It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waterboarding thwarted attack on Los Angeles

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

They don't have a right to remain silent because they are not citizens of the United States....Your gonna read some terrorists that are hell bent on the destruction of the West their Miranda rights.
...lol. GTFO of town.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by observer

Yeah, the good old fashioned way. It worked for decades before the war on terror.

Also, you'd think with all the technology at their disposal why not microchip them set them free and listen in on their conversations, if they are so absolutely sure that they mean us harm? They're bound to not only get the details of terror
plots but also to have concrete evidence to nail them with.

I guess that would be too simple too.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by peponastick

Your gonna read some terrorists that are hell bent on the destruction of the West their Miranda rights.
...lol. GTFO of town.

It depends on whether they are being considered as POW's or as criminals.

If they are to be classified as criminals for their actions, then they are to be made aware of their rights upon arrest or as soon as possible thereafter.

Semper Fi

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Flighty

You'd still need translators who understand nuance and local slang terms and culture.The alleged 9-11 patsy guys were sending code in the form of sports talk for instance.Since when are terrorists interested in soccer?But you have to like the people you study to get there,not just call 'em dehumanizing terms.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by godless
Right. This guy is part of a movement that has no shortage of people willing to drive an explosives-laden vehicle into a crowded marketplace and then detonating themselves, as well as everybody else in a 10 meter circle, but, if you threaten one of them with death-by-drowning, suddenly they are willling to renounce their religious fervor and spill everything to the interrogators of "The Great Satan".

Isn't it curious?

I haven't seen this posted yet. Those of you who support waterboarding as "torture-lite" might find this video enlightening. Christopher Hitchens, a strong defender of the idea that waterboarding does not constitute torture, was approached by contrarians to participate in his own waterboarding--you know, just to see if it really wasn't that bad. His reaction to the treatment is interesting to see. And just look--he gets to say "enough!" (quite quickly, I might add).

Watch Christopher Hitchens Get Waterboarded

[edit on 22/4/09 by paperplanes]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Geneva Convention ONLY applies to uniformed soldiers

you think the CIA takes people just selling CD's and starts waterboarding them? HELL NO, they pick people that have fought against us on the battlefield. THESE PEOPLE KNOW WHERE HIDEOUTS AND THEIR OWN PEOPLE ARE. And if it takes waterboarding to get the info, so be it. I wont lose sleep over a terrorist being killed.

i didnt see any of you complaining when daniel pearl's head was lopped off by al qaeda. oh wait im sorry, according to you same people, the CIA is al qaeda since we trained them to be what they are today,

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Soldier

i didnt see any of you complaining when daniel pearl's head was lopped off by al qaeda.

Those who did that should be prosecuted for murder if they are ever caught.

They have a right to a fair trial and should not have any cruel and unusual punishment inflicted upon them.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

i didnt see any of you complaining when daniel pearl's head was lopped off by al qaeda.

Those who did that should be prosecuted for murder if they are ever caught.

They have a right to a fair trial and should not have any cruel and unusual punishment inflicted upon them.

they didnt give daniel pearl a fair trial. those people dont deserve any humane treatment. you are living in a fantasy world where the crooks dont deserve harsh punishment and the innocent deserve what they get. you really make me sick

[edit on 22-4-2009 by Dark Soldier]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   

they didnt give daniel pearl a fair trial. those people dont deserve any humane treatment. you are living in a fantasy world where the crooks dont deserve harsh punishment and the innocent deserve what they get. you really make me sick

Who say who are the crooks, the police and government kill endless amounts of there own people all the time, where is the justice for them. Oh i forgot that is just a fantasy world, lol.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   

you really make me sick

And I am a strict Constitutionalist.

It is a shame that my support of and adherence to the Constitution and Bill of Rights "really" makes you sick.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I'm a little surprised that nobody thinks that the terrorists are trained to withstand our normal interrogation techniques. They are trained just like our soldiers to survive interrogation at the hands of their captors. Our military does this in the escape and evasion part of training for certain branches, like special forces. Why is it safe to assume that the terrorists are not doing the same or even a little more extreme? has anyone paid attention to how they deal with their captured prisoners? They look at our "torture" and probably are laughing their @$$es off at whata bunch of sissies we are. What do they do? Hmm lets see, for starters, ah, a hot iron to body parts, hammers breaking bones, drill bits, car batteries to genitles, ummm beheading? How about cutting off body parts? Acids thrown? beaten to death? Eyes plucked? Tounges cut out? Run over by a large vehicle? Castrated?

And our "torture"? Slapped about the face or belly (Pink belly). Loud music. "High stress" positions. Sleep deprivation. Wearing panties (oh my! such beasts!) Forced into cold rooms. A bug in the room! (probably hitched a ride on them). Faking having them smashed into a wall (haha I do that to brother and I think they do that in certain frat houses with a fake high fall as initiation). SIMULATED drowning (waterboarding) the most "extreme" of them all.

I'll tell you one thing, after looking at both sides method's of "torture", I'd rather be waterboarded than having a body part cut off, burned, beaten, and having my head cut off on the internet. And dont tell me that after TELLING the enemies of how we do things, that they are not going to train their operatives to be able to withstand this sort of, heh, discomfort.

You cannot train our people to withstand having body parts cut off, or burned with red hot irons, having bones broken with a hammer, or having a drill bit drilled into a body part. Can you? And now what? All this is going to do is embolden our enemies and get them ready to deal with our methods. and then what good will it be? ah and then lets give them public defenders and try them in our courts so all the bleeding hearts can defend these "poor misunderstood souls who meant us no harm."

PS: here in Chicago, we just put away a police officer who ACTUALLY tortured prisoners with gruesome methods back in the early 80s. Now THAT I considered true torture. But having people's comfort disturbed? Boo hoo! Some terrorist is forced into extreme yoga positiions to make him crack. Boohoo! How can I sleep at night?

[edit on 4/22/2009 by GenRadek]

[edit on 4/22/2009 by GenRadek]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by GenRadek
.... ah and then lets give them public defenders and try them in our courts...

An excellent idea.

This is exactly what should be done.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

I guess you didnt notice the sarcasm there.

So you think these non-us citizens, who are actively planning to kill YOU and me in any way possible, should be tried in a non-military court, right next to our US citizens who are awaiting their trials for other crimes?

great lets tie up our court system even more by bringing this human refuse to our shores, put them in our prisons in our country. And have our tax dollars be wasted on defending these murderers who wouldntt even think twice of stabbing you in the back at a moments notice? Hey! How about you let the CIA send these terrorists to live next to you while they wait their trial? I'll bet you feel really safe knowing they are nearby.

Keep them away from me. Keep them far away in Club Gitmo. i dont want more of these terrorists coming here, and then GOD FORBID have them freed on a technicalityand free to wander our country so they can return to plotting our death and destruction with the knowledge that if caught again, they can just bat their eyelashes, make great big puppy eyes, and say, "I didnt do it yoru honor! I leanred my lesson!"
No thank you.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by GenRadek

So you think these non-us citizens, who are actively planning to kill YOU and me in any way possible, should be tried in a non-military court, right next to our US citizens who are awaiting their trials for other crimes?

Correct.

I want them found guilty or innocent by a jury of American citizens in non-military court.

Edit; In lieu of jury trial I would also support holding them as POWs to be released upon the ending of the occupations of the respective countries wherein their capture occurred. Holding them longer than the occupation lasts would require that they be formally charged and tried in a non-military court.

[edit on 22-4-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
You could bet your bottom dollar that these hypocrites would be lining up with buckets of water to dump if they knew with 100% certainty that a loved one would be killed in a preventable attack...You all know it but wont say it..Thats the cold hard truth and you and i both know it..its human nature..

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redpillblues
You could bet your bottom dollar that these hypocrites would be lining up with buckets of water to dump if they knew with 100% certainty that a loved one would be killed in a preventable attack...You all know it but wont say it..

...If I ever did something such as that; I'd expect to be convicted of assault and battery - Just as all those who torture or who authorized it's use should be tried and convicted.

*However your scenario is unrealistic and reality is not like '24'...
Jack Bauer would be a criminal if he was real.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Its funny how with a simple question it goes from ''I would ask them nicely''
to ''I geuss I would BUT........"

Its not a tv show its a simple answer of you dont put the shoe on only when you seem fit to..Thats hypocritical..thank you for proving my point..

[edit on 22-4-2009 by Redpillblues]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Redpillblues

You were speaking hypothetically.

Nor did I say that I would ever torture anyone.

I did say that I would expect to be punished if ever I did do such a thing:

"If I ever did something such as that; I'd expect to be convicted of assault and battery - Just as all those who torture or who authorized it's use should be tried and convicted."

*Nice try!

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I call bs. Any criminal or terrorist organization that deems itself professional would change plans immediatily after finding out a person of their team was in the captivity of the enemy. Especially if this person had knowledge of attacks/plans. Ergo, they thwarted an abandoned plan. Its plain logic if you think about it...

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
...If I ever did something such as that;

nice edit to add this^^^^

kinda washes away your sins...lol..

geez..

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join