SEE DIFFERENT THINGS>>>MANY PEOPLE ARE SHOWN DIFFERENT THINGS.

To think these visions, manifestations ect....in our minds, thoughts, being, visions, dreams.....are absolute and arent deeply tied to our own desires, fears, and treasures, would be ignorant to ignore the differences of experiences!!!!!!

You will truly experience a place of a vengeful demanding god....if that is your thoughts and you have made this your being....

But know.....there is more..much much more....all things are possible....

YOU ARE CREATORS! The thought that god is this absolute entity that demands worship from you is stagnating your ability for being in this flesh. You will come back here and relearn..........because you were not able to surpass fears and desires that thinking knowledge is something you find in a book. Knowledge is something you find through humble living and in the moment of KNOWING you dont know ALL. There is so many things here we have to release....and accept.

Faith is strong, for when you KNOW something, it is this where you begin to create for yourself. Be careful of what you create...you will HAVE to experience it.

I know many disagree...and will say HOW DO YOU KNOW AND THE BIBLE DOESN'T SAY SO.........

You are only stagnating your spiritual purpose by thinking such things. Seek in places that have always been here, things that have no material value, things that god could of emanated in that can last as long as this sphere exists.....the nature of this world can lead to the nature of the divine.

Peace

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by drevill

thanks David for your views on this.
I do believe strongly that we are created --but just not sure on what or whom created us.
I do have respect for everyone's beliefs and faith but no one can be 100% sure until they die. In fact I don't like the word "die"---I don't believe we ever truly die.
There is no definative evidence for any of it.
That's the way it's obviously meant to play out!

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by uk today

I saw your post and it stuck me right between the eyes for some reason I had to correct it.

It wouldn't be so that he would lack compassion (theoretically saying the God of the Bible is the True God) God need not have compassion, It would be more so, that God know not of that which he created, to expect one to turn to suicide. If God would send you to hell for your last act of desperation this is a God who does not know the human mind, physilogical makeup.

Suicide also wasn't a ultimate sin until made so by a pope in an earlier century when catholic boys were killing themselves at an alarming rate, it was implemented then in an attempt to stop it, but still to no avail.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Hell means "death" or "grave" (sheol and hades in the bible). When you die, you go to hell because you die and go to the grave. Jesus was in hell for 3 days and 3 nights but not in a fiery pit, just His tomb. Committing suicide is simply the end of this physical life we live. Our body and soul do not separate. We must be resurrected by God. And for "grandma" who says the soul lives on forever, I quote the book of Matthew 10:28...

28 And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell (gehenna fire).

This verse clearly states that a physical death is not the end of life but also states that your soul can be destroyed in the lake of fire and only God can destroy your soul. Now the soul sleeps with the body at death, for the word "soul" actually means "life" so your soul does die with your body, but you cannot be destroyed body and soul forever unless you partake in the lake of fire (2nd death).

A person who commits suicide is not considered a murderer because the definition of a murderer is "someone who willingly takes another life." He may have willingly taken his own life, but it's not someone elses life. I believe you will not be alive again until your appointed resurrection. There is one at the end of the Great Tribulation which most refer to as the Rapture. It is the resurrection of the saints. The second resurrection takes place after a thousand years of peace on earth under the leadership of Jesus. This is the massive resurrection of all people throughout history. These people are threatened by the 2nd death but are not judged completely by what they did on earth but by what they do at the judgement throne.... deny or accept God.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join