It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brits Offer Reward Of $14 Million For Deciphering Mystery Of Bees Dying

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Brits Offer Reward Of $14 Million For Deciphering Mystery Of Bees Dying

www.liveleak.com

U.K. (Northwestern Europe): A british consorteum is offering $14 million dollars to anyone who can discover why 70% of honey-making bees around the world have disappeared.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Does anyone wanna go in on this with me? I am sure there are many brains that could get down to the bottom of this epidemic, even if they do not like the answer. Perhaps they already know and this is just mainstream news or perhaps they do not know and they are serious about curing the problem? I have seen lots of reports on such things but "What is the truth" is the question I ask now?

www.liveleak.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 21-4-2009 by ItzMeRon]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Where can we send them the info? I would like 14 millions bucks... The answer is: MONSANTO CROPS, MODIFIED CROPS. GM CROPS.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Where can we send them the info? I would like 14 millions bucks... The answer is: MONSANTO CROPS, MODIFIED CROPS. GM CROPS.

Yes that would be my belief also.The terminator gene encoded in these plants would probably make the pollen posionious to pollinating insects such as bees.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Albert Einstein said if we lose the bees we will lose our lives. All of us.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Yo! Vitchilio, I think you've nailed it there. I'm a beekeeper myself, and GM is a massive concern to me. We've not lost any yet, but who knows, it could happen anyday...

The terminator gene encoded in these plants would probably make the pollen posionious to pollinating insects such as bees.

This is scary if true... We just need to dress this up into a 100 page report full of facts & figs, then reap the reward.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Guys...I have a confession to make.
I live a secret life as a serial killer of bees.
Lets go get that money!!

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
They should read ATS more often...
we already know why the bees are dying

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
A gentleman by the name of Micheal Buxton has written books on the importance off bees, and yeah no bees no us.........

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by king9072
Albert Einstein said if we lose the bees we will lose our lives. All of us.

Right. And I think that is correct.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Bees breathe through their skin, like other insects. We're poisoning the planet, aswell as other species of life. Not just that, but, plants are dying too, which is their "source of life".. without it, they can't make honey, and feed their young e.t.c

Maybe the oxygen content in the air is too low for them to survive.

Maybe it's because of the fluctuating seasons at the moment. They try to nest and what-not when it's too cold, they'll die, and we'll see a shortage in Bees.

Or, maybe "Raid" has become a household item

Sorry, had to put a joke in there at the end.

Edit: Just checked out the guys other thread above me.. it makes sense. But, ya know.. take it with a pinch of salt, as you should with everything else

[edit on 21-4-2009 by Alesanjin]

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I was watching a documentary about the bee problem last night and it sunds really dire, I had no idea it was so bad. I don't know where the 70% figure came from though, I understood it to be around 40% of bees being lost for several consecutive years in Eurpoe and the USA . But yes, bees are vital for pollentation and when there is no pollentation, plants, trees and crops etc won't produce anything. Apparantly one in 3 things on our food plates each day only get there thanks to the bees. This implies that with a continued die-off there would be businesses failing all over the place, food shortages and eventually famine and therefore millions dying . Australia's bees are not hit but instead are thriving (so far) and they are having to export bees to other countries to help out .

I wonder what percentages of decline are needed in how many places in the world and for how many consecutive years before crop failures DO lead to food shortages in the 1st World countries...and how the situation would likely be exacerabted by the codex alimentarius plan to outlaw organic produce and so effectively make the use of pesticides and so forth mandatory in farming ......?

And if a link to GM crops is proved certain, surely it begs the question "Surely the GM bunch would have performed tests to see if there's be any problems for the bee community and if so doesn't this imply the die off the bees has been planned in order to kill tens of millions through world wide famine ?"

Or am I being paranoid.........

new topics

top topics

join